Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

fort384
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: fort384

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by fort384 »

Hmm. Is there any plan to revisit this? I only fly in VR. I have scenery from many other developers that loads fine. Or is it possible to get a refund if there is no intent to look at VR?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

We've never promoted it as VR-compatible. However, you can apply for a refund, but you need to do it in your shop directly.
fort384
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by fort384 »

Neither does anybody else but their scenery works in VR. Rather what I might suggest is including it the description “not compatible with VR”. At any rate, it’s a shame as you guys make some nice scenery. KEWR seems to work much better but it too is a little glitchy. Best of luck.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

fort384 wrote: Sunday 04 Jun 2023, 01:18 their scenery works in VR
Well, it *works* in VR, although with some differencies. Which other "Landmarks" products did you test in VR? Is there a specific resolution that you use for VR?
fort384
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by fort384 »

I guess the only other landmarks would be FlyTampa’s LAS. I was The rest of my addons are airports only. You guys seem to make some really high quality addons and I hope you choose to consider VR for the future. It’s not an insignificant segment of the MSFS community and as I said there are other developers who seem to have cracked the ability to make their addons work across platforms.
NJFlyer606

Post by NJFlyer606 »

Having some LOD issues here that may cause me to uninstall this completely. Can anything be done about this weird issue with white buildings downtown when at a distance? Is there a workaround, or have I misconfigured something? I've tried reinstalling several times and messed with priority in Package Reorder Tool, but still the downtown area has no texture at all when at a distance. You have to be within a few miles to see any of the downtown buildings as normal. This completely kills it for me when on approach into ORD.
FlightSimulator 2024-01-02 19-33-56.jpg
FlightSimulator 2024-01-02 19-34-31.jpg
FlightSimulator 2024-01-02 19-34-58.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, can you confirm that you have the last version? From which store? Is it a PC version? With or without VR? Is it in 4k or 1080p? What are your sim settings?

We optimized LOD for a better performance in v1.3 indeed. Theoretically, we might look into the LOD issue related to medium LODs appearing too late, but it might be challenging to find a golden middle for everyone.
NJFlyer606

Post by NJFlyer606 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 03 Jan 2024, 20:24 Hi, can you confirm that you have the last version? From which store? Is it a PC version? With or without VR? Is it in 4k or 1080p? What are your sim settings?

We optimized LOD for a better performance in v1.3 indeed. Theoretically, we might look into the LOD issue related to medium LODs appearing too late, but it might be challenging to find a golden middle for everyone.
Hi Martin, sorry for the delay. This is the latest version from the Orbx Store (v1.3.0). This is PC, no VR, 1440p with a 150 render scale, TLOD and OLOD set to 100. I did notice that changing OLOD to 200 increases the distance that textures on the buildings are visible, but eventually they still revert to all white buildings. I'm noticing the same behavior with Seattle Landmarks as well. Night textures are also affected, so the buildings remain completely dark and then all the textures pop in suddenly. I don't notice this issue with any other city addons I have.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

These LODs may need to be optimized again because Asobo changes these values occasionally during updates and may be too low. It's on a to-do list and we will take care of it as soon as time allows us to do so.