Latest version: v1.2 (2023)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: EETN Tallinn MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

EETN for Xbox has been updated lately.
Have you seen any improvement on the S series?
Pavel Andreew
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: PalAndreew

Post by Pavel Andreew »

Thank you very much for the work done.
As soon as I found out that my hometown was already available for download, I immediately made a purchase.
I never regret it!
I am very embarrassed to ask you about this, but will there be further support and development of the city of Tallinn (EETN) in the future?
namely, I would like to know whether there are plans to install/construct the building “Pikk Hermann(Long Hermann)”, which is also the most important building of the Parliament of the Republic of Estonia (Riigikogu).
I give myself the countdown and understanding that the task is not very easy, and I can wait any amount of time until such an opportunity arises.
It’s just that I recently flew with my Sister on a “Tourist” Cessna on a flyover course over the old city, and I can say without a doubt that the building stands out very much.
Moreover, the original model from Asobo (or rather procedurally generated) even evokes a slight desire to laugh - the tower is even 5 times lower than in reality.
Thank you very much for your attention.
(PS! I spent a couple of hours reading the rules, and also looked through your forums, and could not find questions on the topic “Long Hermann”. I hope I didn’t cause problems or break the rules) :oops:
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Firstly, thanks a lot for your very kind words - it's good that our job is appreciated.
At the moment we have no plans to change anything in this product.
What can I do is to note your comment on a to-do list for the future - if we do any changes in EETN in the future, we will consider adding this building.
Pavel Andreew
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: PalAndreew

Post by Pavel Andreew »

I am truly grateful for your attention!
And I want to thank you again for the great work you have done!
some "Screenshots" caused genuine delight and bewilderment among my friends: the first impression was that it was simple - live photographed landscapes of Tallinn From smatphone camera.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you, we are glad you enjoy our product!
AMS92
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Alex

Post by AMS92 »

Hello,

I've just bought EETN through the MSFS store and have spawned in for the first time. I've noticed that 1/4 of the way up runway 26 there's a large square raised area which makes using the runway impossible. I've also found that your custom jetways aren't showing and instead the default MSFS jetways are there. As far as I'm aware I'm not using any other scenery add ons that should be affecting Tallinn. I've deleted cache and retried. I'd be grateful for your advice.

Kind regards
Alex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

AMS92 wrote: Saturday 14 Oct 2023, 18:23 a large square raised area which makes using the runway impossible.
Hi, it shouldn't be there. Do you have v1.1 installed? Have you tried to use the Reorder Tool to set a higher priority?
AMS92 wrote: Saturday 14 Oct 2023, 18:23 instead the default MSFS jetways are there
Don't you use GSX Pro maybe? In such a case it's recommended to exclude the airport in this addon.
WildLynxPilot
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: WildLynxPilot

Re: EETN Tallinn MSFS - remove ships?

Post by WildLynxPilot »

There are some static ships in the Tallin harbour that I think bekongs to the EETN scenery? How can I remove them - they interfere with another add-on that I am testing?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

We didn't foresee such an option. Theoretically, I can check if it's possible to deactivate a file including them (if you have our installer, not the installer of our vendor), but generally, we do not recommend doing this.
WildLynxPilot
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by WildLynxPilot »

There is a live ship addon in the works where the ships move based on real-time AIS data. So there should be no static ships in the harbours. Please, make it possible to remove the ships (or remove them altogether - those bulky Asobo ships are not looking very real :roll: )...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This does not seem to be a popular addon though (never heard of it) and we prefer the harbors not to be empty, hence static ship models.
WildLynxPilot
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by WildLynxPilot »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Friday 20 Oct 2023, 03:23 This does not seem to be a popular addon though (never heard of it) and we prefer the harbors not to be empty, hence static ship models.
Oh? You never heard of GAIST (Global AI Ship Traffic)? Take a look at the thread on FSdeveloper.com here: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threa ... ost-916481 Or take a look at the 96-page thread on AVSIM: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5898 ... s/page/96/ So, as far as I know it is a very popular addon! And there is, as I mentioned, a real-time version in the works...

I am currently modeling the ships going between Tallinn and Helsinki and will continue with some other ships sailing in the Baltics. Here a couple of examples of my models as they currently look in Blender:

Quite a lot better suited for the Tallinn harbour than the current static monsters... 8)

So, I repeat: Please, make it possible to remove the static ships!!!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The models above are not much better than MSFS's default. We will see what we can do in the next update.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

It seems that MSFS is going to not be a flight simulator only :P
As Stanislaw said, your request is already noted and will be considered.
FlyFive
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: FlyFive

Post by FlyFive »

Hello,

First of all thank you very much for your rendition of EETN!

I have a question regarding the scenery. I noticed that the radar station that is located next to the airport https://www.google.com/maps/@59.4051955 ... ?entry=ttu is completely missing from the satellite and instead is covered with trees. This is weird since it is visible with the default Bing maps and was always there in your previous add-ons. Is there a chance to bring it back?

Moreover, I have noticed that many of your city landmarks lose colors and turn white when the snowy weather is selected. Is there a way to fix it?

And as a side request, is there a chance you can add some more building into the city? My top suggestion, for its height and visibility would be the Arter Kvartal https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=26 ... 2085296887. Technically it still under construction but the facade is pretty much done at this point.