Seattle Airports XP

Latest version: v1.2 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Seattle Airports XP

Post by DD Stanislaw »

KCMO wrote: Sunday 16 Oct 2022, 22:39I installed Seattle Airports over X-Plane 12. Everything looks great to me.
And this is precisely why any dedicated XP12 products seem pointless from the business point of view...
KCMO
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Ken

Post by KCMO »

How does that work?

Will you alone be checking your sceneries against XP12 to see if there are significant incompatibilities?

Or would you also benefit from us reporting any compatibility issues (or successes) in these forums?

P.S.
I'm guessing there are many of your customers who would not have a problem paying for XP12 updates.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It is actually quite simple:

X-Plane sales make 8-9% of our total sales. With the release of XP12, Laminar made it pretty clear that 3rd-Party devs are far from being their priorities. XP12 could have had a dedicated in-built store (like MSFS) but this idea was dropped. Also - most XP11 add-ons work "almost fine" in XP12, which also makes it impractical to a) release free updates for them; b) release payware updates for them.

We will probably release some native XP12 products in the future, but more like KEWR Newark that we are currently working on for MSFS, which is simply a next-level add-on. But this is also a fully-MSFS-native product, including a native PBR, multi-layer materials, sounds, animations etc. We haven't checked yet if most of this can be converted into XP12 format and looking at the picture above, you may see why. :wink:
KCMO
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Ken

Post by KCMO »

Thank you for explaining your business decision.
Usprinnce
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Usprince

Post by Usprinnce »

Hello! I need help, i bought the Seattle Airport XP two years ago, and I've decided to reinstall the package into my X-plane 11 but the Airport is missing, only the city showing. Can anyone help please?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello.

Have you installed it via automatic installer or manually from the zip file?

Have you also tried to rebuild the scenery-packs.ini after the installation?

What is your XP setting of the world number of objects? It has to be high.

If your problem still exists, please provide me with scenery_packs.ini and log.txt file (you can attach them here as a ZIP file). Please also let me know the version number, the full name of the installer and from which store it is.
rudima
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Rüdiger

Post by rudima »

Hallo,
I own your XP KSEA products and in principle I really like them .. ( aas I know Seattle ..).
However while I switched to XP12 and now moving "from EU to US/CAN"I have that isue with runway following terrain as well.
AND in XP12 there NO such option to "flatten" the runways ...
Do you have an idea how to do it in XP12 and do you plan a related update ?
(I have WED now, but don't know how to do it in there, as your airport is not a WED port.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

We haven't produced a single XP12-compatible product yet. Seattle Airports XP is not compatible with XP12.

We will not work on X-Plane sceneries to make them fit for version 12 - if at all, we will make fully new standalone XP12 products. So, we are not going to provide any fix for this particular scenery.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Our products are NOT compatible with XP12.
toadzemin
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Gershom

Post by toadzemin »

Hello I recently bought the Seattle Airports XP scenery and I am very impressed with the detail and attention that was put in this product. I would like to bring up a slight issue that I am having with this product, in some reviews of the airports there are animated vehicles such as the Link Light Rail and other related custom vehicles. However I didn't see any of these vehicles usually only in static setting. Is there any way to solve this?

System:

X-Plane 11.55r2 with Metal enabled

Intel Core i9-9880H

32GB of DDR4 RAM

macOS 14 "Sonoma"
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you confirm which airport from the package do you mean? Do you also have Seattle City XP?
toadzemin
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Gershom

Post by toadzemin »

Yes I also have the Seattle Cities Package.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you share which reviews do you mean and which custom vehicles? I'm afraid I need more details to check it and answer.