Chicago Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago Airports X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, you should be able to download the last updated version from your store. You can also use the fix from this post: viewtopic.php?p=20320#p20320
Macktwain143
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Macke143

Post by Macktwain143 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Tuesday 05 May 2020, 12:19
Er!k wrote: Tuesday 05 May 2020, 11:26 the taxiway bridges look transparant, and both user planes and AI cannot cross them (falling into a hole).
Can you let us know what is your mesh setting in P3D?
Hey, I had the same issue twice last night. I bought the scenery on Saturday. And I keep falling into the hole at the taxiway bridge . I use FSX btw. I installed only the Kord scenery without checking any of the special details. Any workarounds?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. Please make sure that your mesh is set to the highest value.
mjl1966
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: mjl1966

Post by mjl1966 »

Nope. I set texture slider all the way to the right and the plane still falls through the taxiway (PPP) You have a glitch in your scenery my friend. 27L is closed.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Taxiway bridges are very sensitive and some other addons or settings might have impact to them. We tested it in our simulators many times and everything worked fine there. Can you please let us know which settings have you choosed during the installation process? Is there any diference if you run the installer and install Chicago Airports X with all "ticked" options? Any other addons in this area and/or mesh addon? Our scenery is on top of the scenery library?
mjl1966
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by mjl1966 »

Fair enough. I'll gather some data tonight and get that back to you.
mjl1966
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by mjl1966 »

Scenery: Mesh complexity: 100 // Mesh resolution: 1m // Scenery complexity: Very dense
Scenery Library: Chicago X on top

Install was airport only, no airport details. (VAS runs out with details installed)

Addons: PMDG 737NGX, GSX, F1 UTL, ATC-PROX, AS2016 (Pretty sure none of this would affect mesh, but there they are.Z)

Taxi to bridge - fall off. Note - If I look outside from spot view, there is no terrain beneath the bridge and the texture is invisible from below. The terrain is just a big ditch.

///reinstall Chicago-X with Install the airport and Include airport details selected.

Reload sim. Check to make sure detailed version is running - I can see static vehicles and train running.

Taxi across bridge - success. I also see concrete pylons and bridge beams in the scenery now.

So, there is some BGL we need for this taxiway to work.

I know it's just FSX, but if you could release an update where the bridge terrain is active without "airport details," those of us who have to watch our VAS would appreciate it. Taxiway functionality should be part of the scenery either way -- reasonable argument?

But there's the fix.

VAS: I have W10 64 with 32G RAM. But, as we know, FSX is a 32-bit process and can only use 4G no matter how much RAM is installed. I've had to deactivate details to avoid VAS exhaustion in several scenarios. Your scenery is beautiful, but it is expensive with VAS. Taxiway fix for the non-detailed version would be greatly appreciated.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Yes, those bridges are part of the Details package. Frankly, the "no-detail" option was rather intended to use if your airport is just an alternate airport, not a primary airport. Many important features are excluded when Details are not selected.
mjl1966 wrote: Friday 17 Dec 2021, 01:55 I know it's just FSX, but if you could release an update
There is no way for us to do it since we do not work with FSX anymore.
mjl1966 wrote: Friday 17 Dec 2021, 01:55 Your scenery is beautiful, but it is expensive with VAS.
Have you tried installing the "Lite Texture Pack"? This has the highest impact on VAS.
mjl1966
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by mjl1966 »

Understood.

Hey, let me ask you a question. I actually worked on my own version of KORD some years ago. Pavement, textures for runway markings with normal maps -- I spent a good 50 hours on it. (Not just an AFCAD rebuild.) But I couldn't find any information on the actual terminals. No blueprints, architecture drawings - nothing. I wanted to take a stab at it with Blender, but without some kind of plans, it was just not possible. Where in the heck did you get your info on the buildings? They're quite amazing.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you.
Everywhere we could, including airport workers and pilots operating from those airports.
WN737
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Chris

Post by WN737 »

It looks like the new MSFS version fixed the terminal color to be more white from P3D version, is there any chance the P3D version will be updated to reflect the change in the terminal. I work at MDW and would love to see it looks less grey and more white!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I will note this, but at the moment there is no decision when we will start working on new P3D version.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

WN737,
It is currently unclear where P3D sim is heading. It does not seem to be heading in a direction attractive to developers. If this is the case, you should probably not be optimistic about any P3D updates / new products.
speecal
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Cal1

Post by speecal »

Please pardon me if I am responding the wrong way but first let me say how terrific I think Drzewiecki products are, I am currently running FSX and have installed Chicago X Airports. Ohare looks amazing but I was wondering if anyone else has the problem I've encountered. I am trying to get the jetways to operate...through GSX and SODE..latest version..the jetways do respond because I see the line "Jetway is operating" however they are not animating...no movement so I'm trying to figure this out and would welcome any suggestions....one other thing that really isn't that big of a deal is at Midway airport which looks great also..I noticed Jet airliners taking off and landing from runways 31L..31R..4L..22R...etc..I grew up around Midway airport and being the crazy aviation fan I am...I know that Jet Airliners at Midway only can use 31C..13C..4R...and 22L because these are the longest runways at Midway....just FYI...anyway I hope Drzewiecki desighers are busy with many new airport sceneries and hope they remember there are still thousands of us who still use FSX....MSFS..although great...is still to different and a little overwhelming for me....
abarath0204
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Rudy

Post by abarath0204 »

Hello All,

1. For the PMDG 737, im having trouble getting the updated runways in the FMC. it still has the old runways in the FMC.

2. In addition, when i choose an existing runway, the APPRCH doesnt recognize the ILS frequency and the Navraids have been updated already. Assistance would be sincerely appreciated