Washington X

Latest version: v1.5 (2020)

Lude2Envy
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: Washington X

Post by Lude2Envy »

Where can I find more information about this product? I feel like the documentation and website descriptions are lacking. Does this product support dynamic lighting? I see it's been updated for v5. Does that mean it now has sloped runways and PBR textures? Are the installation options explained in more detail somewhere other than the installer? Why is the forum for this product just one long thread instead of individual threads? Thank you.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello!
Lude2Envy wrote: Wednesday 20 Jan 2021, 18:03 dynamic lighting?
Yes - since v1.4 there is included dynamic lighting (P3D V4/V5)
Lude2Envy wrote: Wednesday 20 Jan 2021, 18:03 has sloped runways and PBR textures?
No, we do not provide sloped runways in p3d v5, same as PBR textures. We tried it in case of RJAA, but the effect was weak in case of quality, but huge impact to the memory usage.
Lude2Envy wrote: Wednesday 20 Jan 2021, 18:03 installation options
They are rather well described in the installer. Furthermore there could be found more descriptions in the manual.
Lude2Envy wrote: Wednesday 20 Jan 2021, 18:03 one long thread instead of individual threads
It's the way how our forum is designed - each product / scenery has its individual thread, where our users can describe their problems and ask for the support. Users cannot create their own threads here.
Lude2Envy
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Lude2Envy »

Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 21 Jan 2021, 21:29 They are rather well described in the installer. Furthermore there could be found more descriptions in the manual.
I don't see anything in the manual about the installation and the options. Why would I want these 4K grass/snow textures? What are they replacing exactly? What if I use FTX Global? Etc.....
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Feel free to try and if you don't like them, you can revert back to default.
Joseph29
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Joseph

Post by Joseph29 »

Does anyone know where I can find a AFCAD for Anacostia (KBOF)? I have helicopter AI from MAIW and the Anacostia AFCAD does not have any parking spots for AI.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

AFD_KBOF.bgl
Joseph29
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Joseph29 »

Is the custom global environment map compatible with P3D v5.1? I ask because after I installed the Washington scenery I looked for the backup folder it is supposed to make but there was none. I am not sure if I click the option to install that and I don't know if I want it installed.
DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 09 Feb 2021, 05:30 AFD_KBOF.bgl
I know about that one. I am looking for a new one that has parking for AI aircraft. The one that comes with the Washington scenery does not have any parking spots for AI planes.
Joseph29
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Joseph29 »

Also what is the AFCAD names for the Pentagon and the White House? I have AI Sea king helicopters and flightplans for them. They go to the White House and the Pentagon, but I never see them there.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I am not sure why do you search for "a new one that has parking for AI aircraft" here. :wink:

The helicopter AI is so rare that I do not think we are going to make any changes to those afcads anytime soon.
mikeys222
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Mike

Washington X

Post by mikeys222 »

I am sorry, But I only have the "post a reply" - button. Anyone knows how to "create new topic" here?
Thanks alot
best regards,
Mike

Anyways, I have the following issue: I bought almost all DD add-ons but now I am facing an issue. I have recently switched to P3D V5 and I saw that Washington is compatible with P3DV5, but not my version. Now I was looking at simmarket and aerosoft where I usually buy my DD scenery but apparently I must have bought Washington from a different store but I don't remember where (was in 2017). Does anybody know if there is a possibility to retrieve the store from within the file? It will only allow me to install it in Version P3DV4 but not V5.
Thanks a lot
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

mikeys222 wrote: Sunday 18 Apr 2021, 13:59 how to "create new topic"
It's the way how our forum is designed - each product / scenery has its individual thread, where our users can describe their problems and ask for the support. Users cannot create their own threads here.
mikeys222 wrote: Sunday 18 Apr 2021, 13:59 a possibility to retrieve the store
Sorry, but we have no such data and thus we are not able to help. I suggest checking your Email box - maybe you will be able to find the purchase confirmation and in such way find the store, from which you bought the scenery. Then you should be able to download from this store the last version of installer, which is compatible with P3D v5. If such store doesn't exist any more, you can follow this instruction: viewtopic.php?p=17796#p17796
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Product provided.
NWA1999
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Robbie

Post by NWA1999 »

Hello,

Anyway to get the sode jetways connect to the Aerosoft CRJ 9? All gates (15-21) say the door is too low.

Robbie
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

The "error message" sounds like the jetway cant reach the aircraft. Do you get such message after pushing shift + D?

For me it looks more like a SODE issue or CRJ issue.
NWA1999
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Robbie

Post by NWA1999 »

Yes well TAB+S, but shift+D does it to. They should be able to reach the CRJ 9. I've seen steeper. Sucks that I can't park a RJ at the DAL gates

Great scenery though!

Robbie