Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

Haggu
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Callum

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by Haggu »

Yeah, performance wasn't too bad for me on 1.2 but I prefer how the lighting looks for 1.3. Just a shame that running at 1080p will no longer allow the skyline to be lit up unless I'm fairly close to the city (not all of us have 4k monitors or can run at 4k sadly). I understand the intention though and if it's helping those who were previously having problems, fair enough. It's just unfortunate because it was otherwise doing what I wanted before. I'd consider rolling back to 1.2 but yeah, prefer that new lighting style and I'd hate to stay stuck on 1.2 and miss out on any future updates. I hear the changes to Seattle landmarks does the same thing too so unfortunately I've had to hold off on buying that (despite having wanted it for a while). Having city lights pop in suddenly at close range just breaks immersion for me. That's just my 2 cents anyway.
blackskyefour
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: JD

Post by blackskyefour »

I fly airliners solely in VR, in v1.3 I have no skyline textures on approach to KORD, nor on the ground at KMDW. I had these textures in v1.2. I have tried increasing in-sim VR LOD but it does not help, even at max 400. I love the new night textures but cannot see them until I am directly above the skyline, so v1.3 is of little use to me. I purchased on Orbx Central, so there's no way to revert to v1.2?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
captbillybob
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Tony

Post by captbillybob »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Sunday 05 Mar 2023, 05:15 Hello.
It is possible if you have the previous installer backup up on your hard drive.
Please make it an option to revert to 1.2. I wasn't having a performance problem and the textures don't show up when departing and landing KMDW.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Guys, please stop kidding. There is no way to revert to previous versions of products and it is totally pointless.
We will look into the LOD issue related to medium LODs appearing too late but that requires some more testing.
On the screenshots above I see that you are quite close to the downtown and the lowest LOD is active. We will do some more tests on 1080p settings.
kilotango
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Kevin

Post by kilotango »

Hello, I've purchased this scenery from simmarket and have run the installer, assuming that installs and activates the product. However, when I load the sim up in MDW, it looks like the default MDW still. Jetways don't have any airline branding, no static aircrafts etc. Is there anything I'm missing that I haven't done?
PiotrMKG
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: PiotrMKG

Post by PiotrMKG »

kilotango wrote: Monday 20 Mar 2023, 01:26 Hello, I've purchased this scenery from simmarket and have run the installer, assuming that installs and activates the product. However, when I load the sim up in MDW, it looks like the default MDW still. Jetways don't have any airline branding, no static aircrafts etc. Is there anything I'm missing that I haven't done?
Landmarks and Midway airport are two separate products. Landmarks gives U buildings in the city, for airport U need this https://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodKMDW_MSFS.htm
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Exactly - you wrote in the thread about Chicago Landmarks MSFS, but you mentioned KMDW. These are two different products - please specify which one was bought by you and thus you are referring to.

P.S. Piotr, thanks for your support.
blackskyefour
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by blackskyefour »

Still hoping for a v1.3 LOD fix at some point...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Is it related to VR only? In your previous post you mentioned that you fly airliners solely in VR.
blackskyefour
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by blackskyefour »

Correct I do fly solely in VR, however I just spent some time testing in 2D. I did get most textures in 2D, with the exception of three skyscrapers...

One Prudential Plaza
Two Prudential Plaza
Aon Center

These three skyscrapers had no textures even in 2D, until I was very close to downtown. I tested multiple times, from multiple angles.

So it does appear to be a texture or LOD issue in VR on my system, but I did not have this problem with v1.2

My system is 10900KF, RTX 3090, Varjo Aero, MSFS VR Terrain LOD 150, Object LOD 200
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi. We've never tested our sceneries with VR and I'm not sure if we are going to follow this direction. We have been also focused to ensure a compromises between performance and quality, especially for the people having weaker hardware. I will note your comments, so we will be able to take a look into this when the new version will be planned.
fppilot
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: fppilot

Post by fppilot »

I am writing to make a request for a credit or voucher to move my license/registration for Chicago Landmarks from the MSFS Marketplace to another supply source where I will be able to get proper support for upgrades from you. I have an email address within my registration to this site. Please provide the information in a message to that email address. The most recent Chicago Landmarks update has after several weeks still not found its way to the MSFS Marketplace but for considerable time has been available elsewhere where I also have accounts.

I request zero response content of finger pointing toward either side to expllain away responsiblility for the delay. I am not seeing such delays for other developer products. I just want the update, and an reliable channel for timely future updates. Chicago Landmarks is the only of several of your products that I acquired through the MS Store channel.

Thanking you in advance,
Frank (fppilot)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.

\Please note, that most delays were caused by the MS team doing all the testing. Lately, this has been transferred to the developers themselves so hopefully, the publishing time will take about 2-3 weeks instead of 3 months. Chicago Landmarks update was sign-off for the release and will be published according to the MS plan.
FLYLI
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jim

Post by FLYLI »

Hi,

I just checked out the most recent update on xbox. The new lighting looks great, and the optimizations seem to have helped. The Meigs field issue is better, as the runways are there now instead of a swamp. However, the direct area around the runways is still a mess. There are buildings there that should have been removed, buildings that seem to float, even the marina boats are a bit messy.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing it several times. Turned off the xbox, etc.... but still the same issue.

Regards,

Jim
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid we had no chance to make any testing with the Xbox version - so far such testing could have been done by Asobo/Marketplace team only. As Meigs is not a real airport, it's necessary to set up the priority between two different addons, which seems to not be possible in Xbox.