Washington XP

Latest version: v1.3 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Washington XP

Post by Martin_Starski »

We started implementing the SAM plugin in all our new sceneries and will consider its implementation as soon as any existing scenery is being updated to the new version.
photohumph
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: photohumph

Post by photohumph »

I bought your product from Just Flight.
The very, very brief manual and the item description refer to an automatic installer for windows but the only file in the download is a zip archive "Washington_XP_11.zip" and in it's its extracted sub folder titled "DD_Washington XP INSTALLER" there is only data files and no Installer files at all?

HELP - How do I install this product?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello! We always send two files to each store - exe file (automatic installer) and zip file (for manual installation). You need to ask Just Flight to provide you with the exe file if it's not available to download indeed.

On the other hand, you should be able to to install our scenery on the basis of zip file as well - please follow the manual procedure: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f05sscvyrwldw ... h.pdf?dl=0

You should see the following folders in your zip file:

photohumph
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by photohumph »

Just Flight do not have the .exe installer file !
photohumph
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by photohumph »

Why, Oh Why can't any of you developers have a stern chat with the nerds that write the manual. Do Not ever get a nerd to write a manual - they always assume other people are also technical like them!

Your link is for Mac & Linux, I do not have either So please get someone that can explain things clearly for the OS I am using ................
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

This manual can be used for Win as well.

I've already asked Just Flight if they can provide our exe installer to our users. In the meantime please send your order details via Email to marcin@drzewiecki-design.net
R5311
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: R5311

Post by R5311 »

Several jetbridges are totally missing from terminal A.
dca.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

photohumph wrote: Monday 02 Mar 2020, 14:31 Why can't any of you developers have a stern chat with the nerds that write the manual. Do Not ever get a nerd to write a manual - they always assume other people are also technical like them!
I welcome any suggestions regarding the manual. 8)
ckncruz
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Nathaniel

Post by ckncruz »

jonatasborges wrote: Thursday 05 Dec 2019, 19:20 Yes, the entire airport pavement seems to be behaving as dirt pavente, taxiways, ramp, and runways. This guy seemed to have his problem solved by this archive that was provided, but it looks like its not available anymore. Thank you for the attencion.

nmcgee wrote:
I am having an issue where the runways and taxiways at KDCA are rough. You can see the asphalt pavement but when you taxi, take off, or land, the aircraft bounces and is loud like when you land on a grass strip or you run off the runway.

I tried everything I can think of, re-arranging of the scenery_packs.ini file, and re-installing the Washington XP scenery (including complete removal and re-downloading the installer file).

Am I missing something?

Thanks team!
I acknowledge this error. Today-Tomorrow will be fixed!

[ Added: Sun Apr 02, 2017 15:50 ]
Fixed! Please confirm that!
For instal extract archive to Custom Scenery with replace!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQMlD ... sp=sharing

That worked! Beautiful scenery! Thanks so much! I love this scenery. So much hard work and detail went into the Washington DC area and no frame rate drops! 8)
Hi there, I also notice the airport doesn't have actual taxiways, I can see the dirt coming off from the wheels which it looks like it is taxiing on the grass. The google drive link for the fix is broken (Page not found) will you be able to send the fix for me? Thank you so much! This is one of my favorite sceneries.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Are you sure you have installed the last version of this scenery / package?
R5311
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: R5311

Post by R5311 »

Martin, are you asking me regarding my jetbridge issues or ckncruz?..
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

This question was to ckncruz indeed.

In your case - are they only missing in Terminal A? How have you installed the scenery - zip or exe? Have you tried to reinstall? Have you tried to play with sim settings to see if there is any difference? So far no-one reported the same issue.
rcastrig

Post by rcastrig »

Anyone else experience a lag/ stutter in FPS while shooting the river visual over Theodore Roosevelt Island? My specs are an i5-9400F, GTX1660,24GB RAM. I have also seen this happened on many different streams on YouTube. Getting sick of the headaches with these DD sceneries!
niftyguy239
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: niftyguy239

Post by niftyguy239 »

Purchased and downloaded your product today. I love the detail and almost everything works flawlessly. EXCEPT, the distance of my aircraft to the gate when spawning in. I've tested 737, A320, A321, and they all spawn like 15-20 ft from the gate, rendering the gate completely useless. Since I am not allowed to alter the airport to change the spawn locations. May I ask when the next update for this scenery is going to be dropping, which fixes this issue? It's been posted here before in 2018, but it has not been fixed. Feel kinda frustrated I paid $30.00 for an airport/scenery with no working gates because all of the aircraft sit too far away.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Let me check the status of this report.