EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport XP v2

Latest version: v2.2 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport XP v2

Post by Martin_Starski »

I assume that you installed our scenery in accordance to the manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xq82hd377p9h ... h.pdf?dl=0

You have ca. 400 entries in your scenery_packs.ini file - it's really hard to point out which one interferes with our scenery, but I can assure you that in my sim everything is working fine. Maybe Ortho4XP has impact or any other global/default scenery!? We do not use XOrganizer, but we always suggest letting the sim to rebuild the scenery_packs.ini after the installation.
Have you tried to back-up your scenery_packs.ini and then leave our scenery there only? If it works fine, then you will be absolutely sure that the other addon has ruined something and then you can try to test which one by adding other parts of your existing scenery_packs.ini
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Moridin wrote: Thursday 06 Jan 2022, 11:40 I'm using XOrganizer. I have no idea how to check if they're in conflict.
I don't know that software but basically - if you have two active sceneries of the same airport you would see... two sceneries at the same place.

My suggestion was that there are default airports added to X-Plane and they might still be visible.
Moridin
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Moridin

Post by Moridin »

Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 06 Jan 2022, 12:46 I assume that you installed our scenery in accordance to the manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xq82hd377p9h ... h.pdf?dl=0

You have ca. 400 entries in your scenery_packs.ini file - it's really hard to point out which one interferes with our scenery, but I can assure you that in my sim everything is working fine. Maybe Ortho4XP has impact or any other global/default scenery!? We do not use XOrganizer, but we always suggest letting the sim to rebuild the scenery_packs.ini after the installation.
Have you tried to back-up your scenery_packs.ini and then leave our scenery there only? If it works fine, then you will be absolutely sure that the other addon has ruined something and then you can try to test which one by adding other parts of your existing scenery_packs.ini
No. I don't have that manual. Like I said, I installed it via Orbxdirect, which automatically installs it. The included manual, after installation, called EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport XP MANUAL.pdf from 13/05/2020, is different than the one you linked.

If a global/default scenery, which I assume you mean is standard scenery that comes with the game (not payware), impacts EPWA, then you would know it, right?

Below are default EPWA taxi markings. As you can see, they have no labels. I only have one EPWA scenery installed, so no idea where the markings come from.
b738_4k - 2022-01-06 14.02.10.jpg
I am not an expert at editing the scenery.ini file. I don't know what I'm doing. Which is why I'm using Xorganizer. The only scenery with issues is EPWA. Which is why I am looking for help here, since I paid for it. If you have a solution or suggestion to try, please let me know and I'll test it out. Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Moridin wrote: Thursday 06 Jan 2022, 13:07 I installed it via Orbxdirect
Then you are right, everything is automatic in this case.
Moridin wrote: Thursday 06 Jan 2022, 13:07 If a global/default scenery, which I assume you mean is standard scenery that comes with the game (not payware), impacts EPWA, then you would know it, right?
Negative. Laminar changes those from time to time. You need to remove such a scenery if there is any.
Moridin wrote: Thursday 06 Jan 2022, 13:07 a solution or suggestion to try
The solution is to remove the other active scenery, which is hidden somewhere in the Custom Scenery folder. As a test, you may leave only EPWA scenery in that folder and move everything else into a different location. I am pretty sure the issue would disappear.
Moridin
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Moridin »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Thursday 06 Jan 2022, 13:15 The solution is to remove the other active scenery, which is hidden somewhere in the Custom Scenery folder. As a test, you may leave only EPWA scenery in that folder and move everything else into a different location. I am pretty sure the issue would disappear.
Where can I find it? I don't have two payware EPWA airports installed. I never had any additional freeware EPWA. Just the one from you + I assume default airport from Laminar included with XP11. When I installed your Seattle Airports, I didn't have to remove anything else. Please advise how to do this, where to find it, etc.

Should I try loading just DD EPWA + default Laminar stuff, or should I remove that too?
Moridin
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Moridin »

scenery.ini file:

Code: Select all

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD_EPWA_Warsaw_Chopin_Airport_XP_V2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - New York/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Washington DC/
b738_4k - 2022-01-06 14.59.24.jpg
Same problem. This is only default XP11 stuff + DD EPWA. Any other ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

We understand that this is problematic situation for you. We also want to solve your problem but it's not easy when you are not able to replicate it. If you remove our scenery, default EPWA looks fully fine, right? No double lines?

BTW: Can you try this? There was the similar issue of the other user who installed our scenery via ORBX installer.
I have managed to remove the double taxi lines and lights by choosing the option with static aircraft and photoreal - any other option results in a duplication of the taxi lines etc... so maybe the issue lies with how the Orbx application installs the airport into X plane ....
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
Moridin
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Moridin »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 07 Jan 2022, 01:19 If you remove our scenery, default EPWA looks fully fine, right? No double lines?
Yes, it looks correct (if you can call the default scenery correct :D)
Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 07 Jan 2022, 01:19 BTW: Can you try this? There was the similar issue of the other user who installed our scenery via ORBX installer.
I have managed to remove the double taxi lines and lights by choosing the option with static aircraft and photoreal - any other option results in a duplication of the taxi lines etc... so maybe the issue lies with how the Orbx application installs the airport into X plane ....
Will test today.
Moridin
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Moridin »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Friday 07 Jan 2022, 06:31 SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
I just see .dsf files inside. No idea what to do with those.
Moridin
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Moridin »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 07 Jan 2022, 01:19 BTW: Can you try this? There was the similar issue of the other user who installed our scenery via ORBX installer.
Statics + photoreal: works correctly!
A340-600 - 2022-01-07 13.23.21.jpg
Without statics + photoreal: double markings/signs/etc.

Obviously I want the option without statics because of VATSIM. Can you advise what we should do now to fix this?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid it might be something with ORBX installer - I do not remember the similar issues with our installer. Let me check this and then report to ORBX - on the other hand it would be also good if you report this problem via ORBX forum as well.
Moridin
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Moridin »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 07 Jan 2022, 12:40 I'm afraid it might be something with ORBX installer - I do not remember the similar issues with our installer. Let me check this and then report to ORBX - on the other hand it would be also good if you report this problem via ORBX forum as well.
Reported: https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/2118 ... nt-1793643
Moridin
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Moridin »

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thanks for the info!