Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Re: Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Post by FireRx »

one more request, DD.
On the docks for float planes can the height of the docks be halved. When you park the Icon near one, the wing almost scrape the deck of the dock.

Danke.

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Ok, we will check what our options are.
p.opus
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: p.opus

Re: Seattle Landmarks MSFS - Possible Conflict

Post by p.opus »

Great product, but it seems this product has a Conflict with Orbx KITW Tacoma Narrows (Version 1.0.2, latest version) add on scenery for MSFS. I have narrowed it down to the fact that both of these packages can not be simultaneously loaded in Community

If they are both loaded and I start a flight at KRNT, I get a CTD prior to the flight loading after hitting the Fly Now Button in Flight planner. I haven't tried other airports but unloading one of these two packages allows the flight to load properly, so I don't think it's with this particular airport.

I have already notified Orbx of this issue and have provided them the same details. I hope you guys can work together to find out what part of the packages is causing the conflict because both of them provide enhancement to the area.

Thanks for your attention in this matter.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Do you get any error? Or maybe there is something more in the Windows event log?
At the moment there is a limited amount of information, based on which we could find a cause of problem. On the other hand we have never done any compatibility test with such addon.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

What do you mean by CTD? The sim freezes and quits?

Please check your hardware performance during the crash (Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
p.opus
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by p.opus »

The sim crashes to desktop if you fly within a certain radius with both sceneries enabled, or will crash to desktop if you try to originate a flight in the general area of the two sims.

I have flown from KPDX north to Seattle and it crashes to desktop as I approach Olympia. Also if you try to originate a flight in the target area, the flight will fail to load and the sim will crash to desktop

For example:

1. enable both sceneries by placing them in the community folder
2. Launch Flight Simulator
3. Go to the flight planner, and choose a plane and choose KTIW or KSEA as a departure airport, and choose an appropriate runway.
4. Click on the Fly button on the lower right hand corner of the screen.
5. The sim will go to the "cessna in flight" screen that occurs when it's loading a flight. When the progress bar gets about 3/4 to 7/8 complete, the music cuts out, the program then crashes the user to the desktop.
6. Removing either the Seattle Landmarks folder or the Orbx KTIW folder from the community folder allows the flight to load properly with no crash.

Event log as follows:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fa3fc26
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.610, time stamp: 0xe5d7ed5c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000045e16
Faulting process id: 0x33cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6c07e0e42aa47
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.11.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 1575ea79-554a-4675-8b1a-02445ecbccf3
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.11.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
p.opus
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by p.opus »

Update: After today's patch and loading the US World Update, the issue still exists.

System info:
CPU i7-770
GPU Nvida 1660 GTX with latest drivers
MSFS is installed on dedicated 1GB dedicated SSD.
Community and Official folders are located in E:/MSFS_Data.
Tried installing ORBX KTIW both via symbolic link and directly to Community folder.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your report. At the moment we are not able to indentify the cause of this. I'm also not sure if we have enough human resources to test it with all addons available on the market - however we will be monitoring and if there is any available solution, we will take it into consideration when the new update comes.
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

yeah , I have both of those addons in my community folder and fly between KPDX, KTIW, and KBFI often. no Issues whatsoever. Seeing that ntdll error making me think setting may be set too high as in "ultra" or High-end" Try setting in the "Medium" settings on Graphics and repeat you flight again. you hardware may be limited on the higher settings. 8)
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks FireRx for this hint :)
timothyj67
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Timmmmie

Post by timothyj67 »

I just found out and purchased the Seattle landmarks. Any plans to do Seattle airports the stock KSEA looks nothing like the real thing.
Hopefully the underwater lake Wa floating bridge is above water on your version.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

timothyj67 wrote: Friday 04 Dec 2020, 13:41 Any plans to do Seattle airports
Yes, our plan is to release almost all our exisiting sceneries for MSFS, but we'd like to bring them with the best possible quality and performance, so we need to do proceed step by step.
ErikU
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: ErikU

Post by ErikU »

Hello,

I am a real life pilot based out of Boeing Field (KBFI). This add-on is much improved over the stock scenery. The boats, bridges and towers are great. Nice work! Just a couple comments:

1. The Space Needle was renovated a couple years ago and is rendered correctly in the stock scenery with the proper colors and the upper observation deck which is now in glass. Yours is not correct, unfortunately. Is it possible to go back to the stock space needle?

2. Any possibility of tackling KBFI airport? It is quite wrong and even worse after the Asobo update. I'd pay for this along with other major airports in the region. I disagree with a previous post about KSEA, which is mostly right in the stock version.

Being based at KBFI, let me know if you need any pics or info. Happy to help!

-Erik
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Erik.
Sure, we would be very happy to have some more pics of the up-to-date Space Needle :)
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks Erik.
ErikU wrote: Tuesday 08 Dec 2020, 07:22 1. The Space Needle... Yours is not correct,
Thanks - it's noted and we will look into it.
ErikU wrote: Tuesday 08 Dec 2020, 07:22 2. Any possibility of tackling KBFI airport?
Yep, our plan is to provide all our hitherto-exisiting sceneries to MSFS, however there is a lot of them and thus we need to do this case by case.