Chicago Airports XP

Latest version: v1.0 (2019)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago Airports XP

Post by Martin_Starski »

SAM plugin is needed for jetway animation, VGDS and marshallers .
Regarding instalation manual - the repsective pdf file is missing in the zip package indeed, so please use this one: Mac and Linux manual install - English
boctal
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Boctal

Post by boctal »

flightyler wrote: Friday 17 Sep 2021, 16:35 I was able to fix the night lighting performance issues by simply editing the light objects to have less of a throw. Took me maybe all of 5 minutes to do and my fps went from around 10-15 at night to a locked 30. I edited LT_DD_W_10MED from "LIGHT_PARAM full_custom_halo_night 0.00 10.0 0.0000 211 233 195 0.004 200 0 0 -1 0.1" to become "LIGHT_PARAM full_custom_halo_night 0.00 10.0 0.0000 211 233 195 0.004 50 0 0 -1 0.1" (changed the 200 to 50) Also for some reason the new mesh from this thread does not fix the invisible potholes for me. But it did at one point so I'm pretty confused.
Thank you so much for this. I also went from 15-20FPS to 35+ after this fix.
cbrettrager
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Chris

Post by cbrettrager »

Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 14 Oct 2021, 19:48 The point is that we're not the only one who don't see any difference between day and night. In case of many users this problem don't exist. Even Laminar did the tests and the result was the same - no visible difference. I'm no saying that there is no problem - it's very problematic to solve something which is not common to everyone and when you are not able to reproduce.
These kinda lines are why I would NEVER buy another product from you again. This problem has been going on for years, and clearly you don't care that not everyone has a 3080TI. Keep putting out your MSFS products for the $$$ and ignore this product saying an update is in the plans.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

We are sorry to hear that but certainly we will solve this abnormal issue if we knew how. I'm afraid there is nothing more to say.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

cbrettrager wrote: Monday 06 Dec 2021, 21:15 Keep putting out your MSFS products
You are right, MSFS handles night lighting wonderfully, with no performance impact. 8) We once did a test with 1 million dynamic light points and had 1FPS frame drop.
cbrettrager wrote: Monday 06 Dec 2021, 21:15 I would NEVER buy another product from you again
I hope you mean "X-Plane product" :wink: which is kinda right too, as currently, we are not planning to publish anything new for X-Plane. This might change with X-Plane 12 but everything there is surrounded with a mystery. It is not clear yet how attractive it would become to 3rd party devs.
cbrettrager
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Chris

Post by cbrettrager »

Yeah ok, whatever you want to say to save face. The fact is, this is the only payware scenery in my XPlane with massive performance issues. That is the problem conveyed by the vast majority of people in this forum. Denying it, doesn't change it. You have made clear your stance on customers issues, and now your stance on XPlane users.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

cbrettrager wrote: Tuesday 07 Dec 2021, 18:49 The fact is, this is the only payware scenery in my XPlane with massive performance issues.
Please note, that this is a fact for your particular PC setup only.
cbrettrager wrote: Tuesday 07 Dec 2021, 18:49 That is the problem conveyed by the vast majority of people in this forum.
You are right, but only because customers, who come to this forum, seek tech support. Obviously, if a product works perfectly fine, people don't come here.
Yes, we've got tens of reports while tens of thousands of customers use the product without issues, including flight school and home cockpit builders. It does not mean the problem does not exist of course, but troubleshooting this little group wasn't successful so far, although we tried doing it even by making Laminar testing the product.
cbrettrager wrote: Tuesday 07 Dec 2021, 18:49 You have made clear your stance on customers issues, and now your stance on XPlane users.
Oh yes, my stance on customers issues is probably well-known and corroborated by the number of messages published here on this forum by me and other team members. memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist :wink:

If you need any other assistance, please let me know. 8)
BSnider
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Bryan

Post by BSnider »

First off, beautiful scenery! Been using it a lot. However yesterday I flew into KMDW for the first time and noticed the airport has double taxiway lines and signs....it's like some other scenery is overlapping this one...but I can't for the life of me find any scenery I had installed for KMDW other than the default.

I've combed thru the log file myself...any ideas on what may be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
It seems like two sceneries are loaded into the sim.
Please check if any of the default "Gateway" sceneries aren't in conflict here.
Paddyfr21
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Patrick

Post by Paddyfr21 »

Hi I recently bought this scenery however after selecting the option to turn off static aircraft, not all of the gates are available as ramp starts. Hope there is a fix to this. Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

All gates with static aircraft are not available for parking despite the fact that static planes are on or off.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. This is correct. This prevents online conflicts.
Paddyfr21
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Patrick

Post by Paddyfr21 »

Hi I don’t get why you can’t fix this. It’s only adding in ramp starts, not a extensive task. I can’t start at every gate which is a bit of a nuisance considering I have paid for this product. The gates are modelled anyway so I can’t understand why all the ramp starts are included With ramp starts turned off. What do you mean by online conflict?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
I mean that users using static aircraft would see other users parking on the same (occupied) stands, which will look ugly for them.
There is nothing to fix, this is how we want it to be.
You can always slew to the desired stand though.
StefanKo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Steve

Post by StefanKo »

Martin_Starski wrote: Sunday 21 Jun 2020, 13:00
Kaijaxzen wrote: Monday 15 Jun 2020, 19:08 the file did not fix the problems stated above
Can you try with the new fix?

It has to be copied into X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\DD Chicago Airports XP\objects\ (replace the old one - but please backup the old file too)
Does this still work? When do you think will you work on your X-Plane sceneries to make them fit for version 12? Especially Narita, NY and Chicago???