KEWR Newark MSFS

Latest version: v1.1 (2023)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: KEWR Newark MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

KEWR should be installed and then you can update gates & jetways.
piedmonitor
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: piedmonitor

Post by piedmonitor »

How can I turn off the sounds from inside the terminal, please?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

From which store do you have your scenery version? It might not be possible with the Marketplace version.
Why do you want to disable them?
piedmonitor
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: piedmonitor

Post by piedmonitor »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 10 Feb 2023, 19:32 From which store do you have your scenery version? It might not be possible with the Marketplace version.
Why do you want to disable them?
Simmarket.

To be honest, they're obnoxious and unnecessary, and also you can hear them far too loudly outside of the building. You shouldn't be able to hear them outside at all, really. You ever heard how loud an APU or a GPU is? Let alone a jet engine. But if other people want them, fine I guess, but it's not something I ever would have even thought to want, so I'd really like to turn them off.

For that matter, I wish the version without the detailed interior just made the windows opaque with nothing inside at all to save even more FPS. Would much rather have no interior at all to worry about.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

You can just remove the sound files from simobjects/landmarks.
moe3295
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Mo

Post by moe3295 »

I have recently bought the KEWR for £20 on xbox axpecting to get what YOU guys have advertised. Instead I get a downgraded version with barely any interior modelling, no animations and a small number cars outside. Its much worse than what the photos and videos have shown me. If you have trouble optimising for xbox that's YOUR fault for releasing it on xbox in the first place. I am extremely annoyed since its £20 and I can't get a refund. What a joke.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Please bear in mind that Xbox is rather weak in terms of performance, especially if we compare it with modern PCs, which still have a challenge with many advanced sceneries for MSFS. Otherwise, you will face constant problems with CTD in Xbox (as it happened before).
desouza7
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: JD

Post by desouza7 »

I have no problem with a lighter version, although some of your other airports have worked fine. The issue I’m having is the outdoor textures aren’t even showing up, only the jetways. This is on my Series S and I haven’t had a chance to check on my Series X, but will tonight.

I’d assume that this is not expected and the outdoor textures should be showing up, even with a lighter version to make it compatible, is that correct?
moe3295
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Mo

Post by moe3295 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 11 Mar 2023, 22:38 Please bear in mind that Xbox is rather weak in terms of performance, especially if we compare it with modern PCs, which still have a challenge with many advanced sceneries for MSFS. Otherwise, you will face constant problems with CTD in Xbox (as it happened before).
Is this my issue? No. I read the description of YOUR own product on the xbox store. How was I meant to know it was downgraded? Its your fault for releasing a sub par version of an airport in the first place and advertising with all the features in the description that ARNET present. There are many incredibly detailed airports on xbox so it can be done. Honestly what a scam. If it doesn't work on xbox DONT RELEASE IT ON XBOX. Simple. And to think I spent £20 on this and can't even get a refund
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

desouza7 wrote: Saturday 11 Mar 2023, 23:03 the outdoor textures aren’t even showing up, only the jetways.
Can you elaborate or show it somehow here?

Our products are add-ons to the main app and so far this couldn't be tested by us. A few days ago it was announced by Microsoft that Marketplace Partners will be finally able to do their own testing and sign off on the functionality of all content they submit for release, which might be a significant improvement allowing us to take ownership of our content’s functional testing. Let's see.
moe3295 wrote: Saturday 11 Mar 2023, 18:05 what YOU guys have advertised
It's advertised by the Marketplace store as they are the only vendor of Xbox versions. This store is also the entity to which the refund request should be addressed. In the description of the Marketplace, there should be appropriate information as a warning in two places. If it's not, probably Marketplace didn't implement the new description. Secondly, so far we have not been able to test our sceneries in Xbox, so we decided to provide the light version to see if the previously-reported problems have been eliminated. If it works, we will think about adding more features that are our standard in the PC version.
desouza7
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by desouza7 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Sunday 12 Mar 2023, 08:05
desouza7 wrote: Saturday 11 Mar 2023, 23:03 the outdoor textures aren’t even showing up, only the jetways.
Can you elaborate or show it somehow here?

Our products are add-ons to the main app and so far this couldn't be tested by us. A few days ago it was announced by Microsoft that Marketplace Partners will be finally able to do their own testing and sign off on the functionality of all content they submit for release, which might be a significant improvement allowing us to take ownership of our content’s functional testing. Let's see.
When I load into the sim at KEWR at Terminal C for example, it will take a few seconds to load the terminal (which can be normal on the XBox). However instead of showing the walls and building of the terminal itself, I only see the jetways and the rest of the textures are missing, so I see the ground instead.

I’ll see if I can get some screenshots and share. I also need to test it on my XBSX since I haven’t had as many issues on that system vs the XBSS.

I haven’t had any issues with your other airports outside of CTDs at times (Midway, Renton, Dulles) so I know you do great work and it does work on the XBox. This just seems like a weird issue with the textures missing for some reason.
desouza7
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by desouza7 »

I hope you can see these photos, but here is the missing textures for Terminal C:

Terminal B which is mostly fine:

And Terminal A which shows most of the roof, but is missing the wall and inside textures:

The other issues with Terminal A include the jetways disappearing at a very close distance, so you only see the one or two next to you. Also all of the usual textures for inside each terminal are missing. I just checked your KDCA Reagan airport on the same XBox and it loads fine and looks amazing. So might be an issue with the version of KEWR that Microsoft has in the Marketplace maybe?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

desouza7 wrote: Sunday 12 Mar 2023, 09:30 might be an issue with the version of KEWR that Microsoft has in the Marketplace maybe?
Might be indeed - thanks for sharing. We will try to take a look in order to confirm your report/bugs.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi guys.
Regarding the bug - all Xbox products are tested by the Marketplace team prior to release. We have no way of testing Xbox products - we test them on PC only. If they cleared a product - we assume it works without any bugs on Xbox. The issue you see may be a conflict with another software, for example on the PC version a 3rd party program used to remove half of our buildings. Please search for any conflicts first as this is the most likely cause.

Regarding the Xbox downgrade - yes, it was planned right from the beginning as Xbox is very unstable with complex sceneries. We have provided multiple warning notes, a different set if screenshots and even a downgraded price. MS informed us that we can’t make a different price but apparently the Xbox product description did not make it to the Marketplace either, so you got no warning notes. I fully agree this should not have happened and this has already been reported to the Marketplace team.

Please keep in mind that we cannot test Xbox products prior to release so we have published the simpliest version possible to get some feedback. If the performance is very good, we absolutely can add more content like detailed interiors, but first we need to know how the product performs.
desouza7
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by desouza7 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Sunday 12 Mar 2023, 10:58 Hi guys.
Regarding the bug - all Xbox products are tested by the Marketplace team prior to release. We have no way of testing Xbox products - we test them on PC only. If they cleared a product - we assume it works without any bugs on Xbox. The issue you see may be a conflict with another software, for example on the PC version a 3rd party program used to remove half of our buildings. Please search for any conflicts first as this is the most likely cause.

Regarding the Xbox downgrade - yes, it was planned right from the beginning as Xbox is very unstable with complex sceneries. We have provided multiple warning notes, a different set if screenshots and even a downgraded price. MS informed us that we can’t make a different price but apparently the Xbox product description did not make it to the Marketplace either, so you got no warning notes. I fully agree this should not have happened and this has already been reported to the Marketplace team.

Please keep in mind that we cannot test Xbox products prior to release so we have published the simpliest version possible to get some feedback. If the performance is very good, we absolutely can add more content like detailed interiors, but first we need to know how the product performs.
I did have another 3rd party KEWR installed previously, which I deleted before installing your version. I will try to do a clean install and see if that helps and report back. Like I said it is weird because all of your other airports I’ve downloaded work great and have no texture issues, but will try it again on a clean install and let you know if that works.