Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

Zimmerbz
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Brad

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by Zimmerbz »

Thanks! Where can I find this directory?

drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks\scenery\world\scenery
AndyM01
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by AndyM01 »

Zimmerbz wrote: Friday 22 Jan 2021, 15:30 Thanks! Where can I find this directory?

drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks\scenery\world\scenery
It's in the Community folder
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

All issues have been fixed (CTD, LOD, and mesh). We will now make some extensive tests under various conditions to ensure any of those won't happen again.
edpatino
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by edpatino »

Lander wrote: Sunday 17 Jan 2021, 23:41 Hi,

First of all: great and beautiful design!

I have just 2 questions:
-The first and most importend question is that i also have the Meigs airport from designer Guillermo Zulueta. But since i have the Landmark the airport is "gone" (or the basic version). Can this be helped or is it a question for the other designer?
-The second question is if it is normal that i can fly thrue the buildings without crashing.

P.s. Sorry for the bad English ;).

Greetings
Lander
To use Meigs with Chicago Landmarks, just add the Guillermo Z. Meigs to your community folder and make sure it loads as the latest scenery in MSFS. To make sure it loads that way, add a "z" letter prefix to the folder name and it will appear alphabetically placed as the last folder in your Community folder.
For example, if your folder name is "Meigs_Field-Chicago", rename it to "z-001-Meigs_Field-Chicago" (the added "001" will allow you to add more scenery in the future as "002", "003"..., etc., following this same principle, with the letter "z" in front). This is more or less like creating "layers" in MSFS scenery, to give Meigs higher priority than Chicago Landmarks.
Cheers, Ed
edpatino
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by edpatino »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Friday 22 Jan 2021, 16:08 All issues have been fixed (CTD, LOD, and mesh). We will now make some extensive tests under various conditions to ensure any of those won't happen again.
Sorry, tried the fix by re-installing the scenery from ORBX Central (was previously uninstalled due to the CTD and mesh issues) and replacing the included .bgl file with the one posted via dropbox, but the CTDs are still there and the big hill near the downtown is also still there. No luck here. Uninstalled Chicago Landmarks again.
Ed
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

edpatino wrote: Friday 22 Jan 2021, 18:55 the CTDs are still therr
We are intensively testing new updated version. Any specific behavior takes place to generate CTD in your case?
edpatino wrote: Friday 22 Jan 2021, 18:55 the big hill near the downtown
LOD and mesh issues are solved in the coming new version, not in the previously-mentioned fix.
AndyM01
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by AndyM01 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Friday 22 Jan 2021, 16:08 All issues have been fixed (CTD, LOD, and mesh). We will now make some extensive tests under various conditions to ensure any of those won't happen again.
Good to hear. I said that I still had the odd issue with a CTD, but can work around that. I assumed that the terrain mesh problem was caused by the last Asobo update, if you manage to fix it, hopefully it won't get messed up again with the new update that is imminent :wink:
edpatino
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by edpatino »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 22 Jan 2021, 19:54
edpatino wrote: Friday 22 Jan 2021, 18:55 the CTDs are still therr
We are intensively testing new updated version. Any specific behavior takes place to generate CTD in your case?
edpatino wrote: Friday 22 Jan 2021, 18:55 the big hill near the downtown
LOD and mesh issues are solved in the coming new version, not in the previously-mentioned fix.
Hi, CTD's are generated when I try to park my aircraft at a parking spot, as it was the case before this fix.
Ed
Jones7
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Shane

Post by Jones7 »

I have installed the fix file you posted and still got a CTD when selecting Chicago O'Hare as departure airport. Bought my copy of Chicago landmarks off of Sim Market and reinstalled V 1.1 from there.
DFWSupertrooper
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

For what it's worth, the file replacement worked like a champ for me!

Departed KORD earlier today and landed there a few minutes ago on a gloriously beautiful approach onto 28R from KSEA so had a nice flyover downtown over the lake to return! No issues on either end.

Those of you having issues after replacing the file...have you tried deleting your rolling cache by chance? Just curious. Sometimes that's need to make sure the old is replaced with the new. Best of luck...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Version v1.2 with the mentioned fixes should be published right after the weekend.
Th3PerfectOn3
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: KamilChicago

Post by Th3PerfectOn3 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Friday 22 Jan 2021, 09:57 CTD fix:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sirk7mlr2cd3p ... C.bgl?dl=1

Goes to: drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks\scenery\world\scenery
Just heads up. After using this fix I started having live weather issues like wind stuck at 3kps or no wind at all. Removing your mod completely fixed it. Maybe you can look into it not other mods were added to modified prior
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The new v1.2 version of the product has been sent to stores. You will be notified by a store as soon as it becomes available.
bbdulcy
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: BBDulcy

Post by bbdulcy »

I just installed version 1.2 and no ctd when i select KORD! Good work!!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thanks for the report! 8)