Miami City X

Latest version: v1.91 (2020)

Bushpounder
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Bushpounder »

I have 32 gig of RAM on the computer. Are you talking about 6G on the video side? I will look at some settings and see if I can get it to stop. I will let you know how I make out. I do not have another scenery from you. NYC is one I am looking at. However, when I fly over the default New York, nothing happens. All is good. I will let you know. Thanks for working with me.

Don
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi Don.
Negative, I was actually talking about RAM. 64 is more than enough.
Please compare it with any other scenery that includes a city and a photoscenery of a large size (you are comparing it with airport sceneries which is a different thing). Anyway, it is definitely the problem at the settings side of the sim. With your hardware everything should be loaded just instantly.
Bushpounder
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Bushpounder »

Here is what it looks like - I tried to vary the settings one at a time. No difference. I flew over other areas I have that are also photoscenery, and it does not happen at any of them. This black effect (also happens in blue) can happen anywhere within the scenery area randomly.

Don
seam1977
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by seam1977 »

Hi Don I had the same problems in the past during flights. I think You have to change some settings in FSX and change something in FSX.cfg file too.
Try read this:
https://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/cat ... -tweaking/
No more problems after some changes.
I have Quad core processor 3.4 32gb RAM,GTX660 2gb,and I can flight between 20-30 frame rates. There is some nice help online Matt Davies You can find him on You Tube.
In the future I will invest money in better Processor so I can get more like 4.3Ghz,because this is the most important thing in FSX.
I hope You resolve this problems. :wink:
regulate
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

PC Aviator

Post by regulate »

I purchased Miami City X in 2012 from PC Aviator. I still have a download link, but it doesn't seem to have the updated version of this product compatible with P3D 2.5. What are my options if they won't update the version?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

72westy
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Jim

Post by 72westy »

The issue I have is if you look at the above picture posted you'll see that the bridge in the upper right corner has the old bridge underneath (as do the others) after install of 1.5.

I also seem to have the ai_player.dll crash at shutdown of FSX. I'm running FSX Acceleration with My Traffic professional 6, Ultimate Terrain X (all of them) all are patched), FS Global 2010, GEX (all Editions), REX Essentials Plus w/Overdrive plus many add-on aircraft and payware airports (nothing else in Florida).

System:

Windows 7 Ult. SP1 64bit
Core i5 2500K (unclocked)
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)
G-Skill 8GB DDR3
XFX HD Radeon 7870DD 2GB DDR5 (CCC-15.7)
Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Gamer
Hitachi 1TB SATA-3 (FSX drive)
Western Digital 1TB SATA-3 (Steam drive)
Seagate 1TB SATA-2 (OS drive)
LG Blue burner DL
Antec 650w PSU
Rosewill Mid tower Challenger
scottharmes6
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by scottharmes6 »

Hi,

First of all I wanted to say I am very impressed with the Drzewiecki Designs products I own, and I have a number of them now.

I have purchased a number of my products from Simware simulations, including Miami City 2012 X, and Warsaw City 2013 X. I have just noticed recently that new versions of these products have been released. I understand the new version of Warsaw City is to be a paid update (reduced price) for owners of the previous version and Miami City X is to be a free update for previous owners. This is just based on what I have read, please correct me if this is not accurate.

Simware simulations have the new version of Miami City X for sale, but they have not updated the download in my (and other customers) accounts with the new version. They also do not seem to have the new version of Warsaw City X on the website at all. I have actually written them 3 times over the past few weeks, asking about this situation, with no response.

They have updated other products in the past (Polish Airports Vol 3) so I am not sure what is happening now with these newest updates.

I feel like I should be patient, and also I should just use and be happy with the versions I already have, but it is frustrating to see no response from a website/shop when almost every other company seems to have updated their customers products ages ago.

Regards,

Scott
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

chucksp
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by chucksp »

Stanislaw: Miami City is fantastic (I've been there many times) but I have a question: have you considered consolidating textures onto fewer sheets in order to lessen the amount of draw calls? Every time I change views or pan around, the textures on all of the buildings reload (they're all black for several seconds).

Since Miami is already a pretty CPU- and GPU-intensive area, I wonder if this would help.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

We are doing this for our NYC but we won't do this for Miami as there are 10x less textures and it is already pretty well optimized (retexturing would take a lot of time while customers will rather not be willing to pay for such update in this particular product as end-result would not make such a big difference).
scottharmes6
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by scottharmes6 »

Will the NYC update be free? This is a pretty big problem for New York textures. Buildings constantly appear black, orange or white, and the problem repeats every time you look away and back again. I see the same problem for PR in general too. I hate it when a texture is crisp and then you fly a bit further, even closer to it, and the texture changes and goes blurry.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

scottharmes6 wrote:free
Negative as besides the update it will also be an upgrade, featuring hundrieds of buildings made from scratch, completely new night textures, new ground aerial photos plus FSX:SE and P3Dv2 compatibility. It won't be expensive though.
scottharmes6
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by scottharmes6 »

So what am I to do if the seller refuses to make the newer version available (re Miami City X). They have the product for sale on the website, yet won't make the upgrade available to previous purchasers. Worse than this they won't even respond to the number of emails I have sent. Frustrating, unprofessional, rude.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

If you are reffering to Aerosoft they haven't responded to several of my e-mails as well. You can always try their support forum, which is usually a good place to discuse anything about Aerosoft.