Chicago Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

scottie2950
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Scott

Re: Chicago Airports X

Post by scottie2950 »

I need technical support! Who do I contact?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please describe your issue here.
Efcrich
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Rich

Post by Efcrich »

Hi,

For performance reasons I deselected airport details at KORD when installing however all taxi signs disappear. I do not miss the small details such as moving vehicles etc however the taxi signs are important. Is there a file that can be activated which allows the taxi signs to load even when airport details are not selected during the installation?

Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, It has to be checked. Can you please post the screenshot including your selected options in the installer? When you reinstall the scenery with marked "airport details", taxi signs are visible again, right?
Efcrich
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Efcrich »

I thought that may be the case, yes taxi signs are visible when the selection is checked so I will reinstall and enable airport details.
Thanks
Jorgen
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Jorgen »

Hello,

I recently bought Chicago X, and installed it under FSX and P3D. I noticed that the installation created an ORBX folder in both simulators. Now, I do not have any ORBX products, so can I safely remove that folder?

Thanks -

Jorgen
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Probably it's caused by the fact that our installer wanted to adapt the ORBX scenery in your sim. You can remove it or leave it.
Efcrich
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Efcrich »

I am having an issue with the bridge on taxiway B. The aircraft falls straight through and cannot be recovered. This is with the FSLabs A321. Mesh is set at 1m.
ddajetking777
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Doug

Post by ddajetking777 »

Hello

Runways 9R and 10L - it appears the runway coordinates are inaccurate - when departing either runway, RAAS will say on taxiway and then about half way down the runway, RAAS will announce correct runway. I've updated to makerunways to 4.891 but the callout is still the same ...any thoughts?? Thx Doug
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

My suggestion would be to contact the authors of the software which has the issue. Our products are built according to P3Dv4 SDK and we do not have any idea what that RAAS software might search for in i.a. AFCAD files to display correct data.
ESzczesniak
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by ESzczesniak »

I am missing taxiway and runway markings at least at MDW. I've had Chicago Airports since nearly release (and updated to 1.2 along the way), but am only just getting back in to flight sim and noticing this. Any thoughts as to what I could do to fix this? I do have Orbx KCGX and FSDT ORD v2 installed as well, but I'm not sure I'd expect these to interfere.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

ESzczesniak wrote: Monday 23 Mar 2020, 21:53 I am missing taxiway and runway markings at least at MDW.
Do you mean signs? Horizontal or vertical markings? Can you post the screenshot to show how does it look like?
Archie Bailey
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Archie

Post by Archie Bailey »

Hi,

Is there any way to remove static aircraft from the Demo version of the product?

Thanks,
Archie.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

In our full version such option can be choosed during the installation process. In case of demo you may try to deactivate / remove the respective bgl file in the scenery folder (in its name there is a word "static").
Archie Bailey
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Archie

Post by Archie Bailey »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have several files with 'Stat' in - KMDW_JWStat_PLC.bgl, KMDW_STAT_LIB.bgl, KORD_STAT_PLC.bgl, KORD_STAT_LIB.bgl, KORD_JWStat_PLC.bgl, KORD_JWStat_PLC.bgl, KMDW_STAT_PLC.bgl, KPWK_STAT_PLC.bgl and KPWK_STAT_LIB.bgl. I have just one that has 'static' in - KORD_JWStatic.bgl. Do I delete just the KORD_JWStatic.bgl or all the files with 'Stat' or 'static' in?:)

Thanks,
Archie.