Chicago City X

Latest version: v1.3 (2020)

TroyK
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Troy

Re: Chicago City X

Post by TroyK »

Yes, I installed with lite texture pack and also tried without it. Same thing. I also installed the demo version, and no change. I checked the VAS and FSX is using 2.4 GB.

One thing I did notice is that when I zoomed in, the buildings would pop into their correct shape and the custom road would appear. Zooming back out and they would revert back until I got closer. It seems to me that it isn't about distance, but more so about their size on the screen. Whether by zooming in or by getting closer, they don't look right until they reach a certain size.

I'm not familiar with scenery development to know, but why would the buildings look disfigured when rendered smaller, then pop into the right shape when larger? Does that give you any ideas?

Thank you for your ideas and help.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Seems like the LOD distance issue. I would suggest backing up your fsx.cfg and performing a test by removing the original one completely. Perhaps there are some buggy entries in that file.
didouairline
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: didier

Post by didouairline »

Dear support,
I just try to install the version 1.1 for Chicago city and I get the following error (see image attached).
I already contact "Sim market" support because I bought the product there and it could be a download error, but they sent me back to you...
could you please tell me what to do ?

My sim is P3D V4.5, operating system is Win10.
I answered "ignored" , and the installation has finished correctly. It seems to work fine but probably something is missing in the N-NE of the scenery ?
I try to download the product several times by different means (directly from browser or with "free download manger") but I get the same result each time

thank a lot for help
regards

Oups, sorry the attachement doesn't seem to be readable, it is written "CHI_FT_NNE.bgl decompression error, file CRC mismatch, data integrity error"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Didier.
Please try to redownload the installer from the store.
Issues with the download are the most often reasons for such errors.
Please let us know the result.
didouairline
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by didouairline »

Hello Stanislaw,
yes of course I think that it is a downloading problem, but I sent a message to Simmarket , who sent me back to you ...
Yes I tried to download several times from there site and there is always errors (not always the same file is corrupted, it changes all the time but it is never OK) :cry:
I resent a new mail today to simmarket (see hereafter)
I hope they will find a solution, otherwise what is your advise ?

thanks a lot for support
regards
Didier

second mail to simmarket:

Dear support ,
thank you for your answer but I am sorry to say that I have already contacted the support of the producer of the product and that he sent me back to you arguing that it was a downloading problem , not a problem with its package.
In fact , I have tried to download the product from your site several times and it is always wrongly downloaded, but différents errors appears, not always the same file is corrupted . and very often, the downloading is interrupted by your server due to connection problem.

Could you please have a look and tell me what to do ?
thanks
Didier Borie
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hey.
Well, a store is the only party responsible for the download. It would be quite silly if a store would blame developers for download problems... :| I can assure you that the actual installer file at the store is not corrupt but you might also check the stability of your internet connection. The file is quite large and sometimes it helps using some kind of a download manager which can pause and resume a download.

BTW, antivirus software can also block installers (f/e Avast does that sometimes).

Please let me know if you succeed with the install and if you don't then we will try to solve it in another way.
didouairline
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by didouairline »

hey Stanislaw,

I finally succeed to download the scenery by using another computer, perhaps my problem comes from browser, antivirus, firewall or some stuff like this.
I have installed the scene on the correct computer and it works fine, it is very nice and realistic
Thank you for your support and I apologize for the inconvenience
regards
Didier
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Great to hear that it's working for you finally. Happy flying!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Didier, thank you for the information!
drego22
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by drego22 »

Hello, I am sending this message due to Chicago City X is crashing P3D v4.5 due to some kind of SODE error. Has there been an update or anything to correct this horrible problem? If so, please let me know so that I may get this problem corrected. Thank you in advanced! Cheers!

Andre Chambers
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

drego22 wrote: Tuesday 28 Jan 2020, 18:36 is crashing P3D v4.5 due to some kind of SODE error.
Hello Andre! I do not remember any SODE issue relatng to Chicago City X.
It could be great to see what error is being indicated by SODE - otherwise it's hard to guess the cause of problem.
Let us know which version of Chicago City X are you using and which version of SODE is installed in your sim.
You may also generate the logs from SODE to check what can cause a problem - all details can be found in SODE user guide, which can be downloaded from here: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9
drego22
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by drego22 »

I have the latest Chicago X scenery, and Fsdreamteam KORD, and SODE is not working with KORD,, I sent a message to Fsdreamteam and explained to them what was going on and they said that it is a SODE issue with Chicago X. I don't have a clue what is going on.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sorry but you need to explain what is the issue and what has be exactly said by FSDT. On the other hand at the moment I cannot imagine how Chicago City X can cause a problem in the scenery created by the other developer. Next thing is that the problems with SODE should be also reported on the SODE forum because in fact it's not our addon. Have you tried to ask there?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

drego22 wrote: Friday 31 Jan 2020, 23:04 they said that it is a SODE issue with Chicago X
Drego22, whatever the issue is, to prove the involvement of our product in it you may simply uninstall our Chicago City X and test the KORD scenery without it.

You may also use http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodCHIads_X.htm which works 100% correctly.
drego22
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by drego22 »

I guess that is the next step, but the problem is the gates at KORD are not working, but they work fine on all the other add on airports. Also, when I try to restart coulatl, P3D crashes. Fsdreamteam wants to blame everyone else, but I told them that this problem didn't acur until after installing one of their updates