Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Jerrymc3
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Jerry

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by Jerrymc3 »

Seattle X is in the P3Dv4 Add-ons menu but not in the Scenery menu. When I opened P3DV4 Addon Organizer I got the error message in the pic. I can't find an uninstall for Seattle X or Seattle Airports X. I moved the Seattle X folder, deleted the Seattle X addon xml and restarted P3D. The duplicate jetways are still there. Apparently the problem is elsewhere.
Seattle X Error.jpg
Is this Drzewiecki's Seattle Airport or P3D default?
Seattle X.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerrymc3
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Jerrymc3 »

I don't have any other KSEA addon scenery. I know Taxi2Gate makes one but I haven't purchased it. These must be default jetways and Sode jetways but shouldn't Seattle Airports X exclude the default scenery when it is installed?

Jerry
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

To uninstall our scenery you only need to remove the "scenery" folder from the following location: ...\Users\"username"\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and remove the respective "scenery" folder from the "Addon scenery" folder.
Jerrymc3 wrote: Tuesday 01 Oct 2019, 23:32 When I opened P3DV4 Addon Organizer I got the error message in the pic.
Have you had the same message before "moved the Seattle X folder, deleted the Seattle X addon xml"?
Jerrymc3 wrote: Wednesday 02 Oct 2019, 00:16 shouldn't Seattle Airports X exclude the default scenery

It should and it works without any problems in case of our other customers. This is very specific to your configuration or P3D install and I'm stll trying to understand where the problem is.

Can you put the screenshot of your KSEA after reinstalling our scenery with admin rights?
Have you ever had our demo?
Have you checked the SODE folder to mabe find any duplicated files or something which may be suspicious?
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
Jerrymc3
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Jerrymc3 »

I deleted Seattle Scenery X and Seattle Airports X and then reinstalled. Everything seems to be fine now. Apparently it was the default airport with SODE jetways added and no exclude file that I was seeing. I guess Lockeed Martin put a little extra into the KSEA airport which fooled me but it definitely wasn't up to Drzewiecki standards. Thanks for your help.

Jerry
Dazza74
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Darren

Post by Dazza74 »

Hello All,
I'm new to this forum. I recently installed Seattle Airports X in P3DV4; however I'm not getting any static aircraft displayed. I reinstalled it and double checked the static aircraft tick box is enabled yet still not seeing anything. My AI traffic sliders is currently set to zero. I even put it up to 20% and still nothing. Any help will be appreciated.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Please try running the installer with admin rights enabled.
Dazza74
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Dazza74 »

Hi,
Did as you suggested. Even turned off AVG firewall. Getting aircraft shadows now.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

As far as I understand, now you see only shadows without static planes, right? Or is it working now?

If you do not see them, please let us know at which airport and how does it look like in case of other airports from the package?

Have you tried to remove the scenery folder from Addon Scenery and try to run the installer again with admin rights? (of course with mark option "Include static aircraft" in case of each airport).

Additionally please send us the following files:

MyDocuments\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\[name of the product]\information.cfg
C:\Users\W7\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-on.cfg
Dazza74
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Dazza74 »

Hi Martin,
Sorry for the late response. Just got home from work. I did as you suggested: "removed the scenery folder from Addon Scenery and run the installer again with admin rights with mark option "Include static aircraft" in case of each airport. I now have static aircraft at all airports except for KPAE. KPAE is displaying ground shadows only without static planes. Your help is appreciated. regards Darren.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Very strange, because so far some users reported that there are too many static planes with enabled option. You have v1.3 right? Let me check it in my simulator tomorrow.

Some time ago we identified a small problem with our installer, but it caused the problem with remaining shadows with unmarked option "static planes" option - in such situation it's necessary to de-activate / remove the file KPAE_StaSha.bgl which should remove the static shadows. But no-one reported that there are no static planes if such option was enabled during the installation process.
Dazza74
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Dazza74 »

Yes version 1.3 in conjunction with Seattle X demo. Thanks for your help.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Dazza74 wrote: Wednesday 09 Oct 2019, 08:39 1.3 in conjunction with Seattle X demo
My presumption is that you installed Seattle X Demo with mark options for the airports:

pic upload

Without demo or with unmarked "Install KPAE Paine Field" during the demo install, everything looks fine:

pic upload

pic upload
Dazza74
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Dazza74 »

Hi, I have done as you have suggested and there is still no change to KPAE. Still ground shadows.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Ok, so let's try again:

-> please remove both Seattle X and Seattle X Demo folders from the folder [...]/Prepar3d/Addon Scenery
-> please install Seattle Airports X with admin rights with all options that are set in a default mode
-> please install Seattle X Demo with admin rights with marked "Install Seattle City Downtown" only

It should work in the same way as I had have today morning - otherwise it doesn't make sense...
If it's still not working, please provide me with the screenshot of all your files included in Seattle X folder (it can be sent to marcin@drzewiecki-design.net - then I probably provide you with the missing file responsible for static planes
StoogeUK
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Stewart

Post by StoogeUK »

Hello

i purchased DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - SEATTLE AIRPORTS X FOR FSX P3D last night and installed

i have an issue where i have elevation issues - I do not own orbx vector so cannot use the AEC tool as i do not own this product

Please can you help