RJAA Tokyo Narita MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: RJAA Tokyo Narita MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

I can only presume that it's static plane - have you deactivate statics via scenery config manager?
kazt
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Kaz

Post by kazt »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Wednesday 26 Apr 2023, 13:56 As Martin said - it is hard to predict, but with new testing procedures implemented this should take about 2-3 weeks.
Arrived in the in-game Content Manager today.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Indeed. :)
But we are still making minor fixes to the Xbox version.
tommydude2002
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Tommy

Post by tommydude2002 »

How do I get the GSX VDGS working properly at RJAA? I've tried both the freeware on flightsim.to and Cartayna file after update 1.3.0. The VDGS for both of the profiles are floating in the air. It only happens at the stand I spawn at and the two right next to it. If I use external view I can see the VDGS are positioned correctly 2 stands to the left and to the right.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Please report this to Cartayna. I am sure they will fix all the issues ASAP.
Wiseman
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Johannes

Post by Wiseman »

I've just returned to use RJAA (bought from Marketplace long time ago) this 25 August 2023. Did a flight arriving at RJAA - which ended up CTD when I am about to approach TYLER to ILS34R. Curious, I tried 3 more flights, all ended up CTD whenever I am about to approach the transition waypoint (including one time GEMIN to ILSY16L).

In order to make sure that it wasn't the airplane (Kuro 787-8 and Fenix A320), I tried to spawn in RJAA gate, using all jets, from PMDG 737NGs, Fenix A320, FBW A32NX, and WT's 787-10, all of them ended up CTD after 10-20 minutes of successful loading.

The last time I managed to arrive in RJAA without crash is back in May 2023.

There was a weird big white patch of unloaded CGL textures around the Narita that sporadically appears (which eventually was loaded), but this has happened before without crashing.
I did install Cartayna Drzewiecki Design airports sometime in June 2023.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, are we talking about the PC version or Xbox? Have you tried to reduce the graphic settings to see if there is any difference? In the meantime there might have been many changes - your settings could have been changed, GPU drivers could have been updated as well as MSFS provided some updates. Have you maybe installed any other sceneries that might have an impact on this region too? So far you are the only one reporting such an issue for Narita, so it might be something related to your individual specs.
Wiseman
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Wiseman »

I am using PC version (the XBOX ones cannot use custom mods like Kuro 787-8).

My current suspicion is probably the AI Traffic injectors (both FSLTL and AIG) - running without them doesn't result in any CTD.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

It's not a known issue for us. Have you already asked FSLTL about any suggestions? Maybe you need to reduce the setting that generates AI because, in theory, it might have a significant impact on the performance and some kind of memory issues.
GLEX
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Myles

Post by GLEX »

A line is missing from the taxiway "S6 to C" at RJAA Narita Airport Could you improve this part in the next update?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Ok, noted on the to-do list.
Wiseman
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Wiseman »

Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 02 Sep 2023, 05:22 It's not a known issue for us. Have you already asked FSLTL about any suggestions? Maybe you need to reduce the setting that generates AI because, in theory, it might have a significant impact on the performance and some kind of memory issues.
Yes, this is reported and AIG has confirmed that it is indeed AI Traffic issue, not the scenery's fault at all.

Without traffic, I managed to successfully took off and loiter around RJAA for 30 minutes without crash.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for sharing.
ddobagi810
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: DDoBaGi810

I bought RJAA. But VDGS does not fit.

Post by ddobagi810 »

I bought RJAA
But VDGS does not fit.
You guys say to buy CartaynaFiles.
Why should I buy CartaynaFiles just because of RJAA?
It's not like you guys were selling it as a RJAA + CartaynaFiles set to begin with.

After RJAA 1.3 patch, I needed CartaynaFiles because of VDGS.
You are asking me to pay again.

What you should be doing is not asking me to buy CartaynaFiles.
RJAA's VDGS in its normal place, even if you don't buy CartaynaFiles.
without buying CartaynaFiles.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Well, VDGS is NOT part of the default MSFS features. By default, MSFS only has human marshalls for your parking guidance. So the VDGS features depend on which system the developer of a particular airport uses. In the case of our products, you can use the GSX Pro plugin, but you need to have the respective profile. CartaynaFiles gives you the ability to get such one, but this is not the requirement - VDGS is only an additional feature, so it's not true that "we're asking you to pay for it".