Seattle Airports XP

Latest version: v1.2 (2020)

martinlest
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Re: Seattle Airports XP

Post by martinlest »

we need to prioritize our work and release new stuff before doing working on those compatibility fixes. But they will come eventually.
Great. Will keep an eye out then...
Torbin
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Ned_Torbin

Post by Torbin »

Hello,

Can you please consider putting the tower views (shift-5) of SEA, BFI, RNT and PAE just above the control tower? Hitting shift-5 places the camera view on the ground at the base of these towers (sometimes elsewhere). It's fun to watch landing replays from the tower! Thank you for your consideration.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks. Will see what we can do.
stavka
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: stavka

Post by stavka »

This improves the compatability, now no more flat buildings on KSEA

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/185 ... orts-tips/
rcastrig

Post by rcastrig »

I am having an issue at the airports where the runway textures are leaking through the cockpit. I have tried every single possible order of the scenery packs, even did a clean install of XPLANE. I have many other DD airports and this pack is the only issue this happens at? Please some help... this was an expensive product and I would greatly appreciate support. I also removed the Seattle Demo Area. Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

What do you mean by "leaking"? Outside of the cockpit it looks different? I do not remember any report like this...

Which version of XP11 are we talking about?
Manual install or automatic?
Last version of Seattle Airports XP - v1.1?
Please also attach your logs.txt and scenery_packs.ini here. (must be zip file).
stavka
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: stavka

Post by stavka »

Hi, infact i also have that issue before with win7, nvidia 1060, xp11 and last version of Seattle. and automatic install. Some lines of the runway marks goes through the cockpit as shadows lines.
idk if its a DD or LR issues. Now i not yet have opportunity to test it with vulkan.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

This seems to be XP bug - if object has bad mapping, XP draw glitches. I'm afraid this is not something that we can fix at the moment.
rcastrig

Post by rcastrig »

While I do understand it is a shame. The work you do is great, but there are always issues. The night lighting at the Chicago Airports is still yet to be fixed. This issue everyone has and will also not be fixed. While not a big deal, this is a pay ware product. I greatly respect the work this team does, but I wish the products were of higher quality/bug free. Thanks for the response
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

rcastrig - with all due respect - there are no "bug free" products, just as there are no bug-free computers or even bug-free airplanes.
What we can do is providing fixes when bugs are discovered and we do that regularly - but come on, textures leaking via cockpit panel seems to rather be the sim engine bug which should (and probably will) be fixed in X-Plane upcoming updates.
BernardoCasa
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Bernardo

Post by BernardoCasa »

Hello everyone. I installed both Seattle Airports and City and have a problem. I can start any flight from the Seattle area with no problems, however I can't arrive there. When I am approaching the Seattle area and the scenery starts loading the simulator runs out of memory and crashes, I made three flights with different aircrafts and all them crashed. As I can see I am out of VRAM. I have a Rtx2070 and 16gb of RAM. I can't afford a better gpu like a 1080ti, but I can afford some RAM modules. My question is: If I install more RAM and have 32gb in total, will my gpu use RAM as VRAM when I need more then 8gb of VRAM? I don't know if x-plane can do that.
My X-plane settings are: Visual Effects High. Textures High. Antialising 4xSSAA. Number of objects High. Reflctions Minimal. I use ortho4xp and HdMesh.
I can't lower my textures because the sim won't look good.
Please help.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, as far as I remember you wrote that the problem was caused by the 3rd party addon responsible for mesh. I do not want to tell you which specs can be better for XP and if they can make a significant change. I can only mention that we are not getting any reports about out of memory issues in XP11, so this has to be something very specific to your config and specs. Maybe you should try to reduce your settings - for example SSAA requires very high processing power. But it's only my presumption.
600N818
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Andre

Post by 600N818 »

I use Seattle Airport XP with Traffic Global and i have a problem with double aircrafts on KSEA. Only on KSEA. I looking in the Airport with WED.
The Problem is, that the gate can be used from the system but it have a static airplane. I found it only on KSEA. If i try to edit the airport at self, i have a problem the the orthophoto. Can i get a fix from you?
KSEA.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, we will be checking our XP sceneries in the upcoming months and will look on this issue too.

There was a following suggestion on this forum in the past - maybe in the meantime it will help:
I have found the solution to my double static aircraft problem. To fix it I went into world editor and changed all of the gates types at KSEA from Airline to None. the start locations at all of the other airports are set to none and that is why only KSEA has the double static aircraft problem.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

600N818 wrote: Sunday 10 May 2020, 13:42 that the gate can be used from the system but it have a static airplane
Can you confirm that you installed our scenery with statics and the gates are still active indeed? Have you installed via exe installer or manually?

Have you maybe used the function "parked aircraft" in x-plane settings? In such case it may add X-plane static aircrafts into the scenery.