Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you for the information.
I will try to ask Asobo about this issue.
Giffdev
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Giffdev

Post by Giffdev »

Hey there,
I just bought this pack, as I live in Seattle (and work at Microsoft, but sadly not on flight simulator haha). I was wondering if the football stadium will be updated in the future. It currently says the old name (Centurylink field) but has recently been renamed Lumen field. I also think the texture on Smith Tower is a little inaccurate, for such an iconic building. Thanks, and looking forward to updates in the future! I also love that you included Bellevue, but one thing that was really sad to see was the default (Bing maps) rendering of the Cinemark at lincoln square in bellevue looks way better without this pack installed. The whole bellevue shopping area looked better with the defaults than with this add-on, so I hope that might get a coat of paint in the future too!
Giffdev
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Giffdev »

One other note about bellevue is many of the skyscrapers don't have logos on them, like the Microsoft buildings or Expedia. That'd be great to see!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Giffdev - thanks for all your comments. They are noted and will be taken into consideration when the new update will be coming.
steveli
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by steveli »

After install the updated version 1.1, the "building deforming" effect improved a lot, but still you can see some building got deformed in a distance. But this time, when you zoom in the view, the deformed build turns back to normal. Please look into this and get it fixed. Thanks.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

These are LODs working. It is made to save performance. The distance will depend on your settings - it will look the best at the Ultra settings.
steveli
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by steveli »

Ultra setting on which parameter? Please be specific. Thanks.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

You may search here for specifics (also some nice hints are there too):
https://www.google.com/search?q=msfs+se ... e&ie=UTF-8

and there:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/in ... pus/256191
https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comm ... es_spiked/
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threa ... ce.449329/
etc.

All I know is that switching all options between f/e "high" and "ultra" has an influence on LOD display.
rsmith6621a
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by rsmith6621a »

Stan,

Are you planning any conversion of KSEA and KORD airport scenery's in to MSFS anytime soon. Both of these could use some serious attention.

Randy
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
We do, but to convert all our products to MSFS we will probably need about 1,5-2 years' time. This is not a copy/paste procedure if we want to do it nicely - and we do. :wink:
Giffdev
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Giffdev »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Saturday 20 Mar 2021, 14:45 Hi.
We do, but to convert all our products to MSFS we will probably need about 1,5-2 years' time. This is not a copy/paste procedure if we want to do it nicely - and we do. :wink:
Nice, I'm about to start flight training (!) at kbfi, so I hope to have a detailed version of it in the simulator sometime
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, if you share with us some up-to-date high-resolution pictures then we will definitely be able to add some nice details to the airport. :)
(and obviously you will be mentioned in the credits and get the product for free)
Giffdev
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Giffdev »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Wednesday 24 Mar 2021, 12:42 Well, if you share with us some up-to-date high-resolution pictures then we will definitely be able to add some nice details to the airport. :)
(and obviously you will be mentioned in the credits and get the product for free)
Maybe you can give me some advice on what you would need to work from. just pictures in general from all around the airport and surrounding area? I can surely do that once I start flight training in the coming weeks :)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I'd say that pictures of missing things and details rather than general shots. Something that can only be seen while being at the airport. :wink:
panarchist
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: MattPicio

Post by panarchist »

Great product - outstanding work. One request - if possible, can you add Avalara Hawk Tower? It's been there for 3 years, and that space next to King Street Station is looking a little bare.

https://macmiller.com/project/hawk-tower/
https://www.google.com/maps/@47.5963527 ... a=!3m1!1e3

If you can / are willing to add it, I have pictures I can link to / provide to help make that happen. I have a vested interest in the building being there, since it's where I work. ;-)

Either way, excellent product and I really enjoy the scenery you put together.