Moscow Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.2 (2020)

FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: FrequentFlyer

Re: Moscow Landmarks MSFS

Post by FrequentFlyer »

Hello, first of all thank you very much for bringing more sceneries into the FS2020. I was quite excited to try your product, and compare it to London pack done by ORBX.
But after taking a tour over city I found that there was also some mistakes that done by ORBX in they London city scenery as well. To start with the high quality default FS2020 landmakrs including the cathedral of Christ the Saviour and grand Kremlin palace with adjacent church have been replaced to a low poly custom assets. I see no reason why this had to be done unleast the scene was rushed and simply reused the old landmarks from the previous flightsims without properly researching the default city first. I think they must be returned in the next update. The clock pointers on the Kremlin's Spasskaya Bashnya are also missing.

In generally speaking about lower quality assets I understand that the main reason for it is also to reduce performance impact, but I believe that some buildings in close proximity to player should have higher resolution textures. That's why I wish you could improve at least the textures and/or models of the buildings that have heliports. I understand that the scenery is very new and SDK tools are still limited but I hope you will take those notes when consider a new update.
My last two wishes have least priority for me, and it's your choice to consider them or not.

First of all I hope there will be power station with it's cooling towers and chimneys located not so far from the SVO airport.

Code: Select all

55°53'45.1"N 37°30'45.1"E

My second wish is to have a new additional heliport located on the Putin's residence close to Moscow with possible recreating the palace nearby (Which may not be exact same model due the lack of footage of this location) which will be a logical addition since there is Kremlin heliport already.

Code: Select all

55°44'27.5"N 37°12'30.4"E
I hope those suggestions are realistic to have for the next upcoming updates, and I wish you good luck with the scenery!
brian pfeiffer
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by brian pfeiffer »

I have your Moscow scenery, I don't know if you can be bothered to fix this but a very big Moscow landmark is missing. The Triumph Arch at Park Pode, I passed by it every day, there is a building there. Not good. Please fix Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

FrequentFlyer wrote: Monday 05 Oct 2020, 20:54 First of all I hope there will be power station with it's cooling towers and chimneys located not so far from the SVO airport.
55°53'45.1"N 37°30'45.1"E

My second wish is to have a new additional heliport located on the Putin's residence close to Moscow with possible recreating the palace nearby (Which may not be exact same model due the lack of footage of this location) which will be a logical addition since there is Kremlin heliport already.
55°44'27.5"N 37°12'30.4"E
brian pfeiffer wrote: Monday 05 Oct 2020, 21:20 The Triumph Arch at Park Pode
Hi. Thank you, these are very good suggestions! :) Most probably they will be included with the v1.2 update of the product.
FrequentFlyer wrote: Monday 05 Oct 2020, 20:54 To start with the high quality default FS2020 landmakrs including the cathedral of Christ the Saviour and grand Kremlin palace with adjacent church have been replaced to a low poly custom assets.
Indeed. The idea is to have the whole scene look harmoniously (color-wise) and perform well with thousands of custom-made buildings.
If our product was rushed, we would have simply used as many default assets as possible :wink:
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: FrequentFlyer

Post by FrequentFlyer »

Ah, I see now, indeed performance is very important and I must say that my aging GTX980 perform very well in Moscow with medium settings and ultra clouds despite the amount of landmarks and buildings there - much better than in some freeware cityscapes I have. But is it maybe still possible to have those 2 default MSFS landmarks back? They are of very nice quality and I want to see them in game nevertheless, I think Microsoft did a good job on them and it's sad to see them gone. I tried to find them manually to remove but I think they are all packed into a single .bgl - and I have no clue about modelling. If you don't want to return them in the new update maybe is it possible to just have some optimal patch that returns them back? Please, I'd be very thankful. :lol:
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

As you mentioned - we need to have performance in mind and we are not able to return them back easily. But maybe we will try redesign this larger church.
GripperSim
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: GripperSim

Post by GripperSim »

I uninstalled this scenery from the flight simulation store, but I am unable to reinstall it again?

When I go to reinstall, it just says "up to date" with no option to reinstall in the content manager...

Is anyone else having this problem?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

You probably need to remove all related folders from the Community folder first.
Goldiee
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Mikhail

Decompression errors

Post by Goldiee »

Hi!

v1.1 from Simmarket, got 3 decompression errors:
https://ibb.co/TgKQjz4

Could you please send me these 3 files?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Decompression errors are usually caused by a faulty download. The only way to fully fix that would be to redownload the file as there might be even more errors. In case of an unstable network, you might consider using some download manager.
Goldiee
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Goldiee »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 13 Oct 2020, 09:11 Hi.
Decompression errors are usually caused by a faulty download. The only way to fully fix that would be to redownload the file as there might be even more errors. In case of an unstable network, you might consider using some download manager.
I downloaded the file many times from different servers, the result is the same.
I tried to disable the antivirus, it didn't help.
Please send me these files.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please contact me via e-mail, I'll give you another download link. Everything should work perfectly with the installer but if decompression errors occur, other errors may occur too even if I just send those 3 files.
http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/c.htm
Goldiee
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Goldiee »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 13 Oct 2020, 09:46 Please contact me via e-mail, I'll give you another download link. Everything should work perfectly with the installer but if decompression errors occur, other errors may occur too even if I just send those 3 files.
http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/c.htm
Letter sent, thanx
corian
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: corian

Post by corian »

A recent suggestion for future expansion:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... disneyland

Conveniently located between UUMB and UUWW, and directly adjacent to a heliport.

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks - it's noted.
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: flyfly

Post by flyfly »

Hi, I bought Moscow Landmarks from the MSFS in-game Marketplace, therefore it is installed in my Packages\Official\Steam folder, not the Community folder.
In the Content Manager, it is marked as v1.1 and "Up to date".
I want to update it to v1.2, but when I delete it from the Content Manager and download it again, it remains v.1.1 and "Up to date" again.
What should I do to get the update?
Thanks in advance, best regards.