Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Chicago Airports X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
We have no influence on AI traffic there. Perhaps a third-party AI-traffic manager could solve that, since all runways are kept active in the product.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

speecal wrote: Sunday 03 Apr 2022, 16:24 jetways to operate...through GSX and SODE
Do you activate them via Shift+D? They work without any issues - otherwise something is wrong with SODE in your case, which you can figure out by SODE manual (available here: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9)
abarath0204 wrote: Monday 04 Apr 2022, 03:22 (...)PMDG 737, im having trouble getting the updated runways in the FMC (...)
(...)doesnt recognize the ILS frequency(...)
FMC uses data from AIRAC, not from our scenery. Please update it, for example via Navigraph.
ILS frequency should be used from our AFCAD - I don't know which runway are you talking about and if you use the correct frequency, but theoretically it might be a problem if sim default ones interfere with ours. I suggest updating them via the donationware update for navaids and ILS data http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html or payware version - fsaerodata.
Al3XB

Re: Chicago Airports X - Dynamic Airport Lighting

Post by Al3XB »

In my p3dv5, my airport terminal dynamic lighting seems to be very weird in how it is displayed.
-There is no dynamic lighting at all
-There is this weird white area that has rough edges
-My aircraft don't have any reflections or reacts to the lighting at all.

This also repeats with other addon airports. Anything I can do to remedy this?

Thank you, Alex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid it's something very specific to your sim as I'm not able to replicate your issue - in my sim everything looks normal in the case of dynamic lighting.

Which p3d v5 do you have?
Should I understand that you have "dynamic lights" enabled in your sim settings and you ticked the right feature in our installer during the installation process?
Does this problem take place all the time or after arrival for instance?
Al3XB wrote: Monday 11 Apr 2022, 03:28 This also repeats with other addon airports.
Is it something referring to our sceneries only or do you have it in general?
There might also be the other addon, which interferes with our addon - the question is which might impact the lighting system.
Al3XB

Post by Al3XB »

I attempted to reinstall it and verified that dynamic lighting was turned on. To no avail.

-This issue isn’t just with your airports but in general.
-Dynamic lighting is turned on in P3D settings
-And it does take place all the time.

I’m not entirety sure, but i have an add-on from TDFI called RealLight which might conflict with the dynamic lighting.

I’ll see if disabling it will work.

Regards, Alex
Al3XB

Post by Al3XB »

Alright, I was able to remove the addon and reinstalled the airport.

The light now is received by the aircraft. Though this white covered area on the tarmac is still there. Is there at least a fix for that?

Regards, Alex.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I suggest removing the scenery folder and reinstall it from scratch with admin rights. To me, it looks more like "standard" (FSX-style) lights that were used earlier - if you see it in the other sceneries too, for me this is something probably caused by this other addon and you should contact its developer.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

I have installed Chicago Airports X in FSX sim. It appears to be placed the AFCAD, KMDW_ADE.BGL and KORD_ADE.BGL in the correct folder D:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Chicago X\Scenery but also the exact same AFCAD files are installed in D:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery folder. Is this normal to have duplicated AFCAD?
Pat
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Yes, this is correct.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Thursday 08 Sep 2022, 03:29 Hi.
Yes, this is correct.
Normally we shouldn't have AFCAD duplicated in the FSX sceneries. From my understanding is the folder FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery is only intended to place ALT files to resolve elevations.
I have KORD_ADE.bgl file in Chicago X folder and also the exact file in FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery folder. it doesn't make sense. Both files are AFCAD and the same file size. ADE identifies both as AFCAD.
The file KMDW_ADE.bgl same thing.
So, should I remove the Chicago X folder and reinstall it or just delete the files from FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery?
Pat
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi Pat, my understanding is that your question is reffering to some kind of issue / problem you are facing in the sim. Can you describe it, please? Is it something wrong with the scenery during your flights?
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 09 Sep 2022, 05:05 Hi Pat, my understanding is that your question is reffering to some kind of issue / problem you are facing in the sim. Can you describe it, please? Is it something wrong with the scenery during your flights?
My only concern is about the duplicated AFCAD files left by the installer regardless of the issues are present or not. But that's OK since the duplicated AFCAD were removed already from scenery\World\scenery folder and the airport scenery still amazing Artwork and working just fine.
Pat
Larry626
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Larry

Re: Installation Difficulty for KMDW

Post by Larry626 »

Today I purchased KMDW and due to the size of my FSX and subsequent add-ons - - I've moved my FSX to a larger drive within both my desktop and laptop computers. In both cases, I continue to get a message when trying to install this software...asking me to please select your main Microsoft Flight Simulator folder (the one where Community and Official folders are located)...

I direct it to my FSX (now located on Drive D) but it keeps bouncing back telling me to located my main FSX folder...when I close it out I get the message 'You need to select your Microsoft Flight Simulator folder else this installer cannot continue.'

I cannot be the only one who has moved their FSX from Drive 'C' to Drive 'D'...and I've searched my 'C' drive for anything on FSX. Any suggestions??
[Order #XXXXXXX] (November 5, 2022)
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

You write in the section referring to FSX and Chicago Airports X, but my understanding is that you have a problem with KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS, right?

Which store did you buy it from?

What our installer does, it searches for the UserCfg.opt file in the LocalCache and if not found, asks for a manual selection of the correct folder and saves that info into the registry.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The FSX installer searches for the fsx.exe file in that location. You may create a dummy file but it needs to be there.