Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

michael60634
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: michael60634

Re: Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Post by michael60634 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 23 May 2023, 12:19 Hi.
That's weird, I believe you are mistaking us for another developer.

I mean, we did KSEA and KPAE for P3D, but for MSFS we already produced 15+ airport projects.
https://www.drzewiecki-design.net/products.htm#FS2020
Is KSEA a possibility? I love your sceneries, and it'd be nice to see KSEA be done to the quality it deserves. It's such a nice airport in real life. And the landscape surrounding it is amazing.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

KSEA was already released by BEAUTIFUL MODEL of the WORLD and AmSim and we would prefer to turn our attention to airports that were not published already.
michael60634
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by michael60634 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Thursday 12 Oct 2023, 04:45 KSEA was already released by BEAUTIFUL MODEL of the WORLD and AmSim and we would prefer to turn our attention to airports that were not published already.
That's quite disappointing to hear. I'm aware of the BMW/AmSim version of KSEA, but I, and others, find it to be a lacking rendition of this amazing airport. It has a variety of issues, and BMW/AmSim do not seem focused on fixing said issues. It would be nice to see KSEA for MSFS done by your company, especially considering that your sceneries always have amazing quality. And you've already done this scenery before.
jakef
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Jake

Post by jakef »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Thursday 12 Oct 2023, 04:45 KSEA was already released by BEAUTIFUL MODEL of the WORLD and AmSim and we would prefer to turn our attention to airports that were not published already.
As a long time DD customer, I to find this to be very disappointing. Hopefully, you'll reconsider down the road.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sorry but we have nothing more to say - each project/airport means the specific investment, time and the cost behind it.
michael60634
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by michael60634 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Sunday 12 Nov 2023, 15:45 Sorry but we have nothing more to say - each project/airport means the specific investment, time and the cost behind it.
I think the time and cost is justified if enough of your customers want what would essentially be an update of one of your previous products. And I know the wider MSFS community wants a properly done KSEA scenery, especially considering the very poor quality of the currently available one, where for example the approach lights appear not as lights, but as half spheres in front of where there should be lights, among a variety of other bugs, missing buildings, and inaccuracies. I, and many others, hope you'll reconsider, especially as you have already developed this exact scenery in the past. But I personally find it strange that you, a developer known for high quality sceneries that set the standard in MSFS, would outright refuse to update an existing product purely because another developer released a low quality version of the airport. And to me it makes no sense to make MSFS sceneries for every major Seattle airport except Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, which is the Seattle airport that most people want to see properly done in the simulator.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

We never say never, but please keep in mind that our point of view is a bit broader. It is not only a hobby but also a business, employees, obligations, finances, etc. Everything must be thought out carefully because many people have months of work behind every project. Fortunately or unfortunately, this is an investment, which must be consistent with business assumptions and budget.
RayProudfoot
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: RayP

Post by RayProudfoot »

I am but one voice, but I just wanted to say that I too am very disappointed. I have held off for three years on buying anything in the Pacific Northwest while waiting for your KSEA. I know you never promised it, but as you have previously developed it and you made the Seattle Landmarks and the other Seattle-area airports, I have made the the mistake of assuming that you would. I only came to your website today to see what progress, if any, you might be able to report and instead see your post above. I understand that it is a business decision, but I'd also like to point out that no one who is serious about this hobby takes the current KSEA seriously at all, just as no aircraft dev should be intimidated by any of Captain Sim's fake Boeing airliners into not developing proper 757/767/777 airliners. Frankly and as in my case, not having a proper KSEA hurts your other Seattle-area products. Again, the only reason I don't own them is because I have been waiting for your KSEA. The low-effort one made by the other dev does not interest me at all and I don't even want to fly around Seattle without your KSEA. I know you have other priorities at the moment and I respect that. But please circle back around when you have time and do KSEA justice as only DD can.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, we never said we wouldn't develop it either.
tyrease1364
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Ty

Post by tyrease1364 »

Question for one using VR. When flying at night and going into seattle I have a blacked out city and it does not come alive until I am up close. It used to be blacked out and come alive when I was in distance but needed to be a little close. Now it seems I have to be right up on it for seattle to light up. Has anyone experienced this and if so how did you fix it if there is a fix? Thank everyone
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello, in case of this scenery LODs may need to be optimized again because Asobo changes these values occasionally during updates and may be too low. It's on a to-do list and we will take care of it as soon as time allows us to do so.