Chicago Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

chrischiozza
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: cchiozza

Re: Chicago Airports X - Live Traffic

Post by chrischiozza »

When I load up chicago airports and UT Live I see AI traffic on the map but they dont appear on at the airport. Do I have to remove static aircraft that are part of the scenery? Or anything else I need to do?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago Airports X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Removing statics has nothing to do with AI traffic. It's really hard to say, because AI traffic should be visible on our sceneries. Which sim are we talking about? At all airports from the package you don't see any traffic? Whst about default AI traffic?
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
mbell
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by mbell »

Aircraft do not cast shadows on the runways ramps and taxiways. Only the grass
Flic1
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Flic1

Post by Flic1 »

Hi guys - I have the latest 1.1b and noticed the jetways at KMDW are not touching the terminal. Another person reported this also a few pages back with a picture but I have not seen a resolution. Just wanted to report the same issue..thanks!
Flic1
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Flic1 »

chrischiozza wrote: Wednesday 05 Jun 2019, 14:29 When I load up chicago airports and UT Live I see AI traffic on the map but they dont appear on at the airport. Do I have to remove static aircraft that are part of the scenery? Or anything else I need to do?
That is an odd one as I am also using UTLive and both KORD and KMDW are filled up.
speedbird144
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by speedbird144 »

"Guys,
KORD layout is the "ORD21" confirmed layout, including the new runway. It is currently being constructed at the real airport. Our diagram shows exactly how airport taxiways are named in our version and where are they located. If you prefer to use the current layout, you can simply not use the new runway. Most changes are done to the NW hangar area and some to the NE cargo area. The center area looks almost exactly as it does now at the real airport."

Since I pay my $$ for your products I have a right to ask. Why such future additions like future runways, taxiways etc. could not be done as an option for a user? I wish I had an option during installation to install non existent Rwy or not? This can be very confusing while flying online to cross check real charts with current airports design. This is the only thing which is holding me from purchasing KORD.
Thanks
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This was the idea of this project from the very beggining and you have the right to ask even without paying for products (in my opinion). We like to show our customers how particular airports will look in the near future and our layouts or terminal changes are based on officially confirmed/approved sources only (like governmentally approved master plans and architectural plans). Also we implement only those changes which already started to happen (when a construction has been started).

On the other hand, you might also ask why some people develop/use airports that were closed more than a decade ago (f/e Meigs Field, Kai-Tak etc.).
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Flic1 wrote: Friday 07 Jun 2019, 03:10 That is an odd one as I am also using UTLive and both KORD and KMDW are filled up
Thanks for confirming this.
mbell wrote: Thursday 06 Jun 2019, 21:33 Aircraft do not cast shadows on the runways ramps and taxiways. Only the grass
Which sim? Are you missing shadows at all or in the specific places? If so, can you give us more details or show such places via screenshot?
Flic1 wrote: Friday 07 Jun 2019, 03:07 jetways at KMDW are not touching the terminal.
You mean this post right? Is it looking the same? Are you able to move your jetways? Have you tried to reinstall both SODE and the scenery with admin rights?
I just got the 1.1 update and noticed some jetways in MDW don't touch the terminal.
Forgive me if this was brought up before

Do you have in the scenery folder the following files? KMDW_JWStat_PLC.bgl
KPWK_Lights.bgl which size should be 13MB
Flic1
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Flic1 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 07 Jun 2019, 06:24 You mean this post right? Is it looking the same? Are you able to move your jetways? Have you tried to reinstall both SODE and the scenery with admin rights?
Hi Martin - Yes, the jetways work normally and do move they just are not attached to the terminal. I did try to reinstall the airports with Admin rights again and also reinstalled SODE but that did not fix the problem.
I do have KMDW_JWStat_PLC.bgl in the scenery folder as well.

Thanks..
flightjunkie
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: flightjunkie

Post by flightjunkie »

Asking this one again since it may have gotten lost in the shuffle. Thanks for all your great efforts DD!

Will you be fixing the L gates to be accurately labeled?

Should be L20, L21, L22, L23, L24 and not L12, L13, L14, L15, L16.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Flic1 wrote: Friday 07 Jun 2019, 13:52 I do have KMDW_JWStat_PLC.bgl in the scenery folder as well.
Can you please show me the screenshot showing both MDW_JWStat_PLC.bgl and KPWK_Lights.bgl including their size?
flightjunkie wrote: Friday 07 Jun 2019, 16:52 Will you be fixing the L gates to be accurately labeled?
Let us check this please.
Flic1
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Flic1 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 07 Jun 2019, 17:10 Can you please show me the screenshot showing both MDW_JWStat_PLC.bgl and KPWK_Lights.bgl including their size?
Martin - Each of those files is showing 1 KB...but I don't have KPWK installed, only KMDW and KORD. I am not sure if the KPWK file would be valid in this case? Thnx..
falcon99
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: George

Can't dock jetway

Post by falcon99 »

In 1.1 still can't get jetway to dock PMDG 74-8 at gate K12. Getting sode error door to high.

Can't Dock PMDG 748 gate K12.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

George, please send us the aircraft.cfg file of that aircraft so we could examine exact hights.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Flic1 wrote: Friday 07 Jun 2019, 17:34 Each of those files is showing 1 KB...but I don't have KPWK installed
Can you please install KPWK and let me know if this problem with jetways in KMDW is solved? It's possible that we need to do one small modification in our installer in the next update.