Latest version: v5.1 (2020)

kubektkd
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Kuba

Re: Polish Airports vol.1 X

Post by kubektkd »

Bardzo dziękuję za szybką pomoc.

Winowajcą okazał się DX10 preview - musiałem go przypadkiem zostawić włączonego gdy "bawiłem" się ustawieniami graficznymi.

Instalowałem produkt wybierając "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" z dostępnych opcji.
Próbowałem również dezaktywować kolejne scenerie i nie było różnicy, jednak co ciekawe muszę mieć wyłączoną scenerię "PA vol.1 X - EPGD", bo w przeciwnym wypadku brakuje części obiektów scenerii.
airport-no-objects.jpg
Przed zainstalowaniem pełnej wersji PA vol.1 X, nie usunąłem plików wersji DEMO.
Czy to może być tego powodem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Teoretycznie nasz instalator powinien deaktywowac demo przed zainstalowaniem pełnej wersji, ale wyjątki się zdarzaja. Przypadkiem w Scenery Library nie ma podwójnego wpisu dla EPGD? Sceneria ma też najwyższy priorytet w bibliotece? Próbowałeś usunąć wpisy dla PA vol1 i foldery, a następnie odpalić fsx aby upewnić się ze jest default, potem ponownie zainstalować PA vol1 z uprawnieniami administratora? Rzuciłbym też okiem na wpis w scenery.cfg aby upewnić się czy wygląda tak samo jak przy innych sceneriach.
jgoggi
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by jgoggi »

Hi,
During an approach at EPKT with low visibility, I realized that the runway lights during the day are useless, they are very dim and not visible at all. In fact, they look like little round textures, without any light effect, such as the one of the PAPI.
Is it possible to provide functional lights during the day?
Thanks.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

To be honest it's hard to say something smart without any screenshot - can you show how does it look like in your sim?
Which sim do we talk about?
Have you choosed the feature "lights always on" during the installation process? Otherwise the runway lights should be activated during a day in low visibility conditions only.
jgoggi
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by jgoggi »

Hi,
Here are a couple of screenshots. As you can see, up to short final the runway lights can't be seen, while the PAPIs are visible. In the second pic you can see that the lights are very dim and don't help in case of low visibility. This both if I choose lights always on or only with low visibility. P3D v5.3, EA on, no volumetric clouds.
Thanks.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1d6fqmwkweifpnz/1.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlieslyb97txq4x/2.JPG?dl=0
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, it seems that they are not working at all. May I understand that you have SODE and at night everything is fine, right?
Probably we need to check if something was changed in p3d v5.3 or in case of SODE functionality.
jgoggi
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by jgoggi »

Hi,
Yes, I do confirm that I have SODE and it works correctly. I had never noticed that before, so I guess something has changed in v5.3. Thank you for looking into it.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
I believe that if the product did work in v5.2 and does not in v5.3 then the issue should be reported directly to LM. Only they know what they changed and this might be the quickest way to get support or perhaps they even might provide a fix.
jgoggi
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by jgoggi »

Hi, I checked with v5.2 and it's exactly the same thing... To me it looks that, since those lights are not effects (fx files), but texture files, they don't have the effect of shining, like the PAPI lights do when you get close, even through the fog. Of course this could only be my wrong impression, anyway even in v5.2 those lights are very dim during the day and are quite useless...
jgoggi
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by jgoggi »

Hi, is it possible to have a fix for those daily lights? In winter visibility is often very low at EPKT and it's unrealistic to have the runway not lighted at all. I would like to stress that it is like that not only in v5.3, but also in v 5.2.
Thank you and Merry Christmas!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, I will check it once again but I'd like to do this in the fresh install of p3d v5.3 - to do this I need to reinstall my OS. By the way - should I understand that during the other seasons than winter the lights are ok? As far as I remember in the winter season during a day, when everything is white around, they are not so bright as in the other seasons and to be very honest in case of p3d it's difficult to jump through some barriers. They should be helpful during the foggy conditions, but during a day with a good weather they might be even turned off in reality. Nevertheless I will check how does it work in my sim soon.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi!
I am afraid there is no fix for that.
jgoggi
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by jgoggi »

Thank you Stanislaw, I will live with that.
najzek
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Dawid

Post by najzek »

Witam. Mam pytanie oraz szukam pomocy. Prepar3D v4.5 HF3 DD Polish Airports VOL1 najnowsze. Dynamic Lightning przestaje dzialac pomimo Special Effects ustawionych na High. I nic w tym dziwnego gdyby nie to ze jeszcze pare lotow temu dzialalo. Zaraz po zainstalowaniu zauwazylem ze nie dzialaly lecz bylo to spowodowane brakiem Special Effects na wyzsze ustawienie. Lecz po dzisiejszym locie znow nie dzialaly one a po tamtym naprawieniu nic nie grzebalem w plikach ani ustawieniach. Prosze o pomoc, z gory dziekuje.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Dzień dobry, czy ten problem pojawia się po przylocie na lotnisko czy także po załadowaniu scenerii?

Jeżeli wszystko działało poprawnie i bez ingerencji w scenerie nagle przestało działać to może to oznaczać, że jakaś inna sceneria lub aktualizacja ma wpływ na poprawne działanie naszej scenerii. Czy w międzyczasie było coś aktualizowane / zmieniane / instalowane?

Czy możesz wkopiowac pliki z tego posta i sprawdzić czy jest lepiej? viewtopic.php?p=23046#p23046

Generalnie nigdy nie udało nam się replikować tego problemu, chociaż kilku użytkownikow zgłaszało podobne przypadki.