Chicago Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Chicago Airports X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Working on the language - there seem to be some sort of a bug.
Nevertheless, I did not understand what the problem is either.
Phillip wrote: Thursday 05 Dec 2019, 19:03 My problem is that that after confirming the route in my P3Dv4.5 PMDG 777 FMC, KORD to XXXX don't show up!
So: who did you confirm the route to? Or where did you confirm it?
The route is to XXXX? I don't think such airport exists.
What is it that doesn't show up - KORD, XXXX, the route, the 777 FMC or something else?
Phillip wrote: Thursday 05 Dec 2019, 19:03 lots of pages here in the forum
This is why there are lots of pages on the forum. We need to get deeper to the cause of a problem and usually, it requires us to ask a few more questions.

[we have set your language to English; if you wish you can change that in the profile settings]
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you clarify what you mean here?
Phillip wrote: Friday 06 Dec 2019, 00:20 Somehow data from the airport can't be implemented into the FMC
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, but what data? Data in FMCs is usually fed from an AIRAC.
Phillip
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Phillip »

So: who did you confirm the route to? Or where did you confirm it?
The route is to XXXX? I don't think such airport exists.
What is it that doesn't show up - KORD, XXXX, the route, the 777 FMC or something else?
Dear DD Stanislaw

I simply used the "XXXX" phrase to indicate that ALL ICAO route destinations with departure from KORD will not not show up in the P3Dv4.5 PMDG 777 FMC ROUTE.
An example would be this route: KORD - KDEN.
Currently I have the very latest AIRAC.
Before with my previous FSDreamteam KORD version I didn't have this issue.

It's really a strange issue here - especially considering any of your work that has always been in highest level of perfectionism.
For that reason, I myself, find it most unlikely that this issue would be caused by your version of KORD. However, I'm just asking you if you perhaps would know of any other incident similar to this issue?

Cheers,
Morten
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Phillip wrote: Saturday 07 Dec 2019, 21:55 ALL ICAO route destinations with departure from KORD will not not show up in the P3Dv4.5 PMDG 777 FMC ROUTE.
Ok, thank you, this is more clear now, however I really cannot come up with an idea how our KORD would impact what is being shown in the PMDG's FMC, simply because (please correct me if I am wrong), as far I know, PMDG's FMC gets its data from AIRAC only, not from a scenery - especially the data about fixes, SIDs, STARs and navaids. I will surely let you know if we find any solution to this however right now it is hard for me to imagine what might actually be potentially impacting what PMDG FMC displays. Sorry for that, we will think about it though.
Phillip
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Phillip »

Hmmm...now I tried the same route but the other way around, that is from KDEN - KORD
The route will now be recognized in the FMC and confirmed - However on approach to KORD ATC radio dies and no ILS signals show up!

Have I perhaps missed an update?
Just bought your airport, Chicago_Airports_X_v1.2.
Some xlm mess perhaps?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Phillip wrote: Wednesday 11 Dec 2019, 17:06 on approach to KORD ATC radio dies and no ILS signals show up!
Should I understand that you were not able to catch ILS in KORD or there was no instructions from default ATC? Which runway? And what does it mean that ATC radio dies? You need to describe it in details because we still are not sure what symptoms are you talking about and how our scenery can create them.
Phillip wrote: Wednesday 11 Dec 2019, 17:06 Chicago_Airports_X_v1.2.
v1.2 is the last one.
Phillip
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Phillip »

Never mind, my friend...
Try and do a reinstall.....
See what happens then...:)
airbadger
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Alex

Post by airbadger »

How do I get Chicago Airports X and FSDT's KORD to play nicely which each other? When I have Chicago Airports X active, these concrete texture blocks show up at intersections.

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Do you have any other issues, for example with elevation? Or only these squares?

Frankly speaking I do not remember that anyone else reported the similar issue. Do you have the city package as well or only airports?

Our scenery has the higher priority or the one from FSDT? I understand that during the installation process our KORD was deactivated?
airbadger
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Alex

Post by airbadger »

Do you have any other issues, for example with elevation? Or only these squares?

Frankly speaking I do not remember that anyone else reported the similar issue. Do you have the city package as well or only airports?

Our scenery has the higher priority or the one from FSDT? I understand that during the installation process our KORD was deactivated?
AFAIK, these squares and extra hold short bar is the only symptom. Something that's confusing me: Even after de-selecting KORD during installation, it still adds the files to the Chicago X scenery folder. Also, when I go into the scenery library, Chicago X is in priority #1. And since it's installed using the XML method, it doesn't let me move it up or down.

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

airbadger wrote: Monday 16 Dec 2019, 23:00 Even after de-selecting KORD during installation, it still adds the files to the Chicago X scenery folder.
Yes - indeed, but it still shouldn't be active. If you run the installer again and de-select all airports / options, the problem is removed? If so, can you be so kind and install other airports one by one and check which one makes a difference?

KORD by FSDT is not installed via XML? If it's being done via XML too, please try to uninstall and install it again. Then it should be put higher if I'm not mistaken. Maybe this will make a difference.
Phillip
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Phillip »

Never mind, my friend...
Try and do a reinstall.....
See what happens then...:)
Well, now did a reinstall - but the FMC ROUTE problem persists!!
However, I found that the this annoying problem as always is present at gate B16 and B17 (at least) in your airport - Whereas the problem is NOT present at gate C16 (at least). All these gates are dedicated to Heavy aircraft, including my PMDG Boeing 777-200!

So you definitely have a bug here!
Would be nice if you please could look into this mishmash.
Thanks.
Phillip
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Phillip »

I now found that gate C16 is actually not exclusively excluded for this bug!
So in other words, apparently the bug will turn up randomly in ANY gate from time to to time.

/Morten
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

sorry but we still have no idea how our scenery may generate a problem in FMC of PMDG plane.