Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

NickUK1
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Nick

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by NickUK1 »

Hi,

I have both Seattle Airports X and Seattle City X installed into P3DV5 version 5.0.24.34874 and dynamic lighting is not working. I ensured the dynamic lighting box was ticked at installation and it is enabled within the simulator. The scenery density, along with a lot of other sliders, is at maximum and the scenery layer number is higher than default scenery and Orbx stuff. I haven't moved the scenery from the original installation path although I have changed scenery entry from xml to scenery.cfg via Lorby Addon Manager. I have working dynamic lights at other installed airports, whether native to the scenery or via an inibuilds profile. I have adjusted numerous graphics settings, HDR on and off etc. but I just cannot get the dynamic lights working.

It may well be something simple but I just cannot identify what though!!

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Nick.
gruesen
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Mike

Post by gruesen »

Hi after installing Seattle Airports X my plane is sunken into the runway at KPAE. Everything is fine at King and KSEA. I use Orbx Global and Pacific Northwest. I have disabled the elevation adjustment file for KPAE.

ADE_FTX_PNW_KPAE_elevation_adjustment.off

Any suggestions? Thank you very much!

678.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

NickUK1 wrote: Saturday 20 Jun 2020, 22:05 and dynamic lighting is not working
Please confirm which version of scenery have you installed - when you run the installer the version number should be indicated.
I understand that you've tried to reinstall the scenery with admin rights.
Can you please check this post and copy all effects files: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... 469#p19908
If it doesn't help, please post the screenshot which will show us how does it look like.
gruesen wrote: Sunday 21 Jun 2020, 03:05 my plane is sunken into the runway at KPAE
We need some basic information to offer any support:

Which sim are we talking about?
Which scenery version have you installed?
Have you tried to reinstall the scenery with admin rights?
Do you have all airports installed? Which options have been marked during the installation process?
What other addons do you have that may have influence to this region? (despite ORBX Global and PNW)
Any mesh addon or UTX?
Can you confirm that our scenery entries are over ORBX (higher priority)?
NickUK1
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by NickUK1 »

Hi Martin,

Both installers are v1.4 and were run as admin - P3D executable changed from the start to run as administrator. 2 pictures attached, the one suffixed b has the nosewheel light switched on to demonstrate that dynamic lighting is working within P3D. I uninstalled city and airport and reinstalled airports only, but no change. The files in the linked thread already installed within P3D.

Cheers,

Nick.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Nick, can you confirm that you copied all effects files to your sim folder as I suggested above.

Can you confirm that at all Seattle airports DL is missing?
NickUK1
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by NickUK1 »

Hi Martin,

I have now copied the files and overwrote the existing and DL is now working.

Thank you for your help, very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Perfect - glad to hear :)
airbadger
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Alex

Post by airbadger »

Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 13 Jun 2020, 14:50
airbadger wrote: Saturday 13 Jun 2020, 12:37 In V5, default taxiway signs show up at SEA
You have doubled taxiway signs in DD KSEA, right?
Have you had any other KSEA in the past?
Which version of our scenery has been indicated by the installer?
Is our scenery on top of the scenery library?
Do you have any other addons for this region?
Have you tried to reinstall the scenery by running the installer with admin rights?
1. Yes, default taxiways signs are showing up.
2. No.
3. 1.4
4. I can't change it because it uses the xml add-on method, so no, it's not at the very top.
5. Yes
edit; no add-ons for other regions.

Looking forward to a fix...
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

It's very strange because we had such reports but they were related to use our scenery with KSEA by T2G.
A default one shouldn't be visible if our scenery is installed properly.

Can you show your Scenery Library entries please?
airbadger
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by airbadger »

Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 25 Jun 2020, 13:47 It's very strange because we had such reports but they were related to use our scenery with KSEA by T2G.

Here it is, though I fixed the issue by installing the compatibility file from iniBuilds: https://www.inibuilds.com/p3d-v5-scener ... lity-files
airbadger
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by airbadger »

airbadger wrote: Thursday 25 Jun 2020, 20:39
Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 25 Jun 2020, 13:47 It's very strange because we had such reports but they were related to use our scenery with KSEA by T2G.

Here it is, though I fixed the issue by installing the compatibility file from iniBuilds: https://www.inibuilds.com/p3d-v5-scener ... lity-files
Scratch that, this solution didn't really work, because now GSX is reading the exclude file instead of the AFCAD. Back to square one.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

As I mentioned - without any doubled AFCAD such problem doesn't exist, so something has to be specific to your sim/ addons.

It is always advisable to get the layering sequence of the scenery correct. All sceneries having airport taxiways, runways, aprons and buildings should be considered to be position on the top of scenery library. ORBX Central makes provision for this in the program settings and you will find it under the section that is named "Library Insertion Point". All ORBX products (maybe except of ORBX Library) should be positioned lower than the other addons, like our scenery. Maybe it will help.

Next option, which you may try, is to temporarily leave only Seattle Airports xlm as active one and check if the problem still exist. If it's not, it will clearly show you that the other addon is interfering to our addon. Then you may active them step by step to see which one is doing this.
airbadger
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by airbadger »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 01 Jul 2020, 08:39 As I mentioned - without any doubled AFCAD such problem doesn't exist, so something has to be specific to your sim/ addons.

It is always advisable to get the layering sequence of the scenery correct. All sceneries having airport taxiways, runways, aprons and buildings should be considered to be position on the top of scenery library. ORBX Central makes provision for this in the program settings and you will find it under the section that is named "Library Insertion Point". All ORBX products (maybe except of ORBX Library) should be positioned lower than the other addons, like our scenery. Maybe it will help.

Next option, which you may try, is to temporarily leave only Seattle Airports xlm as active one and check if the problem still exist. If it's not, it will clearly show you that the other addon is interfering to our addon. Then you may active them step by step to see which one is doing this.
I don't have any other scenery add-ons in this area. The taxi signs are there when I delete Seattle X, so I assume they're default. Orbx is at the bottom, where it's supposed to be.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Let me check this in my simulator again.

BTW: Do you have any AI Traffic Addon?
airbadger
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by airbadger »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 01 Jul 2020, 21:49 Let me check this in my simulator again.

BTW: Do you have any AI Traffic Addon?
I use AIG