I thought we were talking about KSEA?
MediumRareBaku
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: MediumRareBaku

Re: Seattle Airports XP

Post by MediumRareBaku »

We are. You said:
The problem is that there are virtually no mesh-editing tools for X-Plane.
I brought up the other airports to make the point that other developers are and have been producing other airport scenery that have custom meshes that blend in seamlessly with Orbx products while lacking whatever mesh editing tools X-Plane is lacking. As a potential customer, it confuses me that other developers are able to do this, but your post implies that you feel it is not possible, or that it may only be possible after testing this new tool you plan to use on EPKK.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

If we are talking about KSEA then mentioning other airport has no point as KSEA has a very specific mesh design. This could have been done with X-Plane default mesh making the airport almost unflyable, hence a custom mesh design has been created for that airport. As a confirmation of that fact - I assume that other airports from the package (Paine Field, Boeing Field) work correctly?

EPKK has the new technique already implemented and we are working closely with the author of the tool to make it as universal as possible, perhaps fixing most mesh-related X-Plane problems in the future.

Or perhaps we are simply too stupid to do that correctly (this is also the possibility) :wink: .
tonnaro71
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Decio

Post by tonnaro71 »

Hello, about a few months ago I found the Seattle Airport product on offer on Simmarket and I gladly took it and I thank you then I decided to buy Seattle City at full price now in the list of my purchases it is gone and there is no trace there is only track in my bank payments how can I solve my problem? regards
Woogey
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Woogey »

Hello Stan,

In regards to the Seattle airports mesh issues, it has nothing to do with ORBX or any other addon. The mesh issue that we are having a problem with, is present in default X plane with only your Seattle airport installed. Most noticeably around KBFI and KRNT. This is not something that other developers need to work around. I am guessing that the issue is mostly is likely excludes or Flattens added. Or something in the way your airport mesh is laid out. It is not present in your P3d version. My suggestion is possibly re-compiling without any kind of flatten for these airports in Xp. The default terrain is flat enough where we don’t have any issues, so we shouldn’t need to flatten from you guys, to flatten the runway that’s already flat. This is actually a really huge issue for locals like myself who know the terrain. Not only that but it makes for vertical roads, stretched weird terrain, valleys that aren’t supposed to be there, etc. I have had to uninstall the Seattle Airports in XP because of this ugly booger of terrain distortion. I was hoping that you guys would take a look at it sooner, but it’s been well over a year now. It’s really sad because the airports are amazing I love them in P3d.

-Preston
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

tonnaro71 wrote: Sunday 21 Jun 2020, 17:29 on Simmarket and I gladly took it and I thank you then I decided to buy Seattle City at full price now in the list of my purchases it is gone
Sorry, but you need to contact the store, from which you bought the scenery.
R5311
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: R5311

Post by R5311 »

Any update on an ortho4xp patch?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid we are not able to provide the compatibility with Ortho4XP at the moment.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

OrthXP gives you orthos+mesh.
Our products give you otrhos+mesh.

If you install OrthXP our custom mesh will not be visible. The only solution would be to compile the OrthoXP data including our custom mesh data.
simmybear
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Simon

Post by simmybear »

Ive bought this along with Seattle City, New Your city, Miami city and hicago city - When I go to run the .exe files i keep getting an 'unknown decompression error' on every single one and have to abort the instalation - i also have NY airports 1 and 2 and Chicago airports and they installed fine.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

SIMON
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi Simon, it looks like a corrupt download. Please try redownloading the installer again. It can be also done via other web browser or download manager. It might be that something is wrong with the files that you are downloading from your shop, but in such case you need to contact with your shop directly. We are fully sure that our installer files, which were sent to our vendors, work properly.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Simon, simply try downloading the file again.
You may also use any download manager if your connection is not stable. This often helps.
R5311
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by R5311 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Friday 21 Aug 2020, 19:05 OrthXP gives you orthos+mesh.
Our products give you otrhos+mesh.

If you install OrthXP our custom mesh will not be visible. The only solution would be to compile the OrthoXP data including our custom mesh data.
So your product includes its own ortho for the Seattle area? It doesn't seem to be visible for me.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Yes, we have our photoground, which can be choosed to install.
R5311
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by R5311 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 31 Mar 2021, 20:54 Yes, we have our photoground, which can be choosed to install.
I checked the box to install the photoground--I assumed this meant you have included the entire tile for the Seattle area, but I don't see any ortho for it after installing.

Does your photoground just mean you have included photo scenery for the airport itself?