Seattle City X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

CajunRon
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: CajunRon

Re: Seattle City X

Post by CajunRon »

I just purchased my first Drzewiecki Design scenery and I'm sad to say I'm disappointed. I purchased Seattle City X and now I have these immersion killing black spots on the approach to runaway 34. I've searched the forum and as I understand it the only solution is to purchase another product, Seattle Airports . This is not an acceptable solution because (1) it requires another signficant investment and (2) I already have the Taxi2Gate KSEA scenery and don't need another detailed KSEA airport scenery. The product description states that "It can also be used together with KSEA Seattle-Tacoma by Taxi2Gate." This is very misleading. I don't understand nor do I care about all of the technical mumbo jumble as to why this is happening. All I want is to buy a product that will give me a pleasant and immersive flying experience. Seattle Cities X does not.

Had I known that Seattle City X is effectively NOT compatible with Taxi2Gate I would not have purchased the product but was mislead by the words "can be used together". I'm hoping that this will be fixed soon but until then I will remove the Seattle City X scenery and probably not purchase any more Drzewiecki scenery until I see how they address this problem with their product.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

OK, thanks for your report.
Embraer.Lane
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Embraer

Post by Embraer.Lane »

As an owner of Seattle X and Seattle X Airports I have to say "WOW!!!!" Awesome addition to my Sim. Thanks. I do have to ask though if there is a chance that either of these could be preventing me installing the global update via fsaerodata to the navigational database using the AIRAC cycles Navigraph provides? Is Seattle X & Airports compatible with fsaerodata and navigraph?
Embraer.Lane
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Embraer

Post by Embraer.Lane »

Solved - Failure to update default gps waypoints and navigational aids via fsaerodat/navigraph. Using Lorby i lowered Seattle X in the priorities. https://www.fsaerodata.com/forum/viewto ... le+x#p1114

Thanks for some great products Drzewiecki Design. :-D
marknie
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Re: Seattle City X & GSX 2

Post by marknie »

Is there any way to use the new GSX 2 with the latest Seattle X ver on P3d v4? I had little trouble on most other sceneries, but see now way to do it on this one. The default sode jetways are ok, but I really like the new transparent ones from GSX 2, so that I can see the people boarding. It gives it a more immersive quality for me. Thanks in advance for any tips or help.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
We are not happy about customers changing anything in our products, including jetways, but anyway, in case of technical problems with GSX please contact GSX support.

Thanks Embraer!
retnavycpo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Chief

Post by retnavycpo »

I have the latest SODE version installed, yet the menu for it states there are no objects within 6 nm? What am I doing wrong? The gateways in Seattle X are supposed to work with SODE, aren't they? Pete
retnavycpo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by retnavycpo »

Need to add that the documentation for Seattle X states that SODE is required for animations in this scenery. So if gateways are not part of it...what are the animations? Pete
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, are you using Shift+D to activate SODE in our sceneries?
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
retnavycpo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by retnavycpo »

Tried that. Not working. Pete
marknie
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by marknie »

Your customers pay your bills! They should be supported no matter what! even if they want other add ons. I think it is very un friendly to not supporting them in getting what they want. I also think its very selfishing and egotistical to not let them do what they want to what they bought. Its theirs. They are not reselling or rebranding it. GSX sends me to you and you send me to them. Very bad state of affairs. I think I will go back to taxi to gate. At least I can change the gateways.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I am afraid to say that my opinion on this matter is totally different. Here is an example sent by one of our customers:

That is exactly why we are fully opposed to interference into our work by other 3rd party companies (and to encouraging customers to do this interference by themselves). First of all those jetways have nothing to do with the real ones, secondly ground marking are completely wrong and thirdly the performance of the scenery changes as well. If someone wants different jetways of other parts of a scenery, please develop the whole scenery from scratch, not just one element. Basically what you see on the screenshot is not our product anymore. Moreover we are not responsible for any problems such interferences might cause in any types of our product's performance and look. With any issues regarding GSX operations please contact GSX authors. We are unable to provide support for 2 companies. We are open to make our products become compatible with more addons but not on the cost of the realism/performance of our products.

Moreover I find your comments rather rude and abusive. Please read our regulations: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... p?f=1&t=13
marknie wrote:I also think its very selfishing and egotistical to not let them [customers /SD] do what they want to what they bought. Its theirs.
I am afraid this is a totally wrong interpretation of the product's license. Same when you buy a car. Yes, you can sell it but you absolutely can not do anything you want with it, you are abide by rules (driving law, civil law etc.). In software products such rules are called "license agreement" and should be read by anyone using such software. Just FYI (before you go too far with what you want to say as the path is wrong).
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

retnavycpo wrote: Saturday 15 Dec 2018, 00:15 Tried that. Not working. Pete
Hi Pete, are we talking about Seattle Airports X? Because we are in the thread of Seattle City X.

Please let me know which sim are you using, which SODE version do you have installed and which version of our scenery do you have.

Can you show me the screenshot of menu, which appear after pressing Shift+D

Can you also let me know if SODE is working at the other airports and doesn't work with our package? Have you tried to reinstall our scenery + SODE with the admin rights?
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
marknie
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by marknie »

I dont agree with your twisted logic. If I want to buy a better spark plug for my car that has improvements over the original I will. Rules were made to be broken so that the world can grow.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

marknie wrote: Monday 17 Dec 2018, 00:41 If I want to buy a better spark plug for my car that has improvements over the original I will.
Wrong scale. Obviously you can do some DIY but you will simply loose the car's manufacturer warranty and also your DIY can loose car's certification (road approval) beside introducing some security issues.
marknie wrote: Monday 17 Dec 2018, 00:41 Rules were made to be broken.
I cannot agree with this kind of behaviour/ideas hence I am introducing a 2-week ban for violation of Section 3 of Forum Regulations.
Besides I believe you have no technical problems with our products and this forum is designed for technical support.