Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi Stewart, can you please let me know which sim are we talking ?
You installed v1.3 with admin rights, right?
Do you have it in KPAE only?
What other addons do you have? Any mesh addon or UTX?
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
StoogeUK
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Stewart

Post by StoogeUK »

Apologies meant to put all that information

Yes i am on P3D 4.5 with latest hotfix
I installed with admin rights as well as UAC off as well as the firewall off
I have ORBX Global and ORBX NA LC

i do not have UTX or any other mesh
StoogeUK
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by StoogeUK »

EDIT - forgot to add i do not get it at any of the other airports only KPAE where the issue is which is strange
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

If you deactivate ORBX NA LC, do you see any difference? Maybe it's worth checking the respective thread on Orbx forum reffering to the compatibility issues with FTX NA.

What files do you have in .../Scenery/World/Scenery referring to KPAE?

In the past there were some suggestion from Stanislaw regarding this issue that were related to ORBX:
-----
Mesh problems at KSEA/KPAE
Please check if this fixes the problem in your case:

File: 4_mesh_multiLOD4-12_FTX-PNW_WA-S_v6.bgl - change to *.off

File: cvx_FTX_PNW_water_US_N47-48_summer.BGL
Move from: FS Folder\Addon Scenery\Seattle X\Scenery
Move to: FS Folder\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX\scenery (overwrite)
-----

As far as I remember there was also suggestion to deactivate the file: "0_cvx_PNW_KPAE_lake_excludes.BGL" from the scenery folder, which solved the elevation problems for some users.
StoogeUK
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by StoogeUK »

hi thanks for reply

What files do you have in .../Scenery/World/Scenery referring to KPAE?: I only have this file Image

in terms to the other help you offered

1) i do not have any folder relating to FS Folder\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW07_MESH\scenery. When i go into D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_NA i only have something called FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX i dont have anything relating to mesh and nothing with that filepath

2) i do not have the file cvx_FTX_PNW_water_US_N47-48_summer.BGL located in D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon Scenery\Seattle X\Scenery for me to move. This file is already in D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX\scenery

I have also deactivated the file 0_cvx_PNW_KPAE_lake_excludes.BGL but this has not sorted any elevation issue

appreciate any further help
StoogeUK
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by StoogeUK »

EDIT - i dont have this file 4_mesh_multiLOD4-12_FTX-PNW_WA-S_v6.bgl - change to *.off located in my Sim folder
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Ok, thanks for checking. I'd like to identify the source of problem, so have you tried to deactivate ORBX NA only to see if it makes any difference? If it's ok without it, we will find the compatibility issue.

You may also try to check if you have this file in your sim ...Scenery\World\Scenery\0101\cvx1515.bgl. If so, just rename it to something like cvx1515.OFFbgl and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't work, please activate this file and try to check if deactivation of the file "Snohomish Co KPAE_ARP.BGL" from the \scenery\world\scenery makes any difference in your sim.
StoogeUK
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by StoogeUK »

Hi Martin

i do not have the Scenery\World\Scenery\0101\cvx1515.bgl file to deactivate it is not listed at all. I do not have the \0101 folder at all inside of the other folders

i have deactivated the Snohomish Co KPAE_ARP.BGL file but this made no change to the elevation issue at all.

i have deactivated NA LC and no change what so ever i am at a total loss

hope you are able to help
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Ok, what other addons are you using? Have you maybe tried to find any files relating to KPAE, which may not be assigned to our scenery? Maybe duplicated afcad or something?

Please confirm that you do not have these files in our scenery folder.

0_cvx_PNW_KPAE_lake_excludes.BGL
cvx_FTX_PNW_water_US_N47-48_summer.BGL
StoogeUK
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by StoogeUK »

hi martin

thanks for help - i can confirm i do not have any other files relating to KPAE
Also i do have the 0_cvx_PNW_KPAE_lake_excludes.BGL in your scenery addon folder but i do not have the cvx_FTX_PNW_water_US_N47-48_summer.BGLin your addon folder - this file i have but is located in D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX\scenery
StoogeUK
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by StoogeUK »

EDIT1 - i have found 2 files with identical filename Snohomish Co KPAE.bgl

one of these are located in your scenery folder and the other is found in scenery world scenery folder
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

StoogeUK wrote: Friday 11 Oct 2019, 20:07 0_cvx_PNW_KPAE_lake_excludes.BGL in your scenery addon folder but i do not have the cvx_FTX_PNW_water_US_N47-48_summer.BGLin your addon folder - this file i have but is located in D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX\scenery
So, do you have FTX PNW by ORBX right? It's rather small chance but can you check what happens if you deactivate them one by one? Can you confirm that Seattle Airports has a higher priority than FTX in your sim?

BTW: have you ever installed our demo of Seattle X in your sim or you maybe still have it for the city?
StoogeUK wrote: Friday 11 Oct 2019, 20:12 i have found 2 files with identical filename Snohomish Co KPAE.bgl
Our installer install it in both locations indeed. I need to consult this with my colleague responsible for mesh in this addon. On the other hand - in my sim everything is ok witth all these files, so it has to be something that interfere with our addon. BTW: this problem occurs always or for example during landing only?
StoogeUK wrote: Friday 11 Oct 2019, 18:32 i do not have the Scenery\World\Scenery\0101\cvx1515.bgl file to deactivate it is not listed at all
It gave you the wrong path - I meant this location: ...\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0101\scenery
Maybe it's worth try but please do all this trials suggested by me step by step - not all at the same time :)
StoogeUK
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by StoogeUK »

Hi Martin

I do not own FTX PNW and never have done. I did have the demo from your site a few months ago. In regards to your question about Can you confirm that Seattle Airports has a higher priority than FTX in your sim? i do not have any airport listed except Seattle X which i have shown a screenshot of my scenery library - the priority for Seattle X is number 26.

i have deactivated the file cvx1515.bgl and still no change

ive tried doing single steps at a time but still having elevation issue
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you try to put Seattle at the top? It should be possible to do via FTX Central for example. I'd like to see if there is any difference.

If our taxiways are over the terrain, it means that there is no ARP file in scenery/world/scenery but as far as you said, the one is there.

The other option that can be considered - other AFCAD with KPAE. Have you ever had any other KPAE scenery or maybe you have any traffic addon? (such software has its own AFCADs very often).

Eventually other "bulk file" having the airports nearby located - the only possible option, that comes to my mind, can be FTX by ORBX. Sorry but there is nothing else to do :(
Mesh is included in CVX_KSEA file, but removing it means that all buildings in the vicinity will be levitating.
StoogeUK
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by StoogeUK »

H i martin

apologies for not replying sooner - sick child stopped any sim time

I tried everything nothing worked so bit bullet and purchased orbx vector and all sorted now using the aec tool