KEWR Newark MSFS

Latest version: v1.1 (2023)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: KEWR Newark MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

On your setup, does it perform much significantly than KJFK by iniBuilds?
MediumRareBaku
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: MediumRareBaku

Post by MediumRareBaku »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 08 Jan 2024, 08:11 On your setup, does it perform much significantly than KJFK by iniBuilds?
Performance is maybe 10-20% worse at EWR than at JFK. Their JFK doesn't run great, either, and they've promised further work in 2024 to further optimize it, so I wouldn't necessarily use current JFK as a performance benchmark, if that's what you were driving at.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, the airport size is quite similar and our's might still have more details included, so this is is frankly quite a fair comparison. We will investigate optimization possibilities.
LrN
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Lorran

Post by LrN »

Hello, I placed a transfer order through inibuilds and I need authorization from you, could you help me?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, when have you applied for it?
N822KL
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: TwoKiloLima

Post by N822KL »

Hi,

I recently installed your KEWR airport via the Orbx installer tool. I chose the path of installing it to their Library. Since then I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. Each time I have it installed there are a number of very random looking terminal and parking structures that appear along with those you intended. These unwanted structures do not show up if your version of KEWR is uninstalled, but show up every time I put it back in.

I have attached several screenshots here showing these unwanted interlopers along with an aerial I have been reviewing for comparison. They are obviously airport structures, just not for this airport. They consist of two semi-circular terminals, two semi-circular parking structures, and another sort of V-shaped building that also appears to be a terminal. I can't really identify them with a particular airport. They may be in the arrangement they belong in there, but they obviously just don't belong here at Newark Intl.

I am wondering how to go about eliminating them from showing up in the future. Is this a known issue? I have not run across anyone who has seen it exactly as I am.

Thanks.

KL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LrN
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by LrN »

Martin_Starski wrote: Sunday 21 Jan 2024, 10:40 Hi, when have you applied for it?
I made the request on 19/01/2024
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

N822KL wrote: Monday 22 Jan 2024, 01:39 a number of very random looking terminal and parking structures
I'm afraid we have no idea what is it and why it appears with our scenery. Do you have any other addons installed for this region/location? Have you tried to aks Orbx if they are able to replicate your problem? They build their own installer based on our source files - maybe something is wrong there? Have you tried to clear the rolling cache and rebuild sceneryindexes? And last but not least - have you tried to position our scenery on a higher layer using the package reorder tool in MSFS?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

LrN wrote: Monday 22 Jan 2024, 05:04 I made the request on 19/01/2024
Let us check, but our response might be slightly delayed due to winter holiday season in Poland.
Kingnizzy
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Evan

Post by Kingnizzy »

Whenever I land or depart from the airport, the atc stops working and I cant hear msfs sounds. Whenever I try to contact the atc it does not respond. This seems to only be at KEWR. Hopefully this could be fixed.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, your issue might be caused by some kind of MSFS sound limitation - you can simply deactivate/remove the sound files from simobjects/landmarks folder. If you have any of our other sceneries having sounds, please deactivate the sound files there too.
acbent
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: AdamB

Re: KEWR Newark MSFS Updated AFCAD?

Post by acbent »

Just purchased the scenery. It looks very nice and performance is not too bad. However, the taxi lines and gates are showing for the old 'removed' terminals. I use LittleNavMap. Is there an updated AFCAD for this scenery? I got lost taxiing around the airport.
LrN
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by LrN »

Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 22 Jan 2024, 15:02
LrN wrote: Monday 22 Jan 2024, 05:04 I made the request on 19/01/2024
Let us check, but our response might be slightly delayed due to winter holiday season in Poland.
Ok!
WarEagleX
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: MikeT

Re: KEWR Newark MSFS - Active Runways

Post by WarEagleX »

Hello Guys - I have a relatively minor request if it hasn't been asked already. As a rule of thumb KEWR uses 4L/22R for takeoff and 22L/4R for landing. As it is now AI traffic attempts to land on 4L and 22R most of the time - which is incorrect but more importantly it causes traffic jams and delays for aircraft waiting for takeoff. Can you provide an optional AFD update which fixes this? I miss the days when we could just fix these things ourselves.

BTW, having been based at KEWR for years, you guys really captured the look and feel of the airport. Good job.

Thanks,

Mike T.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

As far as I know, this problem is known and many other bugs/issues are still known in terms of AI. Every sim update we get something fixed, but there are many others in the backlog item. To be very honest - so far we didn't find any tool, which may allow us to set it up. At the same time, we don't want to implement any workarounds, because from experience we know that it might just mess things up. I read in Dec 2023 that we should expect a tool, that should allow us to do so, but it's not been released yet.