Latest version: v1.3 (2022)

FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: FrequentFlyer

Re: Washington Landmarks MSFS

Post by FrequentFlyer »

How exactly does this work?
I am getting missing trees and default buildings appearing in front of the Washington monument

https://imgur.com/a/fJuxCU7

Last time this I noticed this bug appearing when I was moving your USA landmarks and Asobo's too far away from each other in the content.xml. The problem is that following the new method there seems to be no way to manage the exact priority (at least I did not figure it out yet), and changing priority either moves the scenery at the bottom of the list or moves back on.
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FrequentFlyer »

I forgot to add, there's also a LOD issue with the Washington monument itself
When moving away from the Monument its entrance is changing back to the older one likely because the lower LODs are based upon the previous version of the Monument.
P.S. Sorry about the messed up grammar in the previous post - I had a hard day.. :D Hopefully it was still readable
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

According to my knowledge - MSFS introduced the "Package Reorder Tool" (in MSFS general options). You should be able to notice that new entries are listed at the bottom of the list, similar to the scenery.cfg in FSX/P3D. MSFS loads and sorts sceneries based on this list. The higher priority has the addon down the list. Please try to make the right order to see if your problems still exist.
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FrequentFlyer »

I am unable to place the scenery indexes in a specific order. Pressing the arrow still moves the scenery chaotically and I am unable to place them in a specific order that doesn't cause the scenery conflict described in the message above.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sorry, but if it's not working for you, this is something that should be addressed to Asobo. The only message about this new tool was published here: https://docs.flightsimulator.com/flight ... atures.htm
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FrequentFlyer »

Can someone who got this add-on working without the autogen houses appearing in front of the Washington Monument share they Content.xml, please?
I tried multiple times for like an hour and still did not found the order that works :(
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FrequentFlyer »

Hello, I am sorry to bringing this up again, but I am still having the same issue with the autogen buildings and missing trees.
I am not sure why is the exact order of the scenery is not provided to the users considering that you had to tweak the scenery in order to be displayed correctly then and now.
Still hoping for the issue to be resolved and would like to hear back from you.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
We haven't placed autogen buildings and trees next to the Washington Monument. That is not our scenery there.
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FrequentFlyer »

The only add-on scenery that I have in the W.D.C. are Washington Landmarks and KDCA.
Perhaps you did not understood me well. Those buildings appeared even before, but were always fixed by moving the scenery indexes. So, with a very high confidence I can say that this issue is not a scenery conflict with any other 3rd part add-ons but a problem caused by the incorrect priorities set between Washington Landmarks, WU2 and WU10.

What I asked there is to provide the exact priority order for the Washington Landmarks, WU2 and WU10 - because for some reasons I can't figure it out anymore like I did before.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sorry, but the sceneries' order in MSFS is not in our hands - Asobo is responsible for such a feature. When you are in the Sim, you can click on “Experimental” and select “Package Reorder Tool” to ‘ON’ - then all addons should be shown in the little window that popped up “Scenery package order”.
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FrequentFlyer »

My apologize, but for some reasons what I am really asking for was again misunderstood. And I don't even know why :roll:
I already told in my previous messages that I tried to re-order the scenery priority like it always been the case, I did the same with the old style content.xml and the new one scenery package tool. However, I don't remember anymore the exact scenery order that worked. Asobo cannot be responsible about how every 3rd party scenery loads into the Sim (I thought that they already stated that they aren't responsible about any of the issues caused by the 3rd party mods).

What I am asking for is to provide the scenery priority order with the W.D.C Landmarks, KDCA, WU2 and WU10.

For example:
<Priorities>
<Package name="new scenery" priority="1"/>
<Package name="another scenery" priority="2"/>
<Package name="World Update" priority="3"/>
</Priorities>
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The manual scenery order index is a new feature that does not work correctly yet and we haven't implemented it in any products yet. You can read about that f/e here: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/ ... eries.html

Theoretically, our package should have the top priority, WU10 a lower priority, and WU2 the lowest priority.
TonyTazer
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Thomas

Post by TonyTazer »

Hi DD Team,

I have purchased these landmarks on the Microsoft Marketplace and have a problem with the White House shown doubled, in two versions.
I believe one is Asobo's and the other one DD. I'm not sure if that's maybe also the case with other landmarks in DC.

Is there a way to hide the Asobo White House and any other content which may be interfering?

Many thanks,
Thomas
TonyTazer
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Thomas

Post by TonyTazer »

Follow up: I just found the solution shared here by @WortHog64 on page 31 and it solved my problem - thanks for sharing this!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Glad to hear that it's working ok for you now.