KEWR Newark MSFS

Latest version: v1.1 (2023)

SLR01
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Steve

Re: KEWR Newark MSFS

Post by SLR01 »

Hello. I purchased your KEWR scenery through ORBX. The scenery looks great but unfortunately, I'm running into some performance issues that I don't experience at your KDCA or KMDW sceneries or at other payware sceneries. I have an i7-10700, 32 GB of ram, a 3080 gpu, while running 1920x1080 resolution. I have mixed settings (a couple of ultra for clouds and off screen terrain pre-caching, but mostly medium and high). I also run FSLTL as my AI injector. With these settings, I will typically get 30-40 FPS with a smooth sim experience at other payware sceneries, including KDCA and KMDW. However, it drops to 15-20 when I'm at KEWR with massive stuttering. I know KEWR is a very large, detailed scenery but like I said, I don't seem to have these issues at other large, very detailed payware sceneries (KBOS, KDEN, KLAS, and KLAX just to name a few). I have tried lowering my graphic settings with zero improvement. The only thing that has seemed to help somewhat is to turn off the static aircraft at the airport and to lower my FSLTL default IFR aircraft setting from 90 to 20. When I do that, my FPS at KEWR increases to 20-25 with a little less stuttering, but still not smooth.

Have you heard of anyone else experiencing performance issues at KEWR? If so, are there any plans to try and further optimize the scenery? If not, is there anything else I can try to do on my end to improve performance while at KEWR?

Thank you for your time.

Steve
DMullert
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Dennis

Post by DMullert »

Hello Team. I can confirm that excluding KEWR from GSX solves the issue of the jetways appearing where they don't belong. Also......Please DD team......if you are bent on including statics, please give us an option to deactivate them and make those gates usable. Very few people these days are into statics - it's an immersion killer.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

SLR01 wrote: Sunday 18 Dec 2022, 13:36 If so, are there any plans to try and further optimize the scenery?
We did many performance tests during the last few weeks and we had a feeling that we did as much optimization as possible. Even if this is a rather demanding area, this scenery includes our best optimization solutions all, which was confirmed by many positive reviews that we got during the last hours. Your specs look very good and you shouldn't see such a big fps drop or stutterings. 25-30 should be the lowest. Are you sure that you don't have any conflicting files or other scenery for this area? Have you tried to remove Content.xml if it exists, rebuild SceneryIndexes and clear Rolling Cache, and install the scenery again?
psolov
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by psolov »

Thanks for clarifying the discount, I just went back and looked at the Simmarket page and missed the part about “EWR Extract.” Makes sense since that package was a bundle discount anyway. I’ll see how long I can hold out!

Cheers, Pete
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

DMullert wrote: Sunday 18 Dec 2022, 15:11, please give us an option to deactivate them and make those gates usable. Very few people these days are into statics - it's an immersion killer.
You should ask the Marketplace team for such a feature because it's available via our installer or Orbx installer. Secondly, we have one of the best-looking and best-optimized statics in the sim industry, which are very appreciated by the vast majority of users.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

psolov wrote: Sunday 18 Dec 2022, 15:14 I’ll see how long I can hold out!
We recommend observing our special actions/offers.

viewtopic.php?t=132
SLR01
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Steve

Post by SLR01 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Sunday 18 Dec 2022, 15:12
We did many performance tests during the last few weeks and we had a feeling that we did as much optimization as possible. Even if this is a rather demanding area, this scenery includes our best optimization solutions all, which was confirmed by many positive reviews that we got during the last hours. Your specs look very good and you shouldn't see such a big fps drop or stutterings. 25-30 should be the lowest. Are you sure that you don't have any conflicting files or other scenery for this area? Have you tried to remove Content.xml if it exists, rebuild SceneryIndexes and clear Rolling Cache, and install the scenery again?
I appreciate the quick response. I do have FeelThere's KLGA installed as well. Maybe that scenery is causing some conflict with yours? I will uninstall their scenery as well as follow your suggested tips and report back. Thank you!

Steve
almostatys
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by almostatys »

Hello!
These 3 buildings are missing from the scenery.

https://imgur.com/a/zTGjSLP
DMullert
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by DMullert »

After looking at several KEWR satellite images online, it appears that indeed, there are 2 terminals missing, which is why GSX insisted on showing those gates after all. Not sure the issue is with GSX but rather, the actual two terminal units missing from the scenery.
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: FrequentFlyer

Post by FrequentFlyer »

I think they were trying to make the scenery futureproof as these buildings are being demolished right now.
DFWSupertrooper
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

If you look at the new charts those terminals have been demolished. It’s likely that the satellite photo was taken before that stage of the construction. I believe those do not exist anymore.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

SLR01 wrote: Sunday 18 Dec 2022, 13:36 i7-10700, 32 GB of ram, a 3080 gpu, while running 1920x1080 resolution. (...) I will typically get 30-40 FPS (...) it drops to 15-20 when I'm at KEWR with massive stuttering (...) lower my FSLTL default IFR aircraft setting from 90 to 20. When I do that, my FPS at KEWR increases to 20-25
Hi. Your specs vs screen resolution are very good and you should get much higher FPS values. According to our tests, FPS drop vs default KEWR scenery should be around 10-15% on runways, ~20-25% on aprons, and up to 35% when parked at gates. I am not sure what FPS impact FSLTL has but the % values above were consistent during tests on various machines including those with 3080s. You may try testing your performance with just a default KEWR scenery in similar traffic/weather conditions to see the actual FPS drop.
SLR01 wrote: Sunday 18 Dec 2022, 15:54 I do have FeelThere's KLGA installed as well
For a sake of the test, you may uninstall it too (temporarily) as it is close enough to influence KEWR area. The idea is to see what you get on a "clean", default sim.
almostatys wrote: Sunday 18 Dec 2022, 18:41 These 3 buildings are missing from the scenery.
Hi. As already mentioned in a comment above, our product features a fully functional new A terminal and a partly-demolished old A terminal (it will be fully demolished later on). This is consistent with many visualizations of KEWR development.

DMullert
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by DMullert »

Thanks for the heads-up on the future-proof approach to the scenery. The GSX team now needs to be informed - LOL

Cheers.

Dennis
almostatys
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by almostatys »

DFWSupertrooper wrote: Monday 19 Dec 2022, 02:49 If you look at the new charts those terminals have been demolished. It’s likely that the satellite photo was taken before that stage of the construction. I believe those do not exist anymore.
Those buildings are still there. I saw a landing video on youtube that was taken in December 2022. BTW airplanes are still parked there. Check Flightradar!
DFWSupertrooper
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

OK, charts indicate the buildings may be there but the area is marked CLOSED, so not sure if Flight Radar is tracking by gate number only (which are all located at the new Terminal A) or what...I guess the charts could be THAT wrong but that seems unlikely. I see Flight Radar's map does not show the new Terminal A at all, only the old buildings still in place and some A/C nearby (which could be in transit to/from the new building adjacent).