NY Airports v2 XP

Latest version: v2.1 (2018)

Zacarias
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Carlos

Re: NY Airports v2 XP

Post by Zacarias »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 29 Dec 2021, 14:22 To be very honest there is still not enough information - can you please share your log.txt file here? (as zip file)
Please maybe do the same with scenery_packs.ini (attach as zip)

Should I understand that you installed it via zip file (manually) and you did everything in accordance to our installation manual https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xq82hd377p9h ... h.pdf?dl=0

What do you already see in your sim? Because as far as I see, the respective entries are visible in the scenery_packs.ini, so in theory everything should work in the same way as in case of some other our sceneries.
Yes, I did all the steps for installation.
I send you three things:
- an image of the loaded airport
- the scenery_packs.ini as zip
- the log.txt as zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
In the screenshot, there is (probably) a default "gateway" X-Plane scenery. Removing it should probably fix the issue.
Zacarias
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Zacarias »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Thursday 30 Dec 2021, 08:07 Hi.
In the screenshot, there is (probably) a default "gateway" X-Plane scenery. Removing it should probably fix the issue.
Hi. Thanks!
But how to remove it? I thought it would be enough to put custom airports above "Global Airports".
Zacarias
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Zacarias »

Well, I solved the issue. It was this guy here:
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/a Project_JFK 2.2/
After deleting it your wonderful KJFK loaded.

Thanks!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Glad you did!
Have fun! :)
pillow Pilot
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: pillowpilot

Post by pillow Pilot »

Just Purchased the NY airports and the scenery is not working as it should do(see image) i did have scenery for KJFK but have since uninstalled it in attempts to get scenery working. Clearly somthing is conflicting but i don't know what could someone send a list of items that conflict so that i may check my custom scenery folder for those and delete them thanks.
pillow pilot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

pillow Pilot wrote: Monday 03 Jan 2022, 09:41 scenery is not working
Hi, firstly let us know if you set the XP parameter "Number of World Objects" to high.

if it doesn't help, please remove Scenery_Packs.ini file to allow XP to rebuild it (always do the backup).

If it doesn't help too, please provide us with your scenery_packs.ini and log.txt files (you can attach them here but as ZIP file)
pillow Pilot
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: pillowpilot

Post by pillow Pilot »

OK thankyou I will try to turn up world objects I think I have in on Medium and if that doesn't work is the scenery_packs. Ini in my custom Scenery or somewhere else
Thankyou
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The ground and the jetways are displayed so it seem like the "Number of World Objects" issue indeed.
Flightsimmer1951
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: XP51

Post by Flightsimmer1951 »

I am a 70+ Mac user and enthusiastic XP flightsimmer. In the meantime I have purchased several Drzewiecki Design sceneries (of which Seattle airports via Orbx). I have installed all airports, but I don't understand how to handle the installer. I have read the explanation several times, but I do not understand in which folder the different files should be placed (English is not my native language). For example:
In case of X-Plane 11 you need to copy all lines included in the file X-Plane11\Custom Scenery\DD <Productnaam> INSTALLER\earth_nav11.txt into the file named X-Plane 11\Custom Data\user_nav.dat into the bottom of the list, just above the line containing “99”. If there is no user_nav.dat available in the given directly you need to copy it from the X-Plane11\Custom Scenery\<DD Productname> INSTALLER folder.
But I see no file X-Plane 11\Custom Data\user_nav.dat and also no line containing "99". In addition, if I copy the user_nav.dat from an installer folder of, for example, NY Airports1, it will be overwritten if I do the same with the user_nav.dat from NY Airports2 or Washington. In short, I have not read something correctly and therefore do not understand it. Can you help me further please?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, sure - we will try to help you.

This step is for adding navigational aids. Let's start with the question if you have the file called user_nav.dat in X-Plane 11\Custom Data.

If you don't, just copy our user_nav.dat file from the our folder: X-Plane11\Custom Scenery\(OurProductName)\INSTALLER

But if there is user_nav.dat in X-Plane 11\Custom Data, you need to:
- open in text editor our file earth_nav11.txt, which is in X-Plane11\Custom Scenery\(OurProductName)\INSTALLER and copy all lines
- then open user_nav.dat in text editor and paste our lines in the bottom just before the line containing "99"

If you still have any questions or doubts, please don't hesitate to ask.
Flightsimmer1951
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your reply. If I have understood correctly, I only have to copy one of the user_nav.dat files from NY1, NY2 or Washington installer to Custom data. Or do I also have to copy the earth_nav11.txt lines from each airport to user_nav.dat?

Then another question about the standard DD installation of these 3 airports. If I understand correctly, the Eart nav data in the airport folder are overwritten with those from one of the 4 folders in the Installer folder. As far as I can judge, the standard DD installation is no-static pr. Is that correct, or do I still have to follow the DD instruction from 'Documents' for that choice?

Kind regards, Jan
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi Jan, if you have user_nav.dat please copy and paste the lines from each earth_nav11.txt attached to each our airport / package / scenery. I'm sorry but I'm not able to explain it any clearer than I did.

In the installer folder you have the files per each selected / choosed configuration. Just select the one you want, copy the files and paste them to the right folder - you will not destroy anything :D
Flightsimmer1951
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Hi Martin, That's clear to me. Thank you so much, Jan
denver_aviator

Post by denver_aviator »

So not sure what's up. I've never had an issue like this before, and I know it's an issue with my PC and not DD, but something needs to happen. I very recently purchased the V2 NYC airport (KEWR/KCDW/KLDJ), and every time I go to click the download link, it brings me to this:

I did a check and tried to fix the problem, my results were unsuccessful. Maybe, possibly, someone could send a google drive with the scenery or somehow help because I sure don't want it to go to waste.