Miami City 2012

Latest version: v1.0 (2012)

Archive only - support discontinued
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I am glad you have figured out the solution!
Rose72
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Rose72 »

romoni wrote:
Rose72 wrote:
DD Stanislaw wrote:Hello.
I am not able to tel you this not knowing what hardware (PC) you are using. Do you use FS9.1 update? There are no problems with the scenery itself, which was tested with all available test software.
I also gets CTD in fs9 over the city :-(

Hello!

I bought both LatinVFR KMIA and Miami City today and installed them. I did a couple test flight over the Miami City and I got also CTD near the town. At first this seems to be very bad. There isn't any solution for this but I found it from LatinVFR's forum - I downloaded a new texture files and yes - no CTD...

I have UT USA and many, many, many addons all over the world installed. They allways need some paths or an other carefully works. But never mind - area of the Miami works very well now so thank You DD Yors nice work and yes - co-operation is always the best way to solve a problems.

Rolf
romoni
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by romoni »

Hello!

Well seems to be that I was happy a little bit too early. I get CTD again as I leave from KMIA and take course to 120 degrees direct to the town. It happen a little bit before I am reached the city building.

About half the buildings appears step by step - one by one and an other half can see all the time as I leave from the KMIA. This a Windows log:

fs9.exe
4135a208
unknown
c0000005
ae4
01cd5831877fbfd9
C:\FS2004\fs9.exe
unknown
d6243e7d-c425-11e1-9f8b-f46d046ff844

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Intel Core i7 2600 3,4GHz
nvidiaGeForce GTX 560 1G
8 G RAM

FS9.1 installed C:\root (no programs folder)
DirectX 11 (runned DxDiag - no errors)

I know You recommended to untick UT USA but I don't see any reson to do that because all other scenerys works like charm. To delete one big area that You can use one small isn't the solution what we need.

One solution is to delete the Miami City but this sounds bad. One bad thing is that if there is some corrupted file it can effect to all over the sim world. Not funny to "fly" 6-8 hours and then You start Yours arrivall prosedures and just before approach -> BANG - CTD...

One more thing yet - before installation of the Miami City I haven't any CTD's and I'm flown on Europe, Asia and North/Sout-America as well. I'm not "rookie" and I have done all things very carefully as I installed some scenery. Golden rule - RTFM and read forums and to do as a developer say.

I hope - I really hope that DD will find a solution to this problem. I'm pretty sure that the CTD's caused by Miami City. You said that this is compatible with UT USA so I think that we need some UT-patch or mayby some textures is corrupted but anyway - You as the developer know's this things better than I. I'm just customer/user but not looser :mrgreen:

Sorry about the long story without any hard message with bad english...

Regards
Rolf
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I will look at this case after July 9.
romoni
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by romoni »

Hello again!

Short report.

Tested:

Default flight: KSEA and default Cessna.

Disabled Miami City and KOPF, KMIA (Miami City) and KTMB on the Scenery Library.

Method: Flying surrounding area of the cities - altitude 1 000 feet and speed 100 kn.

Area of the Miami City -> Start RW30 - After take off heading 120 - Flying about 9 nm - turn back heading 300.

FlyTampas KSEA and KSFO
Cloud9 KJFK and KLAX (KJFK -> Aerosoft New York)

CYVR (FreeWare) and Vancouver+ area

No problem - no CTD

Tested KMIA without Miami City -> No problem

Tested KMIA and Miami City - No problems expect buildings texture load a little bit slow.

Enabled KOPF -> CTD (tested 2 times)

Disabled KOPF -> CTD (testpilot little bit angry now)

CTD's happend now when I turn back and fly a couple nm towards to the city.

Time to thinking and result of hard brain works - delete the 3 giga fix.

Tested and no CTD.Continue...

Regards

Rolf
nicumedic
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Miami City 2012 for FS9 Ryder Trauma

Post by nicumedic »

Does anyone know if this scenery has a landable helipad on the roof of the Ryder Trauma center...Jackson Memorial Hospital?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It does not.
Fardel
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Fardel »

Hello,
my name io Paolo and I have all Drzewiecki Design Senery for FS2004.
I have the same problem of Romoni on Miami City in the same position

fs9.exe
4135a208
unknown
c0000005
ae4
01cd5831877fbfd9
C:\FS2004\fs9.exe
unknown
d6243e7d-c425-11e1-9f8b-f46d046ff844

My configuration is:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Intel AMD FX-8350 8 Cores
nvidiaGeForce GTX 570
RAM 16 G RAM

FS9.1 with UTUSA and LativVFR Miami

Any solutions for this problem?
Thank yuu and best regards
Paolo
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Paolo.
What does this problem look like? It is a crash-to-desktop (CTD) problem or something else? Would you be able to give me some coordinates of where does this problem happen? It should not be a problem, but would you be able to test the same location with LatinVFR inactive?
What does Romoni stand for?

Sometime ago LatinVFR made a patch to gain more compatibility between our sceneries (UT USA is not a factor in this case). I don't have a direct link but please look at the Latin's website or simply contact Ricardo - I am sure he will help you in case this is a compatibility problem.

[edit]
Try these links please:
http://www.flycay.com/forums/showthread ... 9-Kmia-CTD
http://www.flycay.com/forums/showthread ... -City-2012
Fardel
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Fardel »

hello Stanislaw,
I replaced the textures with those specified in your links and flow over all the City for long time without problems of CTD.
I think the problem is fixed
Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards
Paolo
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello. Glad it was helpful!
tomcatsky
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Some Problems with textures / gray textures + ctd /

Post by tomcatsky »

Hello Everyone,

This is my first expression here, so please be gentle. So, Dear Drzewiecki Team, I need help to find some solution for some scenario happened after I : 1. First download Demo-Miami, 2. Second - What happened after I tunning FS with Payable ver. + REX Override.
1. To check how good Miami is ( I've got almost all Drzewiecki products - Warsaw, Airports Packs ) I add Demo : after installation scenario : Cessna, Keyboard key [ s] , change views and after I did one cycle of view textures loose colors and get GRAY :( ok, I have the same with Warsaw ( DEMO ) but all missing after I purchased a Payable ver. So I did it with Miami.
2. Scenario 2 : Payable : All works perfect ( Best of the best : ) ), but unfortunately I add also a very good tunning envoirement as REX Override for FS2004. Of course back-up scenery. When I loaded all, shine, perfect view and my Cessna take-off to look at Miami City :). When I approach to the last group of buildings ( after it is only the Ocean ), turn and got CTD :(...
After few CTD, ( long fly in diffrent location ), I was forced to do something - first I restore Rex Scenery Back-up, then try to find what happened after I delete or uncheck some of the Miami scenery, read Forum, download 4GB patch.. and after this, was only worse. I uninstall Miami, check registry load again FS and the default Miami Scenery is without textures ( they are gray :( ). So I don't know what corapted the files, I'm desperate because to many tunnings and don't know where I should find a tip ? :?:
So my technical datas a little: XP SP 3, FS 9.1 ( patch 4 GB ) , some of the sceneries that could involve here : Ultimate Traffic ( AI aircraft get Gray first ), this the same company which made Ultimate Terrain - maybe some files interrupt the same way, REX Overide and Miami DD, FS Global2008, Zinerek Env., / Rest of the areas works fine, problem with textures is only in Miami area, when I try to take off at KMIA, and also when I load different near airport and towards to KMIA - buildings and AI aircraft from UT are gray + when I try to end flight FS i locked ( only end of the process from Task Managers works ).
Please point some parts of puzzle :( :oops:
Regards
/Art Szopa
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Witam.
Czy KMIA jest od LatinVFR? Jakie jest taktowanie procesora i ilość RAMu?
mthee80
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Miami city and UTUSA

Post by mthee80 »

Hi,
Finally bought this FS2004 version to compliment LatinVFRs KMIA and noticed in the instructions that if I deactivate the UT USA area more Autogen will show up. Can you specify the .BGL s files I should remove from the UT Scenery folder to allow the Autogen to show?
Thank you.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well... You are correct that it is probably enough to simply remove some BGLs but it has never been tested so I personally have no idea which BGLs should be removed (UT has a lot of such files).