KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS

Latest version: v1.1 (2023)

OD_Hennessey

Re: KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS

Post by OD_Hennessey »

I am on PC.

I have your products downloaded from Orbx however I'm experiencing crashes when trying to load into KMDW. I also experienced a crash last night at the end of a flight once parking at the gate at KDCA.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Negative, the issue is Xbox-only. What you are experiencing is probably a different issue.
OD_Hennessey

Post by OD_Hennessey »

Okay, because I've done two fresh installs of MSFS and I'm still having the problem and these are my only addons right now.
OD_Hennessey

Post by OD_Hennessey »

The issues seemed to have resolved themselves with the latest windows update last night. Don't know what's going on but that works for me.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Good to hear that it's solved, even if we are not fully sure how. :wink:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Xbox guys, here is a little update:

We have received a few hints from Asobo and did changes to our KMDW Xbox product. Today, the new version will be sent to Asobo for testing (remember - we can't test Xbox products ourselves). If they confirm that the product works fine, we will release it again; if not, we will continue on finding the solution. You are obviously entitled to a refund in case you don't want to wait any longer but please be sure that we are doing our best and fixing a product you can't test is like walking in the dark. Anyway, we hope that our fixes will make the product stable on Xbox.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The new version of our KMDW Midway MSFS for Xbox should have been published on the Marketplace. The CTD issue should now be fixed.
jack233
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Jack

Post by jack233 »

Ok well I did buy this airport again . Seems much more improved than before on the Xbox series x . I own all of your airports and all of your scenery on north Pc and on Xbox and I have to say , this may be your best work yet I have seen and thank you for improving them . So did I have CTDs? Yes and no . It seems like once an aircraft turns on, that is when the CTDs may occur. Also I strongly recommend everyone on Xbox to quit the game and restart your Xbox’s before using this flight and stay away from any addon aircraft such as the bredokk 737 because this plane for sure will give you a CTD . It still does not work with your Chicago landmarks yet as well. But all in all in my testing so far and I have been testing this airport for many hours now is that it is much more improved than before . I appreciate your work and hopefully it can get more stable as time goes by . Especially with Chicago landmarks let’s hope for the best . Thank You Stanislaw for doing your best to address this issue. Like I said , please people, don’t use addon aircraft, and make sure you are quitting your sessions and restart your Xbox before using the midway airport . This has been my testing so far on this using the A320 neo , and so far much more better experience and a beautiful masterpiece of an airport . Absolutely beautiful and a must have . Thank You kindly .

Jack M
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Jack, thank you for your report.

Do you use Xbox X or S?
jack233
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Jack

Post by jack233 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Saturday 05 Mar 2022, 15:23 Jack, thank you for your report.

Do you use Xbox X or S?
I use a series X and through my findings it’s hit and miss with CTDs but as I mentioned for the users is to not use the Bredokkk 737 , or other plane mods on this that are memory consuming . Fighter jets, small planes , a320 , Cessna cj4, longitude etc are good with this airport. Also again let the users know to restart the Xbox’s before flight as it clears memory. Hope this helps and so far, it has worked for me . Also changing the time can cause a CTD . But other than that , it’s working so much better. Thank You again Stanislaw!

Jack
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

jack233 wrote: Saturday 05 Mar 2022, 17:01 it’s working so much better
We're glad to hear that - thanks for sharing your tips.
AirbusTC
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Markus

Post by AirbusTC »

Hi,
is there any news about an update for KMDW (non-Xbox version)?
I would hope that at least these ugly light green parts visible in the scenery between runways and taxiways, those that are covered with 3D grass, should get rectified and cleaned up. In reality these are some sort of painted hardened surfaces so I guess they need to be part of your high-res texture ground poly to make them look realistic.

I can understand if the approach lights for the displaces threshold can't be corrected easily, but please at least make the ground textures look consistently good and crisp, thanks! 8)
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

We cannot provide you with any timeline at the moment, but for sure we will provide such info as soon as it's ready. Please bear in mind that in the past we were not able to exclude some objects due to the limitation of sim design tools that are being constantly improved by the sim developer.
AirbusTC
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Markus

Post by AirbusTC »

Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 12 Mar 2022, 12:30 We cannot provide you with any timeline at the moment, but for sure we will provide such info as soon as it's ready. Please bear in mind that in the past we were not able to exclude some objects due to the limitation of sim design tools that are being constantly improved by the sim developer.
Just making sure we are talking about the same thing here. I was referring to this spot of light green aerial imagery blurb that is covered with 3D grass, see attached screenshot.
Current internet aerial imagery suggests that this specific spot is normal grass these days, so it would simply need a texture retouch to get a realistic looking grass colour, the 3D grass can stay.

Other areas featuring properly defined light-green parts just require a crisp texture as if they were part of the taxiway, but featuring the light-green colour of that specific hardened (or paved?) surface. No SDK magic required I hope.

kmdw2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes yes, we know what you are referring to. :wink: