Yup, its here,

E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KCGX\Scenery
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Chicago City X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

And our scenery is installed in E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon Scenery, right?

The Orbx_KCGX_PR_30cm.bgl file in E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KCGX\Scenery is responsible for the orthophoto of KCGX. Please make sure the file is there and active.
Mantock
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Mantock »

Yes that's correct,

I've checked and that file is actually turned off. Is it the Chicago X installer that deactivates that? I didn't turn it off and it is a fresh install.

https://ibb.co/52FcLr4

This is what I look like now. It all looks good! apart from the marina not being there in the water, I think that's another bgl that should be turned off I remember hearing?

There is still some texturing flickering on the runway but that might be an ORBX issue rather than you folks, so thankyou for your help!

Regards,
-Peter
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Negative, our installer does not touch that file. It must have been something else.
Here is the list of the files that are turned off when the KCGX-compatibility package is installed:
-- deactivate files
File.Rename(Meigs_path .. "\\Orbx_KCGX_LIB_th.BGL", Meigs_path .. "\\Orbx_KCGX_LIB_th.off"); -- deactivate Meigs files
File.Rename(Meigs_path .. "\\Orbx_KCGX_LIB_th_HW.BGL", Meigs_path .. "\\Orbx_KCGX_LIB_th_HW.off"); -- deactivate Meigs files
File.Rename(Meigs_path .. "\\Orbx_KCGX_PLC_city.bgl", Meigs_path .. "\\Orbx_KCGX_PLC_city.off"); -- deactivate Meigs files
File.Rename(Meigs_path .. "\\Orbx_KCGX_PLC_city_1.bgl", Meigs_path .. "\\Orbx_KCGX_PLC_city_1.off"); -- deactivate Meigs files
File.Rename(Meigs_path .. "\\Orbx_KCGX_PR_30cm_Vector.bgl", Meigs_path .. "\\Orbx_KCGX_PR_30cm_Vector.off"); -- deactivate Meigs files
File.Rename(Meigs_path .. "\\Orbx_KCGX_Meigs_PR_north_30cm.bgl", Meigs_path .. "\\Orbx_KCGX_Meigs_PR_north_30cm.off"); -- deactivate Meigs files
Mantock
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Mantock »

Huh, interesting. Well now I know its that file that does the job, and for some reason its being turned off by something, maybe it's something in the FTX Central configurator for KCGX.

Thanks for your help, I'll chat with ORBX to see if they know how to sort the runway texture flickering.

Regards,
-Peter
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

If you get any solution or fix to this issue, please share with us here - it may help other users in the future. Thanks in advance! :)
JJJackson
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jack

Post by JJJackson »

My ORBX Meigs is installed with ORBXCentral and added as an xml-addition in G:\ORBX NY\p3dv4\KCGX Merrill C. Meigs Field. Regardless of what path i add to the Chicago installer it says it is NOT a valid påath. Any solution.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. Can you post a screenshot of the error message please?
JJJackson
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jack

Post by JJJackson »

Sorry, problem solved. I only pointed to the Meigs library NOT the scenery library inside Meigs.

Jack
TroyK
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Troy

Post by TroyK »

I am experiencing some strange texture issues. Some roads are black from a distance then (sometimes) the textures will pop as I get closer. There are also a bunch of clustered buildings that look crumpled and distorted. Some clusters will pop and fix themselves as I get closer. This happens mostly in the southern side of Chicago. Many of the taller buildings have a strange texture to them until I get closer, then it pops into place.

I have FTX Global, FreeMeshX NA, and Meigs field installed. I also installed the light texture pack and ORBX compatibility when I installed Chicago City X.

Towards th bottom and the buildings to the right are distorted

Then when I approach

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling as admin, and installing without Meigs addon, and I get the same thing every time. Chicago City X is inserted at the top of the scenery library with ORBX libraries and Meigs Field below.

Thanks for your help
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, are we talking about P3D v4.5?

Can you check if there is any difference with inactive FreeMeshX? Or test it without ORBX? It could be worth checking which addon may interfere.

I do not remember the similar report, so it can be something specific to your sim or GPU. Have you tried to update your GPU drivers? Or maybe try to generate new shaders and prepar3d.cfg?

Sorry but we are flying blind and thus we need consider various options.
TroyK
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by TroyK »

Sorry, this is FSX:SE. My system is a Dell G7 with Intel i7-9750H with 16 GB RAM and NVIDIA RTX 2060 (6 GB) running on Windows 10 64-bit. My graphics driver is the latest version.

I started over from a fresh install and applied the DX10 Fixer, reconfigured for smooth operation, then installed Chicago. Same result as before. Buildings in the distance and certain ground textures look garbled or missing until I get close. Then, it pops into place.

I tried turning my display settings way down in case it was a load issue, but no effect. When I reduce the scenery complexity all the way down to very sparse, this is what I see.

The dark areas are pretty much where all the rendering issues occur. Even if I put the complexity setting to normal so the buildings appear, the same missing textures and garbled buildings occur.

I have the Highmem fix applied, and have tried BufferPools=0 and with other values, but there's no change. The scenery just doesn't look good until I am right on top of it.

Any other settings I can try? I've done about everything I can think of.

Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid it's being caused by DX10 Preview, which is not native model of FSX. It's not supported in our sceneries as well and we cannot take any responsibility for the way how fixer is dealing with our scenery.

By the way - during install which sim have you choosed? FSX or FSX Steam as your simulator? FSX Steam can be only choosed in case of Dual Mode - otherwise you need to mark Flight Simulator X.
TroyK
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by TroyK »

I tried disabling DX10 and there was no change. I chose the regular FSX option during install since I don't have a dual installation.

Strangely enough, I installed FSX:SE and Chicago on an older machine that I used to play on (3rd gen i7 and 2GB NVIDIA card) and tested it with the default settings. DX9, no tweaks or changes. Same problem of missing objects and distorted buildings.

Two different machines, same problem. I can't figure out what it is. I doubt I'm the first to have this issue, so hopefully someone along the way will find an answer.

In the meantime, suppose I will stick to helicopters and fly around the city that way. At least then the problem won't be much of an issue because I'll be right in the middle of the city.

I do love the night lighting. Looks really cool.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

A VAS issue perhaps? Have you tries installing it with the Lite Texture Pack as recommended?