DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Miami City X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Miami City X by Drzewiecki Design
More info at/Więcej na: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodMIA2012_X.htm

English and Polish discussion and support in this topic / Dyskusja po polsku i po angielsku w tym temacie.

ImageImageImage
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Demo is now available.
PingPong
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Miami Scenery Question

Post by PingPong »

Hello I have purchased the Miami 2012 scenery for FSX and it seems several downtown buildings lack night lighting, is this correct?

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5083 ... 205542.jpg
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Yes, this is how it should look like. Providing night lighting for all downtown buildings was not possible in this case as it would require an anormous amount of work never payed back, sorry. :wink: This is probably why non of the Aerosoft's US Cities have night lighting at all and the only scenery I know which does have it done perfectly is FlyTampa's Kai-Tak, but this is a different story. In our scenery you have night coverage for the whole ground, highest buildings in the downtown and all included airports. This is also what is shown on the screenshots of the product HERE and on Simmarket where you have purchased it.

On the other hand, if you find some night (not evening!) photos of Miami, commercial skyscrapers are not lit since nobody work there at night. Only the very top buildings are lit...
http://www.skysailcharters.com/images/nightlights.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3185/237 ... 265bd4.jpg
...and most of them have night textures in our scenery.

Since we are talking about some technical details, let me say a few personal thoughts about the project, which are nowhere mentioned. It is true that the city buildings part was bought from an American company with no guarantee of a possibility of converting all the scenery to use in any FS. Taking into concideration the number of the included 3D objects it was close to a miracle to "rescue" the project and make it compatible with GMAX and later with FS2004 and FSX. It required some bizzare actions and I would not do this again for sure :wink: . The worst thing was no sure if the whole project is going to be usable at all. The whole process took a few months and concidering the amount of work put into this project, I am satisfied with the final result very much, although I am sure some of customers will not like it or want 2x more buildings with 2x better framerates or 2x better ground resolution with 2x smaller installer file etc. Sure we care very much about our customers but we also need to think logically in terms of what is possible to produce and how much time would it take. FS is not a car simulator so there is no point trying to drive on the roads of the city. The project is designed for flying above it at the allowed altitudes and areas and this is when it will look realistic.

BTW FYI this scenery is not certified to use with Prepare3D yet.
738 Captain
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by 738 Captain »

I hope this is the correct topic to ask this. What are the recommended Display setting in FSX for the Miami City 2012 for FSX?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Actually there are no any special settings that would be recommended for our Miami X project... Are there any display problem that you have?
738 Captain
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by 738 Captain »

No, I don't have display problems, so far. I wanted to make sure that there weren't any settings to change.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

No, it should work with your default settings as the whole scenery is rather FPS friendly (as possible of course).
LERS
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by LERS »

Hello,
I find several missing textures on the scenery (have active the warning of missing textures on FSX);some of them cannot identify, others are static aircrafts (B717_3.bmp, B767). Please consider this fix on the next patch.

Cheers

Jose
Linus75
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Black boxes on terrain tiles

Post by Linus75 »

Hello, I just installed the Miami Scenery, and it looks very good! I live here in Miami and can tell you that it is very accurate and easy to fly referencing the real thing. Also the FPS is very decent considering the amoutn of detail I am seeing. Thank you very much.

I do have a problem with the scenery, and I imagine it must be something easy to solve. Some times I get this black square tiles appear on the ground when fling at low altitude. the stay for a couple of seconds and then the actual scenery does load up. It seems as if the file is not loading up in time(?) or something else. I experienced it with two different aircraft, in dusk light conditions.

Thank you for any feedback you may provide, if there is a patch that I should need (My manual says I have ver 1.1) or a setting I might be putting incorrectly.

Thank you.

Linus Osorio. "AceHawk75"
Miami, FL
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Linus.
Thank you for purchasing it too!
This problem is not referred to our scenery though - this is rather your hardware (texture loading time speed vs the speed you are flying at) or graphical settings (priority of loading objects, cash, RAM usage etc). There are lots of tips in the internet regarding making all ground photo sceneries work better, I would rather suggest you trying to search in that direction...
FlyAndFight
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by FlyAndFight »

Hello!

I also live in Miami and I must say that the scenery looks amazing, capturing Miami-Dade County quite well and accurately.

One big problem that I am finding is with the autogen of the trees. They are appearing in the middle of roads (with traffic moving through them) and in the middle of lakes and canals. Is there a way of cleaning this up? Not only would it make the scenery look much better but actually boost the frame rate if the trees were not appearing where they shouldn't be. (less autogen trees.)

Thanks again for your help!

Alexander
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Alexander.
I know, there are some places with this issues but taking into consideration the size of the whole area, we tried to do our best to clear all that autogen mistakes. It was probably not possible to correct them all since the area is so large :wink:
FlyAndFight
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by FlyAndFight »

Hello!

Yes, I understand. It definitely is quite a large area to model and you've done a very good job.

My thought was that the water areas and roads in FSX were automatic exclusions for trees.

Is there a tool that you can recommend that I could use to try to remove the trees myself?

Thanks again!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It was all hand placed unfortunately... There are some tool now that can do good automatic autogen but it actually depends on available source data for a region. FSX does not remove autogen from water areas since water areas are only, lets say, texture-made, if talking of photorealistic ground of course. You may try to use Autogen Annotator which is included in the FSX SDK and open the largest bgl in that scenery, which is the photoreal ground. I do actually agree with you, we sohuld make sort of a patch for that in the future...