KDCA Washington National MSFS

Latest version: v1.4 (2023)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: KDCA Washington National MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

I will put this suggestion on our list so that maybe during the next update, we will make the adjustment if possible. On the other hand, please also take into consideration the fact that the lighting topic is very individual and that depends on different graphic cards, monitor settings, graphic settings, etc.
bratan33
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Bratan

Post by bratan33 »

I tried to do an ILS approach last night to runway 1 using Flybywire's experimental version of their A32NX, but the ILS never activated. I verified that the correct frequency was showing in the RAD NAV page in the MCDU. To see if it was an issue with Flybywire, I did a flight this morning to LVFR's KMIA and was able to pick up the ILS for runway 9, using the same experimental version of the A32NX I used last night. Has anyone else had this issue?

------------------------------------
https://www.prolom.com/x/pl/
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

No, we do not have such an experience and as far as I remember, we didn't touch nav points. Have you ever tried with any other aircraft or default one?
Awemeter
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: Awemeter

Post by Awemeter »

Another GSX conflict at gate 51. Static cart is blocking the bag belt and causes the bag carts to go through it.
temp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your report - the point is that we already removed many objects/vehicles to have no conflict with GSX pushbacks. To be fully compatible with GSX we probably would need to remove 80% of them, which is not the right approach - not all users use GSX. Last but not least - please remember that the exact spot of such a service as luggage handling/ramp is not fully known, because it depends on the aircraft of the user.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
You may also consider using Cartayna Files product for the complete compatibility.
clements
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: CaptnBob

Post by clements »

For those that purchased KDCA through the Marketplace, I have made the following mod that removes the static aircraft from the gates and ramps: https://flightsim.to/file/52655/drzewic ... c-aircraft.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I assume that it doesn't modify any of our files and as the result doesn't break our copyrights. However, we do not take any responsibility and User does so at their own risk. We do not troubleshoot or provide any support relating to malfunctioning scripts.
DanimalAV
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Dan

Post by DanimalAV »

It would be nice if Drzewiecki Design provided an option to exclude static aircraft from their products to have all gates available for use. I enjoy mirroring real world flights from gate to gate and having a handful of gates at major airports as non-selectable in GSX is unfortunate. I appreciate that not everyone uses GSX or another traffic add-on but I suspect the same simmers who do are primarily the ones spending the most buying these highly detailed airports. Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - we will consider all the pros and cons of such an option.
mmatga2me99
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: MMATGA2ME99

Post by mmatga2me99 »

DanimalAV wrote: Thursday 06 Apr 2023, 23:16 It would be nice if Drzewiecki Design provided an option to exclude static aircraft from their products to have all gates available for use. I enjoy mirroring real world flights from gate to gate and having a handful of gates at major airports as non-selectable in GSX is unfortunate. I appreciate that not everyone uses GSX or another traffic add-on but I suspect the same simmers who do are primarily the ones spending the most buying these highly detailed airports. Thanks
Apparently, this is already an option on their orbx distribution (See attachment)

By the way, absolutely stunning airport, and gives me a reason to stop into DC from time to time. Love all the little subtle details added into the airport which make it more alive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

mmatga2me99 wrote: Thursday 13 Apr 2023, 06:50 absolutely stunning airport
Thanks a lot for your very kind words!
browns5011
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Mike

Post by browns5011 »

Hello!

I had a similar issue today with the latest version of KDCA (v1.4 from SimMarket). ATC gave me rwy 17 (which doesn't exist) vice 19 and omitted any taxi routing. I replaced the KDCA_PLC.bgl file from your previous post and it solved both issues immediately. Thank you!

I did want to ask... does the older KDCA_PLC.bgl file change anything outside of the rwy & taxi issue for v1.4 (e.g. take away anything new)?

Again, thank you for your time and help!!

Best Regards,
Mike

P.S. LOVE EETN!!! GREAT WORK!!! I have been there a couple of times; spent several extra hours their once with an Air Baltic APU fire & emergency evac.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 09 Feb 2023, 13:26 I'm afraid it might be caused by the custom invisible runway, which was created by us as a workaround to create the 2nd PAPI lights.

(...) as soon as we find a better solution, we will provide it in the updated version.
browns5011
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Mike

Post by browns5011 »

Roger and thanks!!!