DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport X by Drzewiecki Design
More info at/Więcej na: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodEPWA_X.htm

English and Polish discussion and support in this topic / Dyskusja po polsku i po angielsku w tym temacie.

ImageImageImage

Please note:

• EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport X is fully compatible with Warsaw City X version v1.5 or higher. A new version of this product (v1.5) will be published soon - MORE INFO .

• P3Dv2 lights at EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport X are not compatible with Warsaw City 2013 X v1.1 and due to that runway lights may shimmer or be not visible at all. There are 2 things you can do:

a) Deactivate Warsaw City X v1.1 till there is an update available
b) Unpack THESE FILES into Prepar3D v2 main folder\Addon Scenery\Warsaw City 2013 X\Scenery
Rafal

Post by Rafal »

Dear Andrea,
mkma wrote:I've also had the problem of double jetway, and I found in the file exe.xml a double call to SODE module, I deleted one
You are a genius, my friend. It is working. Thank you so much.

So for everyone who has the double jetway problem, the steps to follow are:

1. Go to C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder

2. Find the exe.xml file and, just in case, make a safe backup copy of it.

3. Right click on the exe.xml file and choose open with, then select notepad

4. If you have the problem, it means you will find such a 6-line entry twice:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>SODE</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>C:\FSX\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

5. Remove one of these two 6-line entries (they are identical) and save

6. The next FS session at EPWA will not give you doubled jetways.

Once again big thanks to Andrea! :mrgreen:

I am still waiting for an answer from the developers/support regarding my yesterday's question.
I would like to be assisted with proper recognizing which bgls are responsible for particual scenery elements.

Without it we will have to play a long game of guessing and testing to turn them off. Even the reinstall lets you remove just terminal interiors and static aircraft, right?
I believe there are still more elements which could be left out, like the apron vehicles, people, parking cars, etc.
They certainly are appreciated and make the scenery beautiful but with VAS usage of over 1 GB more than other (even much larger) commercial sceneries, I have no other choice but to look for VAS relievers or it is going to be an OOM kingdom.
12bPilot
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by 12bPilot »

Hi all,

I'm the programmer of SODE.

I thought I'd have to make some things clear about jetway operation:

1. The jetway will dock to any aircraft, as long as a valid exit type and position is available in the corresponding aircraft.cfg! This is the responsibility of the airplane add-on maker. The default FSX jetway uses the exact same information! It won't dock to an aircraft without a valid exit position, too.

2. atc_model=XXXX entry in the aircraft.cfg and respective entry in the AircraftParameters.ini file is used for the hood animation only, it won't affect the general movement of the jetway towards the aircraft. In this scenery, the hood itself is not animated as far as I can tell. So the atc_model is not needed in this particular scenery. To make the jetway move, SODE only needs a valid exit position, see note 1.

Please check if your aircraft has proper exits defined. The exit point should be set at the center of the door. This is the same requirement needed for the default FSX jetway to work properly.

Regards
silenthunter183
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by silenthunter183 »

Czy SODE jest zawarte w wersji DEMO?

Is SODE implemented in DEMO version?
Kuba Pa
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Jakub

Post by Kuba Pa »

No, all jetways are static.
Nie, wszystkie rękawy są statyczne.
Rafal

Post by Rafal »

Dear Jeffrey,

I have two more questions related (I guess) to SODE, if you don't mind.

You wrote somewhere that every add-on aircraft is supported by SODE providing that is has correct doors entry in the cfg file.
However I checked and there is an entry, mainly:

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit.0 = 0.2, 30.50, -5.60, -1.74, 0
exit.1 = 0.2, -27.20, -4.46, -1.74, 0
exit.2 = 0.2, 30.50, 5.60, -1.74, 2
exit.3 = 0.2, -17.95, 3.25, -5.05, 1

Can you see any mistakes in the above entry?

Is this a problem with AFCAD or can it be changed from the SODE configuration level?
I would love to have it changed as I cannot park and dock the big ones at EPWA.
13-25 posts

Post by 12bPilot »

Dear Rafal,

While it is true that SODE supports correctly defined aircraft exits, the modelled jetway still has to be able to reach those exits. During the creation of the jetways, the designers sets limitations on its range, like rotation range.
The other limitations are derived from the model geometry itself, like how far the jetway can extend. In other words, each modelled jetway has a designer defined, restricted range of movement.

If the aircraft exit can not be reached within this range of movement, you'll get those error message "Unable to dock" etc. I'd guess the modelled jetway at EPWA can not lower itself that low to reach the AVRO's door.

The available jetways are also defined by the designer. Those names in the list are just names for some jetway. They also could have been named EPWA Stand 14 Jetway A and EPWA Stand 14 Jetway B for example.
Even if you park at Stand 14R for example, you could choose the 14L jetway. If the door is within the range of movement of the jetway I wrote about above, it will dock. But I think it's too far away.
So, you can park at 14C, choose one of the available jetways (probably 14L) and hope it can reach your door from there :-)

I hope this makes things clearer.
elgato
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by elgato »

12bPilot wrote:To all with the "jetway.cfg not found" problem:

I have one more possibility to check...What airplane are you using and where is it installed within the FSX folder structure (especially the *.air file)? If you take the default 737, does this error still occur when trying to dock?

SODE v1.2.2 is basically ready, but I want to fix this issue too hopefully by tomorrow evening when I'm back home.
Hi Jeffrey,

All aircrafts with there respective .air files are located in C:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes. The issue occurs with Aerosoft airbus, PMDG B727NGX, default A321 and default B737. have'nt tried with any other aircraft.

SODE is located in C:\FSX\SODE and EPWA is installed in C:\FSX\Addon Scenery.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

[ Added: Fri Jul 17, 2015 17:14 ]
12bPilot wrote:To all with the "jetway.cfg not found" problem:

I have one more possibility to check...What airplane are you using and where is it installed within the FSX folder structure (especially the *.air file)? If you take the default 737, does this error still occur when trying to dock?

SODE v1.2.2 is basically ready, but I want to fix this issue too hopefully by tomorrow evening when I'm back home.
Jeffrey,

One more detail:
this occurs when docking and through the GO TO AIRPORT menu as well.
Franck
Nantes, France
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
We are pleased to inform that the new version v1.1 of this product has been sent to stores. You will be notified by stores and asked to download the product again. It is highly recommended to uninstall the previous version by:
1. Removing the Scenery Library entry
2. Removing the product's folder from Addon Scenery or wherever you have installed it
3. Removing SODE entries from exe.xml and dll.xml files (you can open those in Notepad) located in the same location as your scenery.cfg (%appdata%\Microsoft or Lockheed Martin etc.). In case you are not sure how to handle this, you can omit this step.

Changes in the new version:
- Lite Texture Pack provided for lower VAS usage
- Jetways on heavy stands now compatible with B777
- Installer upgraded with better features
- FSX:SE Dual Mode compatibility provided
- Slightly brighter taxiway edge lights in P3D
- Brighter PAPI lights in FSX
- Other minor details fixed (navaids, fences etc.)
- SODE stability fix

The screenshot also shows Warsaw City X (v1.5) in the background
Rafal

Post by Rafal »

Hello!

To begin with, thank you for the new version.
Every effort to improve the product is higly appreciated.

However, I have to report problems with version 1.1.

I have done a thorough uninstall (including clearing the xml files) and install of 1.1.
I have chosen the Lite Texture pack intended to lower VAS usage. And:
2. The PMDG 777 (tested with LR and 300ER) still cannot be docked at heavy stands (10, 13, 14). Here are various messages that come out:

Kuba Pa
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Kuba Pa »

Wrong textures of B787 in this pack.Download Correct and add to rest of scenery.
LINK
Marek2704
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Marek2704 »

The bad news is that I can confirm gate problem with B777 - they still not working.

The good news is that there is no more FSX/P3D crashes after departure, when gates were in use. :)
Kuba Pa
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Kuba Pa »

Pytanie do Marka i Rafała, a testowaliście te rękawy które Staszek wrzucił w tym temacie we wtorek 14 lipca o 8:03?
Błędy dotyczące 777 są generalnie poprawione, ale w razie czego proszę sobie sprawdzić (foldery SODE i SimObjects do głównego folderu FS). Mogą być utrudnienia na 13 i 14 bo tam jest "ciasno" a rękaw fizycznie długi, wiec może nie łapać przednich drzwi, co najwyżej środkowe (podobnie w 787), za to na 10 powinno łapać wszystko. Co do innych samolotów wypowiedział się autor SODE - program jest kompatybilny ze wszystkimi, które mają zdefiniowane wyjścia, czyli parametr [exits] w aircraft.cfg . Przy okazji - jesli ktoś ma możliwość to prosiłbym o podesłanie tej właśnie sekcji pliku aircraft.cfg dla PMDG 777.
Specjalnie było wrzucone żeby osoby które mają PMDG 777 sprawdziły czy u nich to działa, przed oficjalnym wypuszczeniem poprawki. Rękaw teraz łapie prawie na 7m wysokości, co najwyżej fizycznie może nie łapać przednich drzwi na stanowiskach 13 i 14 bo się fizycznie nie mieści, ale na 787 bez problemu łapało środkowe.
Patrick Chaieb
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Patrick Chaieb »

Rafal wrote:1. The VAS usage still remains on the same very high level as with verion 1.0:
__extra 1.0-1.5 GB compared to e.g. 0.4 GB with full-featured FT LOWW.
Hi

What size are the textures? 1024x1024?
Im very interested in buying the scenery but if it's not flyable do to OOMs it would be a pity.

Regards
Patrick
Best Regards
Patrick
Kuba Pa
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Kuba Pa »

The instalator has the option "lite texture pack", which includes textures with a maximum size of 1024x1024.