Latest version: v1.6 (2018)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: New York City XP

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Thanks for the report. We will have a look at those bridges.
sfisher64
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Steve_Fisher

Post by sfisher64 »

I have a strange problem. In Manhattan, from Central Park and north, I don't get any buildings. Everything south of Central Park is amazing.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Please provide a screenshot.
jfwharton
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: John

Post by jfwharton »

I just purchased and installed New York City XP and have an issue. Yesterday I had purchased and installed Washington XP and was very pleased that it allowed me to install it without any photo ground scenery so that is works perfectly with my TerraMaxx plugin which provides seasonal ground textures. Stupid me thought that the New York City XP scenery would work the same way. Apparently it does not. So I am asking if there is any way to remove the photo ground textures and have the buildings etc in order for this to work with my TerraMaxx seasonal plugin? If there isn't a way to do this I will have to ask the x plane store for a refund.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Indeed, many our customers asked for an easy solution to remove the photoreal ground and we started to provide this functionality in our 218+ Install Procedure-compatible installers: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... ?f=3&t=412 . NY City XP product is compatible with that install procedure but you need to have at least version v1.6 installed of that product. Please check which version you own and if it is anything previouis than v1.6, please contact the vendor to provide you the most up-to-date version of NYC XP. If there are any problems, feel free to write here.
jfwharton
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jfwharton »

The version.txt file says I have version 2 of New York City XP, but there are no installer folders as listed in the instructions you provided. There is only a folder to drag and drop into my XP11\custom scenery folder. So I am not able to follow the instructions in the link you provided. Is this airport supposed to have an automatic installer. The Washington XP scenery I purchased had an executable that provided me the option to install with or without static aircraft and ortho scenery. This version of New York City XP did not have that.
jfwharton
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jfwharton »

Also that link does not provide instructions on how to remove the ortho scenery. Is there an automated installer available for this scenery?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

First of all there is a manual which provides instructions (in 3 languages). The post I've given you the link to has links to those manuals in the 3rd line. But you also have them in the Documents folder of the product.
Secondly - yes, but the automatic installer is for Windows only (with options to remove the orthophoto). Same as in Washington XP.
Thirdly - for Mac/Linux the install method is manual but provides the same functionality as the automatic installer (you can remove static aircraft and orthophoto). Same as in Washington XP.
jfwharton
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jfwharton »

Thank you for the reply. I am running windows but there was no windows installer to download for this scenery from the x-plane.org store. Just a zip file. For Washington XP there was an exe file. The instructions for MAC Linux say to "open the X-Plane\Custom Scenery\[OurProductName]\INSTALLER\[custom feature name] folder and copy all folders located inside into X-Plane\Custom Scenery" There is no such folder X-Plane\Custom Scenery\[OurProductName]\INSTALLER\[custom feature name] in the file I downloaded. The instructions do not work for windows.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

OK, let me check this with the vendor.
Please send your order details via e-mail.
jfwharton
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jfwharton »

Thank you. Should I send the information to the following email address? [...]
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes please.
Daskal
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by Daskal »

I'm aware that the rendering of the Robert F Kennedy Bridge and the Hell Gate Bridge have already been reported. But in addition to those two, both the Whitestone and Throgs Neck were rendered as elevated streets when in fact they, like the RFK bridge, major suspension bridges connecting the borough of Queens with the borough of the Bronx. I was extremely surprised that the Hell Gate was rendered as an elevated rail line that ended into some kind of abyss right after crossing into Queens. I'm surprised because this bridge is renowned in it's unique architecture so much so that the people of Sydney decided to copy the exact design for their Sydney Harbour Bridge. That's the bridge that you see in the background from photos taken at the Sydney Opera House. With these structures in their current state I would have to say that flying in and out of KLGA leaves something to be desired.

I bought this scenery pack when it was on sale at XPlane.org. Discounted, as it was, I feel I got my money's worth as the area of Manhattan and the lower East River bridges are well represented. And the GWB across the Hudson as well. However I think the outer boroughs of NYC got short-changed somewhat and therefore I could not recommend paying full price as the product is advertised as New York City.
dpyro
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: JeffD

Post by dpyro »

Capture.PNG
I will get either of these messages after I download files and try to unzip
Compressed (zipped)folder is empty
DD_NY_Ciy_XP.zip is invalid
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Where have you downloaded the file from and what is the size of the ZIP? Did you try redownloading it?