Chicago Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago Airports X

Post by Martin_Starski »

CurtLewis95T wrote: Tuesday 02 Jun 2020, 05:55 an issue with the Chicago airports
Please check few post above on the same page: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... 435#p20320
Gollum65
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: PaulB

Post by Gollum65 »

The above-attached file did not fix the runway lights issue for me, but I suspect I didn't install it correctly? Inside C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE there was no sdx folder, so I created one, with the folder DrzewieckiDesign underneath, and extracted the above-attached file into it. Nothing changed. So what did I do wrong?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

It seems that your installation was wrong indeed.
What folders / data do you have in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE?
SODE is working good with others sceneries?
Maybe our installer was not able to copy the respective files to SODE folder - have you run the installer with admin rights?
Gollum65
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: PaulB

Post by Gollum65 »

Yeah, I had been uninstalling and reinstalling SODE as I was discussing the runway lights issue with the SODE developer. Reinstalled Chicago Airports and now the folder is there. Thanks.
Aviation1281
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Bill

Post by Aviation1281 »

Hi I was wondering I have 3 major city x.. Washington X, Chicago X, and New York X City.. Is there a config file stand alone that I am either missing finding, if so where does it put it which file does it normally put it with ? Cause as I've right now the only config I see you have to take the scenery off and put it back on again just to get those selections you get in the beginning.. Most scenery places been having a config place you can go too in order adjust scenery accordingly so it don't hit your fps so hard by unwanted items.. If not already implemented be nice to have with these sceneries as well.. To have a stand alone config file that comes with it and drops in either primary folder with the scenery or one of the ones that go to C:/users/ yourname/ where that file may go..
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Bill, you simply run the installer of a particular product. This also helps to keep all of them up-to-date.
clintos96
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: clintos96

Post by clintos96 »

Anyone else had this issue after installing blackmarble?

This is KORD and only have this issue at my installed DD airports :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

From our side we can only say that we have never tested our products with this addon, so probably you need to contact with the author of add-on that affects our add-on.
TonyWaldron
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Tony

Post by TonyWaldron »

Hello,

I bought Chicago X City Scenery a few months ago and it worked fine. Recently I availed of the free airports package but every time I try to fly from Midway (I haven't tried O'Hare) I I get repeated warning tones and FSX crashes. I thought SODE was the problem so deactivated (issue remained) then uninstalled it, but the problem persists. I tried disabling the airports in Scenery Library but discovered they are in the same entry as the City. Unless I get a solution then I'll have to uninstall all of Chicago X and reinstall the City and forget about the airports which will be a disappointment. I have no problems with any other addons, either scenery, airports or aircraft.

Are there minimum specifications to run these airports?
My specs are:
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Processor: 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 [Display adapter]
RAM: 16 Gb
FSX with SP1 & SP2
No other USA scenery installed.

Regards,

Tony
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Please make sure to install the Lite Textures package for both products.
TonyWaldron
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by TonyWaldron »

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Did you look at my specs? I am considering increasing my RAM - would this help? I assume that to install the Lite Textures I'll have to uninstall the Airports first? My problem with this is that Chicago X does n ot appear in the list of Start Menu Programs nor does it appear in the Uninstall Apps in Windows Settings. Can I just delete the folder with the scenery? I wouldl like to use the higher quality textures hence my question about the specs.Since installing these airports I am also getting FSX crashes on a particular add on aircraft but not in every airport. Does the Chicago X Scenery load into memory even if I'm not flying in the Chicago area - I normally fly in Ireland.

Regards,

Tony
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Tony, unfortunately in case of FSX (which is a 32-bit platform) increasing your RAM will not help.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

TonyWaldron wrote: Wednesday 24 Jun 2020, 19:29 I assume that to install the Lite Textures I'll have to uninstall the Airports first?
No - you can run the installer again and mark the respective options, then install.
TonyWaldron wrote: Wednesday 24 Jun 2020, 19:29 Does the Chicago X Scenery load into memory even if I'm not flying in the Chicago area - I normally fly in Ireland.
Firstly you need to remember that It is also very demanding area with a lot of autogen - detailed scenery requires more resources than a less detailed scenery... even if it is optimized as much as possible.

The "out of memory" problem is something that is related to FSX engine, which is 32bit - in P3D v4 or P3D v5, which are 64bit, such problem shouldn't exist.

High AI traffic makes a huge difference too, so you may reduce it too.
Have you also tried to leave only the airports from the package that you want to use - it may be worth deactivating the ones which you are not going to use.
And finally - have you ever modified your fsx.cfg? Some changes may have the influence to such problems. For example you can make sure that your MAX_TEXTURE_LOAD=1024
TonyWaldron
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by TonyWaldron »

Thanks - I will try out the options you've suggested.
Regards,
Tony
B744F
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: David

Post by B744F »

Hello In Prepar3d 4.5 I have no O'Hare conflicting scenery, mesh slider 5m, and at the south part of the Bravo bridge after G2 taxiway my airplane bounces and falls through the map.
David