Bornholm Island X

Latest version: v1.6 (2017)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

An important information for all Bornholm Island 2011 for FSX users - there is now an undependent project available on Simviation containing numerous extra landmarks for our product. The add-on was prodused by Etienne Varlo0t and it includes:

10 windmills
Duedoddenorth lighthouse
Hammerodde Fyr lighthouse
Salomon Kapel
Svaneke lighthouse
Joboland amusement park
Hasles smokehus
Svaneke smokehus
Natur Museum
Kunst Museum
MiddelalderCentret
The race track
The Military base in the wood
The baracks in rone
The RO airport
The beach house in Sandvig
The tower house in Allinge
Bodils Kirke
Ruts Kirke
Svaneke Kirke
Guhjem Kirke
Nylars kirke
Ols kirke
Akirkeby kirke
Oestermarie kirke
Sct Ibs Kirke
Pulsker Kirke
Klemens Kirke
Nekso Kirke
Allinge Kirke

Please check this link: http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... ategoryId= to download the scenery. This project is obviously compatible with the payware version of Bornholm Island 2011 but it might be also used with the DEMO version even though DEMO does not provide satellite ground images.
M. H. Larsen
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by M. H. Larsen »

Thanks for this info Stanislaw :D

Will download asap.

Michael
Berlopez
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Berlopez »

Installed and tested and then installed the new objects file.I can report no drop in FPS;
Thank you Stanislaw.

[ Added: Sat Dec 03, 2011 21:43 ]
NOw I am not 100% sure...Have attempted two ILS landings at Bornholm. I have fixed the file/line that needed deletion for the frequencies to become active...

I lock-up on final; I've triend twice now and FSX has given me both choices RWY 11 and RWY29 at minimuns on the Eaglesoft Citation llSPX It locks; I have to Ctrl+ALT+Del. to exit and start a new flight.
Any suggestions?

(...)

...And I was so happy I had managed these landing at Bornholm, Even with addon aircraft. Today I try with the default Bombardier CRJ_700 and freeze as soon as I stop and request taxi to gates?
MEDION AKOYA E2035 Win.8 64. NVidia GeForce GT620 4 GB DDR3; 500GB
Berlopez
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

FSX Freezes at Bornholm

Post by Berlopez »

I'll be...I'm suffering freezes at Bornholm everytime I fly there; If I don't freeze on approach I do after landing or any other operation,like asking for taxi clearance to the gate...
I just updated FSUIPC, hadn't done that for a while...

:cry:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
If this is 1GB of RAM that you have (which is rather not much) this might be a problem - EKRN has many high quality textures and for FSX 4GB of RAM is a minimum in my opinion. RAM is very cheap now. This might also happen if you have any other addons installed for that area, but only you can check this. There are a few products (freeware and payware) which add some objects to Bornholm and they might (not must) cause some strange performance of FSX. Please check that!
Best regards
Stanislaw
Berlopez
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Berlopez »

This is true Stanislaw, I may have too many addons...My Machine is a dualcore
Fujitsu Siemens 4200 @1.8-1.70 Ghz 1024 MB Ram...After my latest installation of FSX it shows 1.8 Ghz-1 Gb...
I even took away the extra independant scenery to see if that improved my performance at Bornholm,it did...But still the shoes don't fit...If you know what I mean...The stutters and Freezes...And they are not only exclusive to Bornholm.
When I first got FSX std. Installed in another machine I have and then installed in this one last year I got bored with it and went and bought Acceleration,which is what I have now; By then the demands of FS increased...

I have to wait and see when I can update more RAM into this machine.

Thanks for your reply,

Berlopez
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

My first suggestion would be to put more RAM there. 1GB for FSX is really nothing... RAM is not expensive now so you can easly get 4GB and this will improve the stability (performance not so much as FSX performance is based mainly on processor).

You might also try to update your graphic drivers. They might also cause these artefacts.
Berlopez
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Berlopez »

Manfred Manhs L1049 landing at Bornholm:

Manfred Mahn Basler B57 en route over Sweden to Bornholm:

Basler at the gate:

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Bernardo, I think you are the most common virtual pilot in our Bornholm! You should try other our projects as well! :)
Berlopez
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Berlopez »

Stanislaw: I am still enjoying Bornholm 2011,as you can see very much; But as you can see my machine isn't very good and I just manage to use it...If I pack anything more into it I'll suffer more in performance.
Thanks for the advive,

Bernardo
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I know, but I am sure you can use any of our Polish Airports packages - they are extremely FPS friendly. Also our EPKK is FPS friendly also because LODs are extensively used. It is also quite configurable (you can remove some parts of the scenery of you have some problems with performance).
Berlopez
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Berlopez »

Stanislaw I don't mean to be stingy!
My computer burnt and was beyond a cheap repair,After 5 faithful years, mcAfee bug and all I decided to retire it, GC burnt because of bad ventilation nds I never opened it and gave it a proper clean.

I bought a used:
Dell Vostro
Pendium R Dual Core CPU E 6300 @2.8GHz 2.79 with a Nvidia 7600 GS & High Resolution Audio, I know it isa small improvement on my old computer, but it all I could afford, I took a screeniw of a landing at Bornholm, again to compare as I don't/ didn't freeze there this time:

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Bernardo.
I would really suggest you buying FS2004 for it - I am sure on you computer it will look BETTER than FSX with low settings while maintaining good framerates! I guess FS9 you can buy for a few dollars...
Best regards
Stanislaw
Berlopez
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Berlopez »

Hello DD; I have Fs9 installed in an old computer which takes ages to load windows, the HD is ruined because of a call I made years agio to MS Support. The guy decided to make me formatt the HD to fix Fs9 ???? He was not competent enough to tell the difference between the game and the OS system I've formatted it sevral times intalling XP onto it. My wife has inherited it, but hasn't touched it for ages.
The ventilator of the GC is ruined s well and needs a drop of oil once in a while. She fixed it by giving the computer an an Angry "Wack" :lol: some time ago, so it stopped making a horrible noise.
I'll keeo your suggestion in mind...But I'll keep running FSX in this computer as long as I can, It's taken me many days to reinstall everything.
Thank you,

Berlopez
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

2.8 GHz processor is simply not high-end for FS2004 (3 GHz would be perfect) and surely not enough to run FSX :wink: . You need 4.0 GHz to see most of FSX's features with good FSX. If you run it on one monitor of course :wink: .