EETN Tallinn v2 X

Latest version: v2.4 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: EETN Tallinn v2 X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sorry but during the creation of this scenery we didn't consider possibility of using the orthophoto of 3rd party addon. So in this case we probably do not see any other option.
Alexander
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Salex

Post by Alexander »

Hi,
Complete shutdown of the flight simulator when departing from the scenario area of EETN airport (Tallinn).
What is the problem? All previous versions worked very well.

Product Name=EETN Tallinn v2 X
Product Version=v2.4

Installed: Prepar3D_v5_Professional_Plus_5.1.8.26742,
ORBX Version 4.1.23, FTX openLC Europe Version 1.31

Used FSLab A320-X, Aerosoft Airbus A318-321,330 for P3Dv5-5.1
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, so far no-one reported the similar problem.
Any error message?
Is it your first departure from EETN in P3D v5 or it was ok previously?
Hav you tried to see if there is any difference with lower sim settings?
Maybe you can see something more in Windows event logs?
At the moment it's hard to say something else, because we have too limited information about a problem.
Alexander
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Salex

Post by Alexander »

Hi, I started to use your scenery airport EETN (Tallinn) with the appearance of Prepar3D v.3.4. plus ORBX. So this is not the first take-off/landing in this scenery. Now I have installed the Prepar3D v.5.1. plus ORBX.
At the moment, the feature is that EETN can perform automatic or manual landing from any other airport.
But the departure from EETN is limited to the transition (with or without altitude gain) from the area of your EETN airport scenario to the European part of the ORBX third party scenario, with which it is compatible as written in the "EETN Tallinn X" manual. The flight simulator settings correspond to the medium-high category. The latest flight simulator update has significantly increased FPS and stability throughout the system.
I have experimented on different top models of aircraft: A2A Comanche, FSLabs A320, Aerosoft A318-321,330...
Take off and fly to the assumed boundary of the scenario area is normal, but at the moment of transition the simulator stops (freezes) for a few seconds, and then instantly turns off completely. At the same time, the operating system continues to operate normally.
Without installing your Tallinn airport scenario, using only the European ORBX scenario, takeoff and landing pass without failure.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Do you have the same if our EETN scenery is active ad ORBX is deactivated? Which ORBX addons do you have and what is their priority in relation to our scenery?
sunnya
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Sunny

Post by sunnya »

Hi,

I have purchased Tallinn a while ago from FSPilotShop which is not functioning anymore. I wonder how can I download my EETN scenery and use it in P3Dv5? I still have a copy of my e-mail from FSPilotShop. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

sunnya wrote: Tuesday 30 Mar 2021, 09:02 wonder how can I download
Please follow this post:

viewtopic.php?p=17796#p17796
Rickster41
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Ricky

Glideslope missing

Post by Rickster41 »

Hi I've just taken a flight into this airport. The runways have Ils but there are no glideslopes present. The aircraft locks onto the ils frequency but does not descend as a result of the glideslopes missing.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you provide more details? Which sim? Which plane? It sounds very weird, because the scenery has full ILS guideance and such the problem has never been observed/reported.
Rickster41
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Rickster41 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 30 Oct 2021, 07:41 Can you provide more details? Which sim? Which plane? It sounds very weird, because the scenery has full ILS guideance and such the problem has never been observed/reported.
Hi the sim being used is P3D v5 I was using the quality wings 787. As stated it locked onto the Ils frequency and lined up with the runway but never descended. I also use Aivlasoft EFB and the EFB reports no localiser present.
Rickster41
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Rickster41 »

Rickster41 wrote: Saturday 30 Oct 2021, 09:36
Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 30 Oct 2021, 07:41 Can you provide more details? Which sim? Which plane? It sounds very weird, because the scenery has full ILS guideance and such the problem has never been observed/reported.
Hi the sim being used is P3D v5 I was using the quality wings 787. As stated it locked onto the Ils frequency and lined up with the runway but never descended. I also use Aivlasoft EFB and the EFB reports no localiser present.
Update on my post here are images showing the EFB and the map which is showing no glideslope.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Let me check this once again, but I am almost sure that everything is fine in my case. Are you sure that you don't have any duplicated AFCAD or any old other files? Have you tried to reinstall the scenery with admin rights? And last but not least - our scenery is on top of the scenery library?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sorry but everything looks fine in p3d v5.2 - see the video: https://youtu.be/DBd7Yccp9BQ

To be very honest I have no idea what is causing the issue on your PC. If there is no faulty AFCAD, maybe default airport navaid database in P3D is causing this, but it shouldn't be out of date. However there is a donationware update for navaids and ILS data here: http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html or payware version - fsaerodata.

Which plane did you use for your tests?
Rickster41
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Rickster41 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Sunday 31 Oct 2021, 06:32 Let me check this once again, but I am almost sure that everything is fine in my case. Are you sure that you don't have any duplicated AFCAD or any old other files? Have you tried to reinstall the scenery with admin rights? And last but not least - our scenery is on top of the scenery library?
Hi

I have checked and have no duplicate files. I have uninstalled your scenery and set back to the default airport my EFB now shows the the localizer and the frequencies and have made a successful ILS landing with the QW787. I reinstalled your scenery and my EFB reports no localiser and the same as before the plane lines up with the runway but does not descend. This is also the case with the scenery at the top of the library. All of your other products I own there is no issues it just seems to be with EETN. I purchased EETN from ORBX and used the ORBX client to install. Do you think by any possibility that ORBX has some missing files on their servers which could be causing this issue.
Rickster41
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Rickster41 »

Rickster41 wrote: Sunday 31 Oct 2021, 18:42
Martin_Starski wrote: Sunday 31 Oct 2021, 06:32 Let me check this once again, but I am almost sure that everything is fine in my case. Are you sure that you don't have any duplicated AFCAD or any old other files? Have you tried to reinstall the scenery with admin rights? And last but not least - our scenery is on top of the scenery library?
Hi

I have checked and have no duplicate files. I have uninstalled your scenery and set back to the default airport my EFB now shows the the localizer and the frequencies and have made a successful ILS landing with the QW787. I reinstalled your scenery and my EFB reports no localiser and the same as before the plane lines up with the runway but does not descend. This is also the case with the scenery at the top of the library. All of your other products I own there is no issues it just seems to be with EETN. I purchased EETN from ORBX and used the ORBX client to install. Do you think by any possibility that ORBX has some missing files on their servers which could be causing this issue.
UPDATE:

I have checked the log file from my EFB and here are my findings.

2021-10-31 19:20:50.211 Debug : Invalid navaid: Ident='IIB', Name='<missing>', Position='59.4131609 24.8727635', Filename=F:\ORBX Scenery\p3dv5\EETN Tallinn Airport\ORBX\DrzewieckiDesign\DD_EETN\scenery\Tallinn EETN.BGL
2021-10-31 19:20:50.212 Debug : Invalid navaid: Ident='ILK', Name='<missing>', Position='59.4133534 24.8004171', Filename=F:\ORBX Scenery\p3dv5\EETN Tallinn Airport\ORBX\DrzewieckiDesign\DD_EETN\scenery\Tallinn EETN.BGL

This issue has been flagged up on Aivlasoft forum

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/4460- ... with-name/