Chicago Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Chicago Airports X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The FS Folder is not defined indeed. Please try switching OFF your antivirus software during install and running the installer with admin rights.

BTW, what is the actual path to your P3Dv4 folder?
flybyme
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: flybyme

Post by flybyme »

The only antivirus I have is windows defender. And with that turned off it’s the same error. I downloaded 1.3 in March with no issues. The path is the D: drive
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

So your sim path is: D:\Prepar3D right?

Maybe something Is wrong with registry entries. The installer tries to intall a file into the \Addon Scenery\Chicago X but there is no such folder. The correct path would be for example D:\Prepar3D\Addon Scenery\Chicago X. There is probably an entry in the registry but without any value and this obviously will confuse the installer. You can check that easily by yourself:

Press Windows+R, enter "regedit" and press Enter. Now navigate to the proper directory, which for P3Dv4 is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "SetupPath"
or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "SetupPath"
or
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "AppPath"
Check the key value. It should point to where your P3Dv4 is installed but in your case it is probably empty. Additionally something (security settings or other programs) might be blocking the installers from reading that path.
flybyme
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by flybyme »

Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 31 Oct 2020, 14:10 So your sim path is: D:\Prepar3D right?

Maybe something Is wrong with registry entries. The installer tries to intall a file into the \Addon Scenery\Chicago X but there is no such folder. The correct path would be for example D:\Prepar3D\Addon Scenery\Chicago X. There is probably an entry in the registry but without any value and this obviously will confuse the installer. You can check that easily by yourself:

Press Windows+R, enter "regedit" and press Enter. Now navigate to the proper directory, which for P3Dv4 is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "SetupPath"
or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "SetupPath"
or
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "AppPath"
Check the key value. It should point to where your P3Dv4 is installed but in your case it is probably empty. Additionally something (security settings or other programs) might be blocking the installers from reading that path.
This was the fix. In the Wow6432Node key there was not a Prepar3D v4 value. So I added that along with a string key for the SetupPath and the installer was able to recognize the folder. Thank you for your help!
flybyme
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by flybyme »

I'm having the issue where there are no taxiway lights at night, but the runway lights are working. I've noticed this issue at some default airports too. I have ORBX Global and Vector. Does anyone know of a solution?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

In Chicago Airports we had an issue with lights some time ago, but it was relating to SODE and was fixed in the last version: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... 435#p20320

But If the same problem is for different airports and only relates to the taxiway lights, it seems to be the general sim issue with no access to some files or missing files from effects folder. I think it could have happened with a simulator update or something like this.
eckertomi
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: eckertomi

Post by eckertomi »

Hello there,

I have got Issues with KORD and maybe KMDW aswell as there are no procedures (SID, STARS) present. Neither In Aivlasoft EFB and the AS A320 MCDU. I have Navigraph Subscription and all the FMS data updated for all of my addons. Sim is P3DV5. I used to have FSDT KORD but uninstalled it via Control Panel, and I installed DD after that. I dont know if this is a scenery issue? Is there any fix?

Thanks
Tom
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

No, scenery has nothing to do with STAR / SID data. You are talking about AIRAC, which includes all such information and it should be possible to update it via Navigraph for example.
DevineDan
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Daniel

Post by DevineDan »

Hello, I just bought Chicago Airports X for FSX, it is great but I have a problem with the runway lights. They are on, but they are tiles which block the view to things behind them. So they look good when looking out of the cockpit window but when you look at your plane from the outside things like the gear disappear behind the lights because they seem to be made of a tile which is non transparent...please let me know how to fix this - thank you and best greetings!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you show it via screenshot please because I need to understand the problem? Maybe you have activated DX-10 preview?
zbaiocchi
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Zach

Post by zbaiocchi »

Can someone help me out with OHare? I have had it installed for a couple weeks on V5.1 HF1 and just today there are no buildings/terminals at the airport
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Are you sure that there are no duplicated entries in the scenery library? Or - If it was working fine - maybe you installed something else which has higher priority now?
DevineDan
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by DevineDan »

Hello again,

about my lights problem. No, DX-10 preview is deactivated. I attached three pictures. I it is like the light bloom on runway and taxiway lights is a 2D tile, that stands vertically on the runway and makes the airplane behind disappear.

Thank you in advance for your help and best greetings!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi Daniel, there was such bug in the past, but I'm almost sure that it was solved several months ago... Which scenery version have you installed?

Have you choosed the option "light always on" during the install? Can you do me a favour and check if the problem still occurs without this option? (just run the installer again and untick this option)
DevineDan
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by DevineDan »

Dear Martin, thank you for your reply. Yes, the problem exists only with the "lights always on" option (I tried both options), because without it, I only have very dim lights at night and no runway centerline lights, no High Intensity Approach Lights, Flashes, etc, only very dim runway side lights (and taxiway), but also no "light blocking" as described. So with the "always on" option, these lights are there, day and night, but with the described problem of blocking the view. My version is 1.4, I bought it on the weekend.

Any idea, what I could do to resolve the issue?

Thank you very much for your help and best greetings!