Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

GreyEdge
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Christopher

Re: NY Airports v2 X

Post by GreyEdge »

Hi,

Just joined, can anyone help me? I just purchased NY Airports v2 X for my FSX:SE (I know, I'm a dinosaur...), and the jetways are not showing up in my game. I have SODE and everything seemed to download fine, but the jetways are not appearing at any airports.

Thanks!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi,

For FSX Steam there are 2 options in the installer - Microsoft Flight Simulator X or FSX Steam Edition (Dual Mode only). Which one have you chosen to install our scenery?

Have you tried to reinstall the last version of SODE? Does your SODE works properly for the other airports? If yes, have you tried to reinstall our scenery with admin rights?

If it doesn't work for you, you can generate a log file from SODE, which should indicate what is happening in your case.
GreyEdge
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by GreyEdge »

Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 16 Oct 2023, 06:08 Hi,

For FSX Steam there are 2 options in the installer - Microsoft Flight Simulator X or FSX Steam Edition (Dual Mode only). Which one have you chosen to install our scenery?

Have you tried to reinstall the last version of SODE? Does your SODE works properly for the other airports? If yes, have you tried to reinstall our scenery with admin rights?

If it doesn't work for you, you can generate a log file from SODE, which should indicate what is happening in your case.
Hi Martin,

I installed the scenery for FSX Steam Edition (Dual Mode). Should I have done it for Microsoft Flight Simulator X instead?

And yes, I have the latest version of SODE. I don't really have any payware sceneries, so I can't speak as to how it works with other airports.

I've attached the SODE install and log below.

I appreciate the help!!
SODE Log.JPG
SODE.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

GreyEdge wrote: Tuesday 17 Oct 2023, 01:15 Flight Simulator X or FSX Steam Edition (Dual Mode only)
Yes, you should choose Flight Simulator X. The second option should be choosen if you have both FSX and FSX:SE installed (=dual mode).
Please reinstall the scenery with admin rights and then reinstall SODE.
GreyEdge
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by GreyEdge »

Martin_Starski wrote: Tuesday 17 Oct 2023, 16:07
GreyEdge wrote: Tuesday 17 Oct 2023, 01:15 Flight Simulator X or FSX Steam Edition (Dual Mode only)
Yes, you should choose Flight Simulator X. The second option should be choosen if you have both FSX and FSX:SE installed (=dual mode).
Please reinstall the scenery with admin rights and then reinstall SODE.
Will do! I'll reinstall and see if it works.
GreyEdge
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by GreyEdge »

Hi,

So I reinstalled both NY Airports X and SODE, and the jetways still were not appearing. So after some troubleshooting, I realized that the issue was with SODE itself. For some reason, Verizon 1.8.0 doesn't work with FSX:SE, so I had to install version 1.71. Now the jetways are there!

Appreciate the help and the incredible work in these sceneries!
wxman17
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Richard

Post by wxman17 »

I have KEWR installed in P3Dv5 and wanted to know if there is going to be an update for the airport given that KEWR has a new Terminal, "Terminal A" whereas the old Terminal A is getting removed??
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

wxman17 wrote: Monday 19 Feb 2024, 01:54 KEWR installed in P3Dv5 and wanted to know
There are no plans to make any updates to P3D versions - our focus is on MSFS.
sto
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Stefan

Re: NY Airports v2 X - Installation fails

Post by sto »

I've purchases NY Airport v2X KJFK via Aerosoft. Unfortunately after downloading the file when trying to install I get an "Unable to open installation file" failure.

Tried to turn off Windows Defender and Compatibility Modes, but could not get it running in FSX.

Thank's for your help!

Stefan
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, probably it's corrupted download or something is wrong with a file, but you bought it from Aerosoft store, so you need to contact the store directly.
sto
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by sto »

Martin,

many thank's for your quick response.
I tried downloading it several times without any success. I also contacted Aerosoft support. They referred me to this forum

Stefan
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Stefan, have you received this message via Aerosoft's forum or Email? Can you share it with me, based on which I will be able to contact them?
sto
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by sto »

Sure, please find below (unfortunately only in German)

Your request (26677) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Jonas Scholz (Aerosoft)

3 Apr 2024, 07:09 UTC
Guten Tag Herr Ondra,

vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht. Welchen Kompatibilitätsmodus nehmen Sie? Ist auf der Festplattenpartition noch genügend freier Speicher, so dass das Setup temporär geöffnet werden kann?

Sollte das nicht zum Erfolg führen, bitte ich Sie, sich direkt an den Entwickler Drzewiecki Design zu wenden, diesen erreichen Sie hier: index.php

With friendly greetings,

Jonas Scholz
Aerosoft Customer Support
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Should I understand that you have enough disk space and you tried to run the installer with admin rights?

Can you share the screenshot with your message?

In which sim do you try to install our scenery?
sto
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by sto »

Martin,

yes correct. There is 20GB of free disk space and I run the installation as admin.

Flightsim would FSX and have Win7. See screenshot attached - I get the failure message "Can't open the setup file"

Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.