KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS

Latest version: v1.1 (2023)

TheSonofGee
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Gee

Re: KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS

Post by TheSonofGee »

Can someone assist me? I have version 1.1.0 of Midway, and it kicks me to a black screen every time I load into that airport. I bought it several months ago and see it says there is a different version for Xbox, but I'm not finding that version. This is month 7, and I have not had any traction on getting it to work. I had to uninstall it until I heard of a fix. I'm being patient not to ask for my money back because I have several of your products that work. I appreciate any help you can provide.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

In March we received a few hints from Asobo and did changes to our KMDW Xbox product. The improved version was released on Marketplace then. Have you tried to remove your version, clean the cache, download and install it once again?
discostu987
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: DiscoStu

Post by discostu987 »

After purchasing KMDW from the marketplace and having to re-purchase from ORBX just to be able to remove the static aircraft, I feel ripped off. You should offer a refund to your customers for the marketplace version.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. Please talk to Microsoft about the refund if you feel ripped off. They sold that version to you.
discostu987
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by discostu987 »

Um, who's product is it? Microsoft's or Drzewiecki Design's? I'm pretty sure Drzewiecki received payment for the product I bought on the marketplace so don't blame Microsoft for a product that has useless static aircraft at the gates.
discostu987
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by discostu987 »

At the very least, there should be a warning on the MSFS marketplace product description especially for vatsim users that a version is available at ORBX that allows for disabling of this. Had I seen that, I would only have bought 1 version.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

discostu987 wrote: Wednesday 28 Sep 2022, 21:44Um, who's product is it? Microsoft's or Drzewiecki Design's?
We are the authors indeed but we did not sell you anything.
discostu987 wrote: Wednesday 28 Sep 2022, 21:44 I'm pretty sure Drzewiecki received payment for the product I bought on the marketplace
You are missing the point. We do only B2B business. You should ask for a refund from the company which sold you the product - MS in this case. It works like this with all stores and all developers, except for those selling at their own stores.
discostu987 wrote: Wednesday 28 Sep 2022, 21:44 useless static aircraft at the gates
That is your personal opinion. Others might not like interior modeling or animated vehicles but that neither makes them useless nor make us think they are useless.
discostu987 wrote: Wednesday 28 Sep 2022, 21:51 there should be a warning
No, there shouldn't. There are screenshots that show you exactly what the product looks like.

Also please note, that:
a) a product looks exactly as on promo shots and it was never mentioned that some elements of it could be removed (so MS might decline the refund request).
b) Marketplace installers are built by MS and cannot include options (never!); static aircraft in our products can only be removed in our own and ORBX's installers.
c) VATSIM and AI traffic do not care if static aircraft are present or not. In VATSIM you simply log in at a free stand and after landing request to taxi to a stand that is not occupied. AI will simply park next to static aircraft. There really is no problem with static aircraft.
airlinetycoon
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Andre

Post by airlinetycoon »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 19 Jul 2022, 05:48 With photogrammetry off you are basically making a P3D out of it and you will definitely see more bugs with our products too (like color compatibility with surrounding terrain). We have no intention of making our products compatible with the sim with photoreal terrain / photogrammetry off but we will definitely look into the tree issue there.
Is there an update on the tree issue? Photogrammetry in the Chicago Area is a performance nightmare. Please fix the problem.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid such a fix has not been provided yet - I will talk about this issue with my colleagues again.
Brianmac60
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Brian_MacMillan

Post by Brianmac60 »

I'm having an issue with KMDW where the display freezes for several seconds over the runway threshold (all runways). Specifically the PMDG 737. There are no addons in the area (such as Landmarks) and my settings have been turned down to low to eliminate the freezes. I have static aircraft turned off. KMDW was purchased 3rd party (not MSFS). Has anybody had this issue or reported and freezes like this. I really love this scenery and would like to figure this out. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
We will have a look at this in the following month. You say - all runways are affected?
Brianmac60
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Brian_MacMillan

Post by Brianmac60 »

Well....I did a reinstall of KMDW and the problem seems to have resolved itself. Always happy for an easy fix. Thanks for the response!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

That's great to hear :mrgreen:
wrld_bzr
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: ben

Post by wrld_bzr »

Hey, I recently purchased the Chicago Midway Scenery on the Microsoft Flight Simulator marketplace, when I tried to load into Midway, I was met with an error. My graphics card is a 2060 super. I was wondering if there is any fix to this. Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

No fix for this, because it's not caused by our scenery. It might be caused by many different reasons - PC specs, fault of GPU, high sim settings and/or demanding area with different addons installed in the sim for this area.

We do our best to optimize our sceneries as much as possible and for sure we will provide some updates in the future depending on the possibility of using and implementing new techniques.