Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you, Martin. I will let you know when we find something.
savedByYehoshua
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: savedByYehoshua

Post by savedByYehoshua »

Update on XBOX series X.

So I've always had CTD with Chicago Landmarks since downloading many weeks ago. Always before flight starts as if there is a load issue with memory or something. I deleted it since as not flyable due to CTD. After the recent MSFS update I decided to try to download again. But instead of taking off from KORD I decided to try to take off from Kenosha. And no CTD. Was able to approach the city fly around the city as well. Then tried loading in at KORD for departure and CTD like before. I did also have a CTD on another flight around the city when landing at Midway. Who knows if related. Anyway I can use the product at this point as long as I don't take off from KORD (or Midway for that matter as I had same CTD when loading a flight departing from Midway).

Thought I would share. Hope it helps diagnose the issue.

I do have 3rd party KORD but when having original CTDs I deleted that and cleared rolling cache but didn't help at that time. I'll try deleting 3rd party KORD and clear cache and see what happens now. Perhaps the recent update from MSFS helped.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your message. As we mentioned, sometimes such CTD issues are like walking in the dark as we can't perform any test of Xbox products on our own. In some cases, we are not able to replicate them though. Anyway, we do our best to find some solutions from time to time, so as soon as we find a such one, we will share it.
ironlemon
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Grzegorz

Post by ironlemon »

It’s been a bit random for me on the XSX so far. I recently installed all the currently available DD addons (including KMDW and Chicago Landmarks) and was flying KATL-KDCA-KMDW-KATL. No other addons on and around the flight path, using Asobo Citation Longitude.

First leg worked for me, though I had a nonexistent runway assigned for landing (runway 16 - I believe this is a known issue on Asobo forums; I landed on runway 15 instead) and was missing KDCA details once inspecting the airport after landing (I already documented that in the KDCA thread).

On second leg to KMDW I managed to land but upon inspecting the airport with drone camera I had severe LOD issues (see screenshot) and the game CTD’d once I flew the drone inside the terminal building.

Trying to start the KMDW-KATL leg, I got a CTD on loading several times in a row. I uninstalled Chicago Landmarks, loaded again and it worked. So back to the main menu I go, reinstalled the landmarks and - poof - this time everything loaded and I was able to fly to KATL… and got a CTD on landing.

Not a lot of fun but I’ve been having a much higher amount of landing CTDs even on default airports since SU8 so part of that is definitely not DD-related.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daisser
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Lou

Post by Daisser »

This mod's scenery is gorgeous; however, I'm experiencing extreme performance drops over downtown Chicago in all craft with this mod. I have a 5800X / EVGA FTW 3080 10GB, system runs stable and individual component benchmarks are what's expected for the gear. Your Washington package runs great on my system. I run at 3440x1440 all settings Ultra, which is demanding, but can hold non jittery 30 frame locked everywhere else. Tanks to single single digits over Chicago with this mod. I have no other mods installed in the area of Chicago.

I've been seeing a number of comments on here and MSFS forums reporting this and that this mod needs a 12GB card or better to really run right, is this true? Have people been able to get this smooth on mid tier cards or even 10 GB 3080s?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

ironlemon wrote: Wednesday 06 Apr 2022, 16:54 landing CTDs even on default airports since SU8 so part of that is definitely not DD-relate
This is true and please believe us - no one is more interested in solving the problem than we are.
Daisser wrote: Wednesday 06 Apr 2022, 16:55 performance drops over downtown Chicago
Daisser wrote: Wednesday 06 Apr 2022, 16:55 Have people been able to get this smooth on mid tier cards or even 10 GB 3080s?
Our goal is to take a look into this indeed, even if during our tests a significant fps drop was not observed. On the other hand - even if this is a very demanding area, we are sure that it's flyable not only with 10 GB or 12 GB of GPU.
Daisser
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Daisser »

I'll play around with settings some to see if I can find some combination that yields information but is there any specific testing I could do that would be helpful to DD?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I think it would be great to get your help with testing when the new version will come. In the meantime, generally take a look into the graphic settings - finding the right balance is probably essential, considering your PC specs at the same time. There are a lot of them to play with: render scaling, terrain and object level of details, cloud settings, autogen like buildings, trees and such kind level of details. And last but not least - traffic settings like cars, ground traffic, AI.
Daisser
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Daisser »

I did some testing and at 3440x1440 or 2560x1440 the frame rates tank and no matter what overall graphics setting (even low end all options). GPU stays pegged at 100% At 1920x1080 it runs fine with any options and the GPU is around 40%. I've bought a number of different sceneries, including your own DC, everything else runs without this issue. Running Win10 if that makes a difference. Any other thoughts? It's a shame, it looks so nice but its unplayable ugh...
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for testing and sharing - as I mentioned, we will take a look and will try to improve the performance, especially downtown.
rodrigo3k

Post by rodrigo3k »

Hi I just bought this Chicago landmarks scenery for MSFS. My computer have been turned on for 3 days straight, and I cant manage to download the package. After a Gb or so, the download stops and restarts from scratch.
with the only result of a error message that reads "Chicago Landmarks has sailed to download"
I bought it the 10th of april 2022
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The download process is handled by stores. Please contact a particular store directly.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=422
Tailspin488
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: tailspin88

Post by Tailspin488 »

Daisser wrote: Tuesday 12 Apr 2022, 01:56 I did some testing and at 3440x1440 or 2560x1440 the frame rates tank and no matter what overall graphics setting (even low end all options). GPU stays pegged at 100% At 1920x1080 it runs fine with any options and the GPU is around 40%. I've bought a number of different sceneries, including your own DC, everything else runs without this issue. Running Win10 if that makes a difference. Any other thoughts? It's a shame, it looks so nice but its unplayable ugh...
Is there any update on this? I also haven't been able to use this scenery since I bought it due to horrible performance. I check in once in a while to see if there is an update to the scenery but it doesn't look like it so far. Shame because it is beautiful. I also have downloaded A LOT of other sceneries, payware and freeware, and none of them hurt my performance. With this scenery it pops in late as you approach, and then when your close to downtown the FPS drop and its jumpy / stuttery. Doesn't matter what plane I'm in either. I hope there is a fix coming at some point soon.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

We will be working on evaluating new potential solutions this month.
Takadiurga
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Takadiurga

Post by Takadiurga »

Hi Stanislaw,

I know this has already been covered, but just wanted to add my two cents as well - same as the above feedback really. With KMDW and Chicago landmarks installed the performance takes a huge hit sadly, with stutters + freezing. A performance update for either Chicago Landmarks or both KMDW would be incredible - as having both installed looks absolutely stunning! :D