Washington X

Latest version: v1.5 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Washington X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Anyway thanks for your report - we will remember about in case of the next updates.
maxim6194
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: maxim6194

Post by maxim6194 »

I really enjoy your hard work and am very grateful for the free demos.

I am running the demo of this in FSX (Not SE, no acceleration), and am not seeing any approaches listed in the GPS for DCA.
I've tried uninstalling and re-installing. What am I doing wrong?

https://imgur.com/a/DIMbqhW
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Do you mean FSX default GPS?

As far as I know, the default GPS uses navdata only found in the FSX scenery, and knows nothing of the latest navaids and routing unless updated to match. Maybe you can try to update it via this tool: https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html
maxim6194
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by maxim6194 »

Yes, the default GPS.

I tried the update tool with no luck. So next troubleshooting, i turned off the Washington X scenery in my library and loaded up my flight.

Now all the Approaches show up, so it seems like there is something with the scenery area causing the conflict?
https://imgur.com/a/VWclw7q
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

You may try to check the attached AFCAD and let me know if it solves a problem.

Please unzip the attached file and copy it to the following location: ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Washington X\Scenery
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maxim6194
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by maxim6194 »

The new AFCAD fixed it, thank you!
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

You may try to check the attached AFCAD and let me know if it solves a problem.

Please unzip the attached file and copy it to the following location: ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Washington X\Scenery
Attachments
Ronald Reagan Washington Natl KDCA.zip
(12.87 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Does apply this AFCAD for the new Installer version 1.5?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Yes, it should work fine but it's always worth making the back up of replacing files.
ABR
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Adrian

Re: Washington X Problem with GSX

Post by ABR »

Hello,
I read the reply concerning GSX but for me, it doesn't really provide answers.
So the situation is, that for some reason, GSX is not able to index the jetways at KDCA and therefore doesn't recognize them. I don't understand why, e.g. at your KEWR airport or Baku or Warsaw, this works perfectly. Also at KDCA SODE doesn't recognize AI Aircraft and connects the jetways. At KEWR, this works at least in some positions. But interestingly, the Jetways show up and can be managed with Shift+D for your own aircraft

I tried the alternative KDCA.sdx file, but no difference for me. I assume the KDCA.sdx File needs to be fixed?

One question concerning the "Cartanya Workaround". If I use that, the SODE-File needs to be deactivated. But you wrote earlier that this files also controls other effects like seasons. So if I use the GSX-File by Cartanya, this effect are not working, right?

Best regards
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Adrian, everything should work fine with the Cartayna config, however, if this is not the case, please contact the Cartayna team directly as they have all our source files and are able to fix anything! :)
Mjfoss17
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Mike

Post by Mjfoss17 »

I recently had to re-install all of my DD scenery due to an issue with updating P3D. During the reinstall of all the DD sceneries I own, I received an error message with each one stating that it could not create the \Add-on Scenery\[scenery name]\Documents folder and subsequently does not install the scenery into P3D. I never had this issue before when I initially installed the sceneries. All of them have been unzipped and installing from a folder on my D:\ where my sim is located.
I own both NY airport packs, Seattle Airport, NYC X, Seattle X, Chicago X, & Miami X.
My one thought was to move the install applications to the C:\ and install them from there but I haven’t done that yet. Has anyone else had this issue or have any idea what might correct this? Thanks in advance!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
I do not think this would influence anything.

If all installers have the same issue then the most probable cause it the wrong registry entry for your P3D which points the installer into a non-existent folder. Please have a look here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=293
Northwest102
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Northwest102

Post by Northwest102 »

Hello,
I bought and downloaded Washington X back in 2018 from fspilotstore.com and apparently they shutdown so I didn't know there were updates. How do I go about getting updates?

Thank you,
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
You can't. I have provided you with the product via Simmarket.
artg1960
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by artg1960 »

Not to sound like an ass, what do you mean we can't get updates, when FSpilotshop shut down it wasn't our fault, it sounds like you, unlike most other venders that will honor the scenery that we bought from FSPilotshop as long as we can provide the order number we got from this place. I understand your company is in business to make money and you make an awesome product which I have Washington X, Seattle Airports, and both NY Airports, but to say we can't get updates because we bought these products from a vender that went out of business is like telling those of us that bought it from them to censored off and buy these sceneries again in order to get any updates. you may have not meant it that way, but that is the way it comes across..
Oh and by the way I can prove that I bought the scenery from FSPilotshop, because I still have the order numbers.