Chicago Airports XP

Latest version: v1.0 (2019)

AirBerlin7421
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: AirBerlin7421

Re: Chicago Airports XP

Post by AirBerlin7421 »

787flyer wrote: Wednesday 15 May 2024, 19:02 First off, this is a fantastic scenery. Very nice detail.

Over the past 20 or so years, O'Hare has been undergoing major layout modifications as many of you probably know. Since the release of the DD scenery, some fundamental changes to the airport have been made. No new runways or anything, but just to name a few changes.

- Terminal 5 gate expansion. Most of the gates abeam taxiway B on the west side of the terminal have been completely reconfigured and modified as Delta Airlines moved into that location. This also includes the east side of Terminal 5 with an expansion to the building adding new gates and hardstands.

- Taxiways west of the main terminal complex have been changed for construction of a new concourse in the future. Taxiway U and Q have shifted from A and B and go more west. Many other taxiways in that area have been changed or renamed. Taxiways B now extends past A12 westbound to join up with the former taxiway L.

- Taxiway A1 has been removed.

- Taxiways near runway 9C/27C have been renamed, they are not correct in the current scenery.

- Taxiway BB is now taxiway SS. (for the most part)

- Taxiway A22 has been created with a new ramp which includes two new gates. Gate L25 and L27.

- Some of the E gates at Terminal 2 have been slightly modified to accommodate larger mainline aircraft such as 737's, A321's etc as United has acquired a lot of those gates.

These are just some random examples I can think of off the top of my head. The scenery does not need to be completely redone by any means. In the grand scheme of things, these changes are very minor compared to the massive size of the airport. However I believe they are essential changes to the airport that I would love to see modeled in your scenery for maximum realism. Any thoughts on if this could be a possible update in the near future?
I also agree. The scenery does need an update, especially for XPlane 12. While it is constantly changing, it does deserve some attention too since it has not been updated in years. With the important taxiway changes and the addition of new gates, it would be awesome to see that updated. I really like the detailing with the scenery, it is amazing, the interior and exterior is perfect. However, it is annoying when trying to load in to a gate that does not have its own "spawning position" when starting a flight. For example, when trying to load in to gate B16, there is no option. So you have to load in to B17 or the closest gate to it, requiring you to slew, taxi, or be towed over. I do hope this scenery gets the attention it needs, hopefully an update some day! Still an amazing scenery nonetheless.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago Airports XP

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your opinion. When the scenery is going to be updated to XP12, we will consider making it up-to-date.