New York City XP

Latest version: v1.6 (2018)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The idea of this product was to provide the most realistic visuals possible at normal flight altitudes - around 1000-1500ft. It is not designed to fly between the buildings or at low altitudes you would not fly in the real world. For low altitude viewing there are better programs to simulate NYC - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7voy7Dlbmks , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OprdZ0Hku0E for example. Our product, when installed, should look exactly as on promo screenshots: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYCity_XP.htm
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

We are glad to inform you that version v1.4P of this product has been published. It features:

• Fix for the pink blur on objects and ground textures

To download the latest version, log-in into your store's account (where you bought the product) and download the whole installer. It is required to remove all related folders from Custom Scenery prior to installing the newest version. After install, please remove the scenery_packs.ini file as well before the first launch.
Urshult Haze
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by Urshult Haze »

Hello
I would like to disable/remove the ortho-photo/photoscenery from New York City XP and New York Airports XP.
How do I do that?
I have other orthophoto that I like to try...
dehowie
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by dehowie »

G'day,
Firstly until recently I have had no problems with your New York scenery and been enjoying it a lot so thanks..
After upgrading to 10.50 the frame rate has collapsed from 30-35FPS to around 1-1.5 yes about a twentieth of what I was seeing which was very good before.
Any idea on what may be causing it?
It is dei itself NYC not the airports as if I remove the folder containing Manhattan it's back to my old frames.
Also as soon as Manhattan comes into view when panning FPS drops from again around 30 to around 1.5fps.
Is it linked with the new auto gen and is an exclusion area needed?
Thanks
Darren
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
dehowie wrote:After upgrading to 10.50 the frame rate has collapsed from 30-35FPS to around 1-1.5
It is definitely the fault of the 10.50 upgrade, not our product. The performance drop is world-wide. The only think we can do is to wait until Laminar Research team fixes the problem.
dehowie
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by dehowie »

Did resolve it by dropping textures from extreme back to the second lowest setting.
Very strange as one one occasion it worked ok back up at 30-33 then on a restart back to 1-2. Anyway going again ok thanks for the input.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This happens now with all sceneries and is related not only to our products.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

bitje wrote:Because I am not allowed to post a new topic, I'll try to post it here.

I installed New-York City in X-Plane10 (Steam) successfully. It worked fine.
Yesterday I installed X-Plane11 and placed New-York City there also, which worked also fine.

Today I wanted to see the differences between XP10 and XP11.
However, although there was nothing changed in XP10, the New-York City lacked many buildings, and also in the KJFKL airfield, which were OK in XP11.

What can be the reason?
Can it be Steam?
Although I had installed all continents in XP10, the other day Steam showed them NOT installed, and I had to install them again.
New install of NY Citty did not help.
XP11 is not officially launched yet. Anyway, removing scenery_packs.ini may do magic.
bitje
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by bitje »

Yes, magic.
Thanks.
JAVI
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by JAVI »

I'm really interested in buying your scenery for xplane11. I already bought it for p3d some time ago and although was pretty it has a terrible trouble with flickering black textures.
I would like to ask you if now that xplane is 64bits: ¿Will I have any trouble with the textures?
I have a i5 4core 4.7ghz oc, 16gb ram and 980ti.
At the moment the demo works great. What about this scenery?
Thanks
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Please provide some screenshots of the occuring problem.
wolfram44
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by wolfram44 »

I purchased New York City XP, but after data loss, I no longer have the files for this. I should be on file as having purchased this, but can't find info on how to recover the files needed. I still have New York Airports, but somehow lost the City.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Simply download the whole installer aiagin and install it, Everything should work fine.
mikeaday
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Floating Sceneryin X-Plane 10.51

Post by mikeaday »

Very disappointing to purchase this expensive scenery, then sit ready for takeoff at KLGA and see oil tanks floating in the air. Even more disappointing to learn that the producers of the scenery are waiting on X-Plane authors to fix the problem. Version :x 10.51 was the last version of X-Plane to be produced. We will be stuck with floating scenery as long as we use this combo!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I am sorry but I have no idea what you are writing about. If there are problems with floating objects, please provide some screenshots and the location (possibly coordinates) of the object.

Version 10.51 was the last version of XP10 only - currently we are switching to XP11 (and then XP12, XP13 etc.)